2022 Mid Season Draft | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2022 Mid Season Draft

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Not that keen on Lefau either….

Ballantyne might be a good winger for someone but we have a few already and he’s not really a mature body, ready to go type either.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Anyone seen this apparent no 1 in the MSD Jai Calley play?
Is that the Dandy kid with dreads? I wrote something about him in the draft thread, didn’t know he was eligible.

Jai Culley- Big raw onballer beast. 191 cm. Could be huge after a couple of seasons in the gym. Dreadlocks. Looks like he is making it up at as he goes and not entirely sure what he is going to do next but he works hard. And then the next minute does something super classy. Gets to a lot of contests. Was smart with the ball. Quick hands. Good in tight. Pace? Not sure.

Reactions: 1 user

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Keep an eye on Kye Turner, 19 and a 194cm key defender at Old Haileybury. Paul Amy mentioned him on twitter. I have some mates down that way, St Kilda looking, Hawthorn looking and so are we. Huge bolter, if not MSD will get on a list next year.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Keep an eye on Kye Turner, 19 and a 194cm key defender at Old Haileybury. Paul Amy mentioned him on twitter. I have some mates down that way, St Kilda looking, Hawthorn looking and so are we. Huge bolter, if not MSD will get on a list next year.

After the last 2 years, I assume we will see this sort of thing fairly regularly over the next couple of years.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
After the last 2 years, I assume we will see this sort of thing fairly regularly over the next couple of years.
Would pay for us to carry a list spot or 2 to pick up an SSP and mid season draftee each year.
In other words hold over the 4th round picks and look at these 19-22yo playing around the traps

Reactions: 4 users

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
Would pay for us to carry a list spot or 2 to pick up an SSP and mid season draftee each year.
In other words hold over the 4th round picks and look at these 19-22yo playing around the traps
Good thinking 99 , best thing about mid season is coz most clubs don’t elect to use it , you’re getting atop 10 selection

Reactions: 1 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Mykelti Lefau has done an ACL, no chance of a MSD gig now.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 5 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
you’re getting atop 10 selection
Bad thing is that your selecting from the left overs n dodgy bits that weren't rated in the important drafts.

Good thing is that you can pick n chose from players that have had half a season of footy to properly show their abilities, plus there's always players that mature a bit slower than some and you can find players that are capable of being solid core players for years to come with minimum development. Just like Lamblett or Foosh if you pick right.

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Clubs should be able to have first choice of players from their vfl teams.
Don't complicate things H.
The AFL struggle with those types of ideas.
P.s who's killing it in our 2's??
Will be in Essendon jumper by round 13

thegdog

Tiger Champion
Sep 28, 2009
Casey Voss - son of. From all that I’ve read, definitely worth being picked up. Tough, speedy and very good disposal.

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
HUN now promoting Massimo D'Ambrosio as the hot pick in the MSD.

tigertim

Mar 6, 2004
Interestingly Jake Florenca from WA has been added to the list of eligible players for the MSD. He played a game for the Eagles a few weeks ago as a topup player. If he gets drafted by a different club and plays a game with them he,ll be the first player since Ian McMullen 30 years ago to play for 2 clubs in the same season.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Interestingly Jake Florence from WA has been added to the list of eligible players for the MSD. He played a game for the Eagles a few weeks ago as a topup player. If he gets drafted by a different club and plays a game with them he,ll be the first player since Ian McMullen 30 years ago to play for 2 clubs in the same season.
Hopefully he gets picked up and plays against West Coast!

Reactions: 1 user