AFL360 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFL360

Anyway, watch us get penalised at least 2 "blocking" frees against our forwards this week.

• Angry
Reactions: 4 users
Anyway, watch us get penalised at least 2 "blocking" frees against our forwards this week.
and we have to be a little savvy to that
this is year 5 we sit on the bottom of the free differential table
we have to slowly change that so we can stretch the Dimmasty out !!!

Reactions: 1 users
I know the game has changed since he played, but everytime I hear or see David King pontificate about head high stuff or off the ball incidents it appears to me he's forgotten firstly that he once played footy and with a certain degree of irony that if an errant elbow was required he had 2 of them at his disposal.... often!

Dermie can drive me nuts on occasion but at least he remembers what he did!
Didn't King slide into a swans player in the opening minutes of the 1996 GF.
He almost decapitated the bloke

Didn't King slide into a swans player in the opening minutes of the 1996 GF.
He almost decapitated the bloke
He was also deliberately kneeing our players in packs in a game in 2003, the Jason McCartney return game. It was so blatant.

Reactions: 1 user
Blocking off the ball happens all the time. But the tigers are unsociable.

Then they show Lynch pushing that brisbane blokes head in the ground. He's a thug they say. Selwood does the same to baker in the GF. He's competitive they say.
and Josh Bruce on Grimes in recent times ..

Th same dog who hip and shouldered Nigel Smart as he was bent down picking up the footy? Which Smartie still feels pain to this day? That dog?

The guy that ran off from a car accident coz he was pissed? Good character....

Reactions: 3 users
I don't think the point was the blocking, it was the extra vigour that turned a block into a knock the bloke over.

From my watching standing in the way is very common, knocking them over is not very common.
I agree and disagree, both happens every quarter of every game . I use to take the Richmond “ bashing” with a grain of salt , mainly due to the fact I’m obviously a bias Richmond supporter, however the media’s probing ,prodding , going through garbage bins is a little embarrassing imho . Shows there want for a negative headline rather then reporting about all the great things the RFC has done recently, I.e Tyler, A & M foundation hardly got spoke of by the media , yet Rioli & Bolton’s evening out , doesn’t leave the back page .

With you there, I've long said it's a shame the good stuff doesn't get highlighted more. Dustin can (and does) do 1000 hospital visits and not a peep but if he has a few drinks it makes the news every time.

Dunno about that happening every quarter of every game though, I can't remember seeing guys being bowled over like that very often.

it doesn't happen every quarter of every game, but it does happen occasionally. Given it happened a couple of times with our players, could it be coincidence, or did the coaches as for more vigorous blocks, or were our guys just frustrated.

He was also deliberately kneeing our players in packs in a game in 2003, the Jason McCartney return game. It was so blatant.
I remember the night he tried to take one of our players out, and wound up damaging his own team mate. Think it was Leigh Colbert and he burst his spleen.

With you there, I've long said it's a shame the good stuff doesn't get highlighted more. Dustin can (and does) do 1000 hospital visits and not a peep but if he has a few drinks it makes the news every time.

Dunno about that happening every quarter of every game though, I can't remember seeing guys being bowled over like that very often.
I think they should be done for staging :)) , not many watch what’s happening off the ball 70 to 150 metres away

i took a look at Montagna and King on 360 after reading about it here .. wish i hadn't ...

.. there is a major lack of brain power between them, a void of sorts, emptiness ..

which is good if you want to be a buddhist monk, but not a footy pundit ..

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
King is a victim of his own hubris and desire to be the first to make a grand statement wherther its founded or not and Montagna is a dead set light weight in the media and just another AFL trained and owned media puppet, always towing the company line.

I remember the night he tried to take one of our players out, and wound up damaging his own team mate. Think it was Leigh Colbert and he burst his spleen.

I remember reading about the night he tried to take out of one of our players while driving home drunk.

• Haha
King is a victim of his own hubris and desire to be the first to make a grand statement wherther its founded or not and Montagna is a dead set light weight in the media and just another AFL trained and owned media puppet, always towing the company line.

I don't understand how Montagna even got a job in the media. He was never a great player or a leading off field player.

Reactions: 5 users