A-League threads [Merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

A-League threads [Merged]

tigertim said:
Binman, ive come to this game Victory v Wellington and its certainly been a more interesting game than the City game last month.

That's because neither team plays anti Football. But we just need to get our best players on the pitch. Hasn't happened all season and the champions league is around the corner.

TigerForce said:
Is Aloisi the Mark Neeld type coach of this league?

I actually rate Aloisi as a coach but he doesn't have the cattle at Brisbane. The Bakries refuse to spend. He had the same issue at Heart of course

Ian4 said:
That's because neither team plays anti Football. But we just need to get our best players on the pitch. Hasn't happened all season and the champions league is around the corner.

I actually rate Aloisi as a coach but he doesn't have the cattle at Brisbane. The Bakries refuse to spend. He had the same issue at Heart of course
Wellington play football? What games have you been watching?
5 at the back and everyone else behind the ball is exactly what anti-football
is all about. Your typically illogical ‘football analysis’ is laughable.

JoMamma said:
Wellington play football? What games have you been watching?
5 at the back and everyone else behind the ball is exactly what anti-football
is all about. Your typically illogical ‘football analysis’ is laughable.

I take your point about 5 at the back. Perth also play this way when playing away from home. But I think Wellington still try to play more attacking Football. Wellington being 5th for shots taken and Perth being 9th corroborates this somewhat.

As for you criticising my analysis... feel free to debate me on anything ALeague related anytime, anyday my friend.

Ian4 said:
I take your point about 5 at the back. Perth also play this way when playing away from home. But I think Wellington still try to play more attacking Football. Wellington being 5th for shots taken and Perth being 9th corroborates this somewhat.

As for you criticising my analysis... feel free to debate me on anything ALeague related anytime, anyday my friend.
We both know who the anti-football gibe was directed at.
It’s typical MV supporters and their hysterical hyperbole.
Becomes really tiresome after a while...

JoMamma said:
We both know who the anti-football gibe was directed at.
It’s typical MV supporters and their hysterical hyperbole.
Becomes really tiresome after a while...

In all honesty, I have no idea what you're talking about.

Adelaide playing their best football of the year. How will victory respond in the 2nd half.

Victory were putrid. I have major concerns over our two fullbacks , Roux and Brown. I reckon both get sucked in centrally too much and often lose their man behind them. They also allow way too many crosses in.

joegarra said:
Victory were putrid. I have major concerns over our two fullbacks , Roux and Brown. I reckon both get sucked in centrally too much and often lose their man behind them. They also allow way too many crosses in.

not going for WMG Joe? ;)

but yeah i agree with our fullbacks getting sucked in too centrally. The Honda effect I'd say. there is no doubt our midfield is struggling without him and maybe we're trying to overcompensate.

Wanderers 2 nil up after 90 minutes, and drew 2/2 with the Roar after the Roar scored 2 goals in stoppage time!!!!

What crowd does AAMI Park hold?

Looks a bit empty. Australia Day, MV v Syd, where is everyone?

Midsy said:
What crowd does AAMI Park hold?

Looks a bit empty. Australia Day, MV v Syd, where is everyone?

Have to say I was disgusted by the 21,000 crowd. We should be selling out AAMI Park for this game. Public Holiday. Beautiful weather.

The only excuse i can make is that I do think ticketing was a problem. It was a fully ticketed game and GA members had to upgrade to a paper ticket by last Tuesday. Not sure if it was communicated well enough.

Giardiasis said:
Massive result. A 6 point win really.

Huge result in the context of our season. Both teams had players out, but we were still ableto get the job done. With Honda and Nedermeier back in the next week or 2, the the Donachie/Ansell swap to be announced as soon as tomorrow, its put us in a good position to run down Perth.

I thought we played well but still look like conceding dumb goals occasionally. Deng needs another big guy near him. Kenny and Elvis were good subs when we needed to regenerate some run.

joegarra said:
I thought we played well but still look like conceding dumb goals occasionally. Deng needs another big guy near him. Kenny and Elvis were good subs when we needed to regenerate some run.

I think Broxy has done incredibly well at CB. Add Valeri to that who is having his best season in years. But i don't expect either player to be in the starting 11 when we are at full strength. Nor should they be.

Ian4 said:
I think Broxy has done incredibly well at CB. Add Valeri to that who is having his best season in years. But i don't expect either player to be in the starting 11 when we are at full strength. Nor should they be.

Broxham is a marvel. 170cm tall, must weigh 70kg max. Plays anywhere in midfield or in defence. True warrior - with I think three Premierships under his belt now? Totally destroyed the doubters and nay-sayers.

Toivanen has clearly pulled well ahead of FallnRolli as best imported striker this year. Where is that fat little Uruguayan anyway?

antman said:
Broxham is a marvel. 170cm tall, must weigh 70kg max. Plays anywhere in midfield or in defence. True warrior - with I think three Premierships under his belt now? Totally destroyed the doubters and nay-sayers.

I'll put my hand up and say he should have been retired at the end of the season, but we'd be stuffed if he did. He's the ultimate club man.