A-League threads [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

A-League threads [Merged]

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Ian4 said:
Westgate Diggers has always been my preferece. Westgate as it is the road that leads to the west, Geelong and Ballarat (which is their target fan base) and Diggers due to its historical reference to the Eureka Stockade.

That sounds like the name of an under 12 basketball side.

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Ian4 said:
hoops might appeal to Geelong residents i guess, but i don't think its very original. Westgate Diggers has always been my preferece. Westgate as it is the road that leads to the west, Geelong and Ballarat (which is their target fan base) and Diggers due to its historical reference to the Eureka Stockade.

That's cringe-worthy

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
garbage. you're just salty i thought up the best name. the name and nickname and geographic and historic to the region. and simple.

JoMamma said:
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/soccer/western-melbourne-s-kardinia-park-plans-uncertain-20190131-p50uwe.html

lol, thats just Kardinia Park Stadium Management posturing for a good deal. WMG were in dialogue with KPSM before they were awarded the licence, but couldn't commit to any agreement until they received confirmation of the licence. there will be an announcement soon, trust me.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Interestingly there's already a Westside Strikers which is a good name.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Ian4 said:
garbage. you're just salty i thought up the best name. the name and nickname and geographic and historic to the region. and simple.

Probably. Go gaters or go diggers?

Maybe moving away from the traditional names is best?

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
well whatever the name and colours are, they are buggering it up. the fans are given minimal opportunity to contribute. its my understanding that this team will have 3 colours and the fans are only allowed to choose the primary colour. its my understanding the other 2 colour combinations have already been chosen by management. they have already selected 2 specific colours dependant on which primary colour was voted in.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Ian4 said:
well whatever the name and colours are, they are buggering it up. the fans are given minimal opportunity to contribute. its my understanding that this team will have 3 colours and the fans are only allowed to choose the primary colour. its my understanding the other 2 colour combinations have already been chosen by management. they have already selected 2 specific colours dependant on which primary colour was voted in.

Green is the most popular choice. Green black white or green red white could work.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Harry said:
Green is the most popular choice. Green black white or green red white could work.

Lets be clear here, the survey where green was the popular choice was listed on the ALeague facebook page where 95% of the voters won't follow this team. It is not the official voting site. Green still may win though. we'll see.

and the 2 secondary colours could be anything. they might not be the colours listed on the voting form. so colours like Teal and Gold could still be admitted.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
so various media outlets are reporting that the name will be Western Athletic and the colours will be black and green. official announcement to be tomorrow night. They have also announced Josh Risden as their second signing.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Ian4 said:
so various media outlets are reporting that the name will be Western Athletic and the colours will be black and green. official announcement to be tomorrow night. They have also announced Josh Risden as their second signing.

Risden is a good signing.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Ian4 said:

Terrible name. Too generalised. Sounds like a sports merchandise business.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
TigerForce said:
Terrible name. Too generalised. Sounds like a sports merchandise business.

yeah but you don't want it too specfic either. many people were pushing Wyndham Town, but that would have alienated people from other regions of the west, as well as Geelong and Ballarat