2024 Richmond Coach | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Richmond Coach

The first 2 that come to mind is Justin Leppitsch and Blake Carracella.

I would at least speak to Matty Knights to see if he wants to go through the process. You would think Andrew McQualter will get an interview. Maybe Teague and Truck as well.

Not saying I want them, but you would also have to have a conversation with Adam Simpson who is surely done at the Eagles. And Bucks?

If you want me to suggest someone from left field, how about Grigga? Is he ready? He seems to be highly rated in the industry.

If anyone suggests Chris Newman, I’ll throw up. I am very happy he’s at Hawthorn. I hope he is too.

Reactions: 4 users
Not Yze, from someone in clubland, he's not a leader who creates culture, great X & O' and making game day moves and 1 on 1 player development.

Reactions: 2 users
you would also have to have a conversation with Adam Simpson who is surely done at the Eagles.
Can we please stop this lunacy? The man is as charismatic and articulate as lump of wood.

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
Scott Burns and Jarroyd Schofield are primed for a shot at the top spot. As is Josh Carr

Last edited:
So Port Adelaide got Josh Carr over from Freo with the view of him taking over from Hinkley.

We could snare another Port premiership player from under their noses.

Reactions: 1 users
Josh Carr would be the one i would go for. Highly touted. Has coached his own teams to success. Port apparently very eager to sign him up. He is my no.1 target.

Would have looked at Bucks but just not sure he has or will ever develop the people skills required to bring a playing group together. Fantastic footy mind but coaching is so much more than that.

As others have said Grigg way too early in his development to become a senior coach.

Andy Collins would definitely be another one i would look at.

Massive NO to Yze. Another that is a great assistant but doesn't have the people skills to control a large group of men.

Hinkley is an interesting one. Is actually a great communicator and players generally love playing for him. Just not sure he has the mental strength to take it to the next level and win a premiership. His teams usually play some exciting footy. He has had to contend with Kochie for his whole tenure and never seemed to get the complete backing from the board. Perhaps with the whole club behind him he may take that next step.

Reactions: 8 users
Surely MacQualter is on trial. Guess it is up to him to plan for the future and be interesting to see what he plans with JR8 Cotch even Nank and Grimes. Suspect he will have to try and whole pile of new plans as the old is not working, Interesting heard he was on the Carlton short list before they went for Voss

Reactions: 1 users
whether he is a Richmond Man or could become one I don't know.

Last edited:
Josh Carr would be the one i would go for. Highly touted. Has coached his own teams to success. Port apparently very eager to sign him up. He is my no.1 target.

Would have looked at Bucks but just not sure he has or will ever develop the people skills required to bring a playing group together. Fantastic footy mind but coaching is so much more than that.

As others have said Grigg way too early in his development to become a senior coach.

Andy Collins would definitely be another one i would look at.

Massive NO to Yze. Another that is a great assistant but doesn't have the people skills to control a large group of men.

Hinkley is an interesting one. Is actually a great communicator and players generally love playing for him. Just not sure he has the mental strength to take it to the next level and win a premiership. His teams usually play some exciting footy. He has had to contend with Kochie for his whole tenure and never seemed to get the complete backing from the board. Perhaps with the whole club behind him he may take that next step.

Great post.

You need someone who can give tough love, give a cuddle but also sell a vision even when things aren't going that well.

Hinkley seems to have this for me - even last year he had that emanating from him. Footy such an outcome business - he is a Dursma dropped mark away from a grand final and a few Charlie Dixon set shot misses away from a bazillion knock out final wins vs West Coast.

Reactions: 3 users
Great post.

You need someone who can give tough love, give a cuddle but also sell a vision even when things aren't going that well.

Hinkley seems to have this for me - even last year he had that emanating from him. Footy such an outcome business - he is a Dursma dropped mark away from a grand final and a few Charlie Dixon set shot misses away from a bazillion knock out final wins vs West Coast.
Don't underestimate the difficulty in being a Victorian living and coaching in South Australia.
If Hinkley is available you take him.

Reactions: 2 users
At this early stage, without knowing anything - Yze impresses me from the assistants and would like to have Buckley go through the process.

Great post.

Totally agree. I think his handling of JHF was brilliant and now the rewards are there to see with JHF playing some fantastic footy.

Reactions: 1 user