2022 Draft Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2022 Draft Thread

DjJazzyPete

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 8, 2014
Nata , Botswana
Big yes from me , good for the salary cap . As we don't have to pay him in money . Just have to pay him in honey . I heard that is his fave thing ;)

Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
He's a very good player,seems very well rounded in all aspects of football,nice kick,good overhead,tackles/get contested ball,and outside ball,he isn't slow .
From the interview l seen of him he has the good character the tigers like,he would be a good pick up,but l reckon we trade our first pick this year.
What are you seeing with your GWV Rebels this year Cincinnati Bungals ? Cadman obviously (think I prefer him over Jefferson) but what about others ? Ballantyne ? Understand he's still doing 260klm trips from Portland to play and train. Foot injury I think this year. Runs his guts out that kid. Not a bad user. Fogaty, Sinnott, Loader, Bond, Van Es, McCluggage ? A few of them have been training at WB, Carlton and Geelong.

Big game v the Kinights this Saturday. Don't drop this one Bungals !

Last edited:

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
What are you seeing with your GWV Rebels this year Cincinnati Bungals ? Cadman obviously (think I prefer him over Jefferson) but what about others ? Ballantyne ? Understand he's still doing 260klm trips from Portland to play and train. Foot injury I think this year. Runs his guts out that kid. Not a bad user. Fogaty, Sinnott, Loader, Bond, Van Es, McCluggage ? A few of them have been training at WB, Carlton and Geelong.

Big game v the Kinights this Saturday. Don't drop this one Bungals !
Yeah 2 matches in Ballarat on each day Sat/sun,lm only going Saturday.
Cadman is good ,he doesn't just kick goals,he gets other's involved and his work rate is really good ,and consistent.,l wouldn't be surprised to see him go as early as pick 2,,Ashcroft no 1.
Hugh Bond l have liked all year,he has elite endurance ,his work rate in tackling and pressure is excellent ,his skills are decent ,probably needs to develop a outside game .

Fogarty is 198cm and skinny ,he does get around the ground well,and his skills are good,but if a AFL club took him ,you would be looking at least 2 years development in the vfl ,while he builds up,and finds his right position,he is strong overhead .
Sinnott will be top age come draft time,,his foot skills are really good ,and is composed with the ball,also endurance is very good ,BUT is too outside for me .

Van Es 197cm 96 kg rock solid back man ,he is good over head ,his skills are decent ,and quite good at ground level ,l believe a few clubs have interviewed him at home ,so he looks like he will be drafted ,has a bit of hardness about him,l wouldn't mind him at the Tiges,he doesn't look like being that run off CHB type ,more your Astbury gorilla tamer type.

Ballantyne and Molan have had a good year when playing Nab cup,but not dominant , both are top age,so maybe late picks or rookies

Reactions: 1 users

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015

Bailey Humphrey​

Midfielder/Forward, VIC​

Weight: 86kg
Height: 184cm
Club: Vic Country/Gippsland Power/ Moe NFC/ Lowanna College
2022 National Champs N/A
A powerful midfielder-forward, Humphrey has excited recruiters despite missing a significant chunk of football this year. He is a real competitor who attacks the ball ferociously, has seriously quick breakaway speed from stoppages and is a neat kick on both feet. When playing forward, he is a strong mark in the contest and is dangerous around goals. Humphrey suffered a meniscus tear in his knee in May, which meant he missed Vic Country’s first three games of the under-18 national championships. However, he made a stunning return to the field for Gippsland Power in the NAB League in Round 14, logging 31 disposals (14 contested), 12 marks, 14 score involvements and four goals and kicked another four goals in the final home-and-away round.

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015

Hugh Bond​

Midfielder/defender, VIC​

Weight: 84kg
Height: 184cm
Club: Vic Country/GWV Rebels/North Ballarat
2022 NAB League U18s 118 ranking points, 19.6 disposals, 11.2 contested possessions, 8.9 tackles, 5.3 clearances 2022 National Champs 82 ranking points, 16.0 disposals, 5.7 intercept possessions, 4.7 tackles
An inside midfielder at NAB League level for the GWV Rebels, Bond has attracted further interest after being used as a small defender during the national carnival. A national rower with Ballarat Grammar. previously juggled the two sports before narrowing his focus to footy this season, averaged 5.7 intercepts per game for Vic Country, showcasing his versatility and ability to consistently win 1-on-1 contests. The North Ballarat prospect is ultra-competitive, strong defensively, a powerful athlete and has elite endurance, placing fourth in the yo-yo test at the NAB League testing. Bond is a tackling machine through the midfield, leading the NAB League for tackles with 8.9 per game in the NAB League - laying 32 more any other player - and has won 55 per cent of his possessions in a contest.

This is a player l like throughout the champs for SA,.

Billy Dowling​

Midfielder, SA​

Weight: 79kg
Height: 187cm
Club: North Adelaide/Walkerville
2022 SANFL U18s 169 ranking points, 31.2 disposals, 13.5 contested possessions, 16 goals (total) 2022 National Champs 80 ranking points, 24.8 disposals, 4 inside-50s, 3.8 clearances
The big-bodied on-baller has been a dominant force at SANFL under-18 level this season, leading the competition for disposals and ranking points – and in his final minor-round game, he took it to a whole new level. The 187cm teenager tallied 44 disposals, 17 marks, 14 score involvements, 4.3 and 268 ranking points in the biggest individual performance of the season. Dowling, a terrific leader, who co-captains his school side St Peter’s, is a balanced midfielder with an impressive ability to find space forward of centre and hit the scoreboard, and he had some great moments for SA at the national carnival.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007

Reactions: 2 users

bengal tigers

Tiger Superstar
Apr 29, 2015
I don't mind that order,Busslinger l think will go before 10 though,and let's hope Cadman does go to GWS so we can raid them in 3 year's :cool:

Reactions: 1 users