2024 Training With The Ooze Crew | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

2024 Training With The Ooze Crew

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
To be fair he was listed as 4-6 weeks when he did it. This weekend will be 4, the Freo game 5
Who knows. Probably. But given our record with injuries the last few years, and Meehan's comments that "Noah's finally running, its taken his knee a little bit to get over the initial injury" doesn't exactly instill me with the greatest of confidence.

Reactions: 1 user

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Who knows. Probably. But given our record with injuries the last few years, and Meehan's comments that "Noah's finally running, its taken his knee a little bit to get over the initial injury" doesn't exactly instill me with the greatest of confidence.
It's hard to know I agree. I'm no physio or doctor but running 3 weeks into a 4-6 week injury doesn't seem too far off the mark. We've been distracted by Noah's optimism I reckon.
My concern sometimes is the reporting on the injury list which doesn't always reflect the words we hear

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Great. We might know what their weapons are but it's another thing having the weapons to counter them.

They have artillery rifles and we are trying to counter with a bic pen and spitballs
Its one advantage we have. Hopefully we can ambush the demons.

Suns troubled the swans with Stuart Dew, Dimma against us in r1.
Coaches have seen first hand when their players were beaten and the gameplan opened up. We gotta use whatever we can!

yo_eddy

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 18, 2023
Fridge looked upbeat in that press conference. Perhaps we’ve added a little something to the Anzac cookies?

”These cookies are delicious Trac. Go on, have another!”

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Great. We might know what their weapons are but it's another thing having the weapons to counter them.

They have artillery rifles and we are trying to counter with a bic pen and spitballs

I mean the pen is mightier than the sword right?

As long as their rifles are the ones with bayonets/swords and they forgot the ammo we are good!

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Referring back to Caesar's pre season reports with Jnr doing a heap of extra running. We are starting to see the benefits of that now.

Reactions: 8 users
Our forward entry plan will need some training next week. Having time to look for a target, then kicking long to two Melbourne backs is puzzling. Over and over

Can you imagine a gridiron quarterback ignoring his receivers and throwing to an unmarked opponent? It would NEVER happen. Yet we do that over and over. They weren't miss-kicks either.

Reactions: 2 users

yo_eddy

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 18, 2023
With hindsight Pickett’s left foot grubber kick along the ground was probably the best way inside 50.

Reactions: 4 users

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Our forward entry plan will need some training next week. Having time to look for a target, then kicking long to two Melbourne backs is puzzling. Over and over

Can you imagine a gridiron quarterback ignoring his receivers and throwing to an unmarked opponent? It would NEVER happen. Yet we do that over and over. They weren't miss-kicks either.
Being happening for last couple of years we don’t look for other options apart from bombing it in

davidc0055

Tiger Matchwinner
May 23, 2011
Being happening for last couple of years we don’t look for other options apart from bombing it in
Teams know to flood back against us, leaving few options especially when the kicker is under pressure. Lack of composure plus inexperience doesn't help

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
Just wondering about the outlook for this year.Thinking back Dimma in his first year coached nine straight losses and finished with six wins. Will our new coach better that?

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Just wondering about the outlook for this year.Thinking back Dimma in his first year coached nine straight losses and finished with six wins. Will our new coach better that?
In the long term, yes.