AFL360 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFL360

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
It seemed like everyone has suddenly jerried to the situation. Robbo was like a kid with a new toy, the free kick diff ladder, to Dimma, laughing, "do you know this comes out every week?!!??, The Tigers are over double the next worse!?? 80 (or whatever it is) behind the Western Bulldogs!!!!" It was like it was all new to him, or maybe a few of the boys club mentioning it has created a snowball effect. Dimma's response in body language was no *smile* sherlock.

For years we've been furious about it but crickets from the media.

and funnily enough Dimma said what most on here have been saying despite consistent opposition to the thought pattern from TBR saying we are all into conspiracy theories.

The ones we concede are there and we probably have been in a position where we over infringe the AFL average and Dimma addressed this last night, BUT he also said we don't seem to get the ones we should get. Whether that means we need to dive more often who knows. Take the play that lead to the Vlastuin suspension. Jack clearly taken high in the forward line (Jack doesn't fling his head back), umpire pays a HTB free against him. Ball goes down the other end, marginally high (Jacks was worse) and Waterman flings his head back (I reckon he was hit in the neck and the fling of the head was all him), umpire sees the head flung back and pays the high.

They were both high, Jacks was much higher. Jacks wasn't paid as he doesn't accentuate contact. Waterman accentuates contact, umpire pays him a free. Is it as simple as this, we need to exaggerate contact more like every other team does?

Reactions: 2 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Didn’t jack push the contact high (very clumsily) himself? Trying to do a Selwood. This is prior opportunity and holding the ball. Im no TBR but when I saw it live I thought it was HTB but screamed out why the *smile* don’t you pay that against Selwood you *smile* dirty maggots or something like that.

Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
and funnily enough Dimma said what most on here have been saying despite consistent opposition to the thought pattern from TBR saying we are all into conspiracy theories.

The ones we concede are there and we probably have been in a position where we over infringe the AFL average and Dimma addressed this last night, BUT he also said we don't seem to get the ones we should get. Whether that means we need to dive more often who knows. Take the play that lead to the Vlastuin suspension. Jack clearly taken high in the forward line (Jack doesn't fling his head back), umpire pays a HTB free against him. Ball goes down the other end, marginally high (Jacks was worse) and Waterman flings his head back (I reckon he was hit in the neck and the fling of the head was all him), umpire sees the head flung back and pays the high.

They were both high, Jacks was much higher. Jacks wasn't paid as he doesn't accentuate contact. Waterman accentuates contact, umpire pays him a free. Is it as simple as this, we need to exaggerate contact more like every other team does?

The high tackle on Riewoldt was bleedingly obvious and should have been paid, players shouldn't have to fling their heads back to get the attention of the umpires, it is a testament to how useless the umpires are that flinging the head back is so common now - not only do they not see obvious high tackles but they get sucked in by players staging.

What a mess.

DS

Reactions: 1 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
I remember many years ago (not sure exactly when; maybe 90s?) there was a bloke named Brian Smith who coached Parramatta in the NRL. He dead set gave it to the refs with both barrels after most games. It was hilarious. Just did not hold back at all. I remember finding it quite bemusing, and amusing, as that just never happened in the AFL.
Yep. He gave rocket to the ref after most losses. Coached to 4 grand finals, lost all 4.

Letsroar

Tiger Superstar
May 19, 2014
I can remember when the AFL umpires boss was willing to admit to an error and say we will work to improve
That I can easily accept. umpires are human hence they make mistakes
Compare that to the current situation when even Anti Richmond commentators say the umpires were wrong not to hold up play for Prestia and Scott saying that is all good

Not hard to see which style of leadership is the most effective from a performance and perception perspective

Reactions: 2 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Skinny Rafa's gone from a 2 week ban to a $2500 fine. Blobbo's not happy......maybe coz he plays against his Bummers now?

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
I can remember when the AFL umpires boss was willing to admit to an error and say we will work to improve
That I can easily accept. umpires are human hence they make mistakes
Compare that to the current situation when even Anti Richmond commentators say the umpires were wrong not to hold up play for Prestia and Scott saying that is all good

Not hard to see which style of leadership is the most effective from a performance and perception perspective
They don’t really have a boss as such anymore. It was obviously all too hard, so they just lumped it in with whatever it is that Scott no 2 is meant to be doing.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Jack said Nick said he hit him on the shoulder....

Massimo gains Rising Star nominee of the week while Gibbo.......

Jetboy

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 6, 2010
Melbourne.....sometimes Broome
I’m actually really enjoying the “Kath and Blobbo” show......

I love Kath, but she has always had some fairly easy gigs ie: working with anyone other than Robbo., but now she is having to actually bite her tongue , take a deep breath, and work hard ha ha....

I thought Blobbo may hold back a bit , but no, he can’t help himself, hence he rambles on , asks ridiculous questions, and makes crazy statements that Kath has to deal with..... its obvious that she is thinking “WTF?”, and is probably thinking “Why did I agree to fill in for mince?”....
But to her credit, she is doing a great job and with her superior professionalism, graciously putting the blob into his place.........intriguing viewing

Reactions: 7 users

Dont Argue

Tiger Legend
Jun 26, 2018
They don’t really have a boss as such anymore. It was obviously all too hard, so they just lumped it in with whatever it is that Scott no 2 is meant to be doing.
Dan Richardson is Head Of Umpiring.
Continuing his reign of mediocrity.
Another Xavier boy with a job for life

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
He is a complete dud. Moved sideways by Benny to bring in Balme, sacked by the Bummers and won't last beyond this year as head of the umpires. Salty Scotty will throw him under a bus for sure. Leon Cameron will get the gig

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
This is very typical of what’s wrong. Remember when they used to have someone who actually knew how to do the job? Unlike Dan Richardson who is a serial failure.

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW

I love Kath, but she has always had some fairly easy gigs ie: working with anyone other than Robbo., but now she is having to actually bite her tongue , take a deep breath, and work hard ha ha....

I thought Blobbo may hold back a bit , but no, he can’t help himself, hence he rambles on , asks ridiculous questions, and makes crazy statements that Kath has to deal with..... its obvious that she is thinking “WTF?”, and is probably thinking “Why did I agree to fill in for mince?”....
But to her credit, she is doing a great job and with her superior professionalism, graciously putting the blob into his place.........intriguing viewing
Like the opening to the show Blobbo said something about them coming to blows and Kath has this look of bewilderment then gathers herself and runs down the list of guests too funny

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003

It's not hard to work out why Robbo is single is it, he couldn't win a....................................

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016

I am a big fan of Kath but can't stand Robbo or Whimpey. If we could replace both those flogs with Kath and Dunstall permanently I'd watch again.

Reactions: 5 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Robinson, talking about how Richmond blew it was so excited, he was as happy as a pig in sh!t, he even snorted. He fair dinkum ******* snorted.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user