2024 Richmond Coach | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Richmond Coach

A. What percentage of coaches are 2nd or more club per year?

B. What percentage of 2nd or more coaches win a flag per year.

If B < A I agree.

But I’d like to see the numbers.

If A is small then of course there aren’t that many. Judging it based on A is an easy cognitive error.

This year A is 4/18. Lyon voss Scott Clarkson

Last year 2/18 ratten Voss.

Personally I think successful senior coaching is a Middle Aged persons game.

Young people haven’t had the experiences of hiring and firing / dealing with disappointment and success of others etc.
All fair points - I just think there’s been too many ‘saviour’ coaches brought in from elsewhere (Worsfold at Essendon, Malthouse & Voss at Carlton, Wallace for us) who’ve achieved very little.

And when I say ‘young‘ men I should add ‘relatively’ as I more mean that I would favour someone in their 30’s or early 40’s (eg Josh Carr) over someone in their 50’s (eg Buckley or Hinckley).

Reactions: 1 users
I’m sure he won’t , however our football club has every right to ask the question and I’m sure they will , they wouldn’t be doing their due diligence if they didn’t . We have been raided both on and off field during our dynasty, not one of our pillars Dimma , Balmey included haven’t not been tried to be poached by another club

I doubt it Brightsider, McRae is not gettable and they wouldn't waste their time or his. But who knows, you might be right.

Focus on what is doable.

I doubt it Brightsider, McRae is not gettable and they wouldn't waste their time or his. But who knows, you might be right.

Focus on what is doable.
Shame the Scum are performing so well, otherwise, had they just started in an average way under Fly, his 2nd thought of leaving them would be bigger.

Lenny Hayes?

Recent trend has been for premiership coaches to have premierships as players (Scott, Goodwin, Dimma, Simpson) - if this is relevant, Hayes would be out.

Reactions: 1 user
Josh Carr sounds like a good get early doors. Just run the process and if he ticks all the boxes why not.

Reactions: 3 users
Josh Carr sounds like a good get early doors. Just run the process and if he ticks all the boxes why not.
Carr - premiership player, coached premiership in SANFL, assistant at Freo and Port.
Jarrad Schofield - premiership player, 3 x WAFL premiership coach, assistant at Port

Incoming coach needs to clear the decks in a similar manner to Sam Mitchell, I think we can get things in order with some intelligent trading of players like Broad & perhaps Dusty who may well follow Dimma if he lands at GC. The approach from here should be 3-4 picks in the top 30.

• Dislike
Stewart Dew?
Actually think he's a pretty good coach despite the Sun$ lack of success so far.

the only way to summon Stewie

Don Pyke is the interesting one. Will he try senior coaching again? At swans anow. Got Adelaide to a GF but lost to mighty tigers. Post the camp it may have taught him many new lessons. Sort of forgotten about post leaving adelaide

Don Pyke is the interesting one. Will he try senior coaching again? At swans anow. Got Adelaide to a GF but lost to mighty tigers. Post the camp it may have taught him many new lessons. Sort of forgotten about post leaving adelaide

Doubt he fits the Richmond man mould.

Has the charisma of a dead bird

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users