2022 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2022 Draft Thread

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
Ultimate dollar each way. Two posts ago, you were confident he’d kick 40.
Not really, a bit hard to kick goals from defence if that's deemed the immediate need, but with an outstanding set shot his best place is up forward, that's the logical place to start in my opinion.

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
I haven‘t been to VlAldo’s since before COVID and it was sensational.

Went to the Railway before Xmas, was just ok. St Telmo is the king steak joint now.
Railway hotel in Port Melb ?

If thats the place your talking about then they changed ownership and the previous owner has just taken over the Graham

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Perfect example of trying to be the maverick, I doubt he was in any club's sights, could have quietly picked him up as a rookie. But Hine's radar for good characters has diminished over the years, it's a far cry from the Pendlebury era, they have also lost the plot with trade values, always a fire sale and always a ratings winner for those who enjoy a good soap opera.

You also need to take into effect what role Hine was doing. Very easy to put all Collingwoods recruiting/trading on Hine over the past two decades but his role has waxed and waned over that time.

From recruiter to List Mgr (giving up head of recruiting duties - which anecdotally he wasn't as good as) back to recruiting (reporting Graeme Wright when came across),

These all need to be weighed with time lines if you're going to apportion responsibility.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
You also need to take into effect what role Hine was doing. Very easy to put all Collingwoods recruiting/trading on Hine over the past two decades but his role has waxed and waned over that time.

From recruiter to List Mgr (giving up head of recruiting duties - which anecdotally he wasn't as good as) back to recruiting (reporting Graeme Wright when came across),

These all need to be weighed with time lines if you're going to apportion responsibility.
Sounds like you just volunteered :LOL:

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006

DuD_Delist

Tiger Superstar
Sep 30, 2014
All jokes aside, Harley is the type of player who might initiate a fresh round of tanking, I've got Dusty vibes, it will take some exceptional football to knock him off the number one perch, either that or he pulls a Darling stunt or two.
Yep.Didn't look out of place in the champs.
Hopefully West Coast finish last.
Bring him home to Tigerland in a few years.

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
Now our list for season '23 is complete how does everyone here rate our total off season recruiting?
I think we obtained the correct type of personnel it just comes down to whether we hit the right notes at the right time.

Reactions: 2 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
I haven‘t been to VlAldo’s since before COVID and it was sensational.

Went to the Railway before Xmas, was just ok. St Telmo is the king steak joint now.
My best mate owns San Telmos.
We’re actually partners in a horse, San Telmos Fire.
We might be serving her up soon if she doesn’t find some form.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
My best mate owns San Telmos.
We’re actually partners in a horse, San Telmos Fire.
We might be serving her up soon if she doesn’t find some form.
Your best mate is a god in the kitchen, it’s my favourite joint in Melbourne.

Can pick good animal flesh, besides horses.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Got a source at Hawthorn and some inhouse mail coming through.

They are over the moon with Cam MacKenzie, seeing things in match sim that have them convinced he is an A grader. Seeing Pendlebury type things.

And Josh Weddle is performing in every role they play him in. And is physical, ready to go. They think both are destined to play a lot of football this year.

Reactions: 2 users

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006

They are over the moon with Cam MacKenzie, seeing things in match sim that have them convinced he is an A grader. Seeing Pendlebury type things.

And Josh Weddle is performing in every role they play him in. And is physical, ready to go. They think both are destined to play a lot of football this year.
The three best kicks in the draft all set to debut, in order I had them ranked Sheezel, Cowan & McKenzie.

Weddle I'm still unsure about, I think much of that relates to his lack of fixed position, I guess if he's an onballer he could surprise but I'm still getting tweener vibes, probably tracks in a similar manner to Josh Battle.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
The three best kicks in the draft all set to debut, in order I had them ranked Sheezel, Cowan & McKenzie.

Weddle I'm still unsure about, I think much of that relates to his lack of fixed position, I guess if he's an onballer he could surprise but I'm still getting tweener vibes, probably tracks in a similar manner to Josh Battle.
Weddle they think will be a full time mid. May even start on a wing, his running is that good they have no doubt he can do the required running of a modern day wing.

Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv

That’s why I don’t have them finishing last this year like so many. They’re building a decent list Hawthorn. Could sort of see the roots of it last year and now they’ve added to it. Young ? Yes. But good young.

Only Mitchell can stuff it up.