AFL360 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

AFL360

SpaceAce

Tiger Superstar
Aug 19, 2007
Yeah, did you notice on the promo for the GF that was posted on the Granny thread they show mostly clips of GWS infield, whereas ours also has crowd shots? That’s because they can’t show fans who simply aren’t there.

Funny you should say that, all the vision of GeeWhizz players on these promos tend to be close up shots. Good observation.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
King continued the ‘jack out of form’ discussion tonight.

King is a moron - said the side the giants are bringing this weekend is the best they ever brought to the MCG. Where the hell has he pulled that from? Reckons last time we played they were far weaker side than this side!?! Didn’t they turn up in round 17 with Coniglio, Whitfield, Deledio, Davis all fit?

He and Maclure on board the giants this weekend.
King is generally wrong. Was all aboard the bulldogs. When they bowed out it was west coast. They got smashed and it was the lions. Is great at post game analysis, awful at anything involving predictions.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
King is generally wrong. Was all aboard the bulldogs. When they bowed out it was west coast. They got smashed and it was the lions. Is great at post game analysis, awful at anything involving predictions.
Think he’s tipped Essendon for the flag the last 2 years. Was proudly anti Geelong in 2007, refusing to admit they could even make the GF, let alone win it. I suspect he spent most of that years decider madly paddling up denile.

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006

Picked Richmond to win...in 2016.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Why does David king change the sound of his own voice?
He starts sentence’s like he has turned into Lind Blair.
He reckons this weeks GWS team is stronger from last time...

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Why does David king change the sound of his own voice?
He starts sentence’s like he has turned into Lind Blair.
He reckons this weeks GWS team is stronger from last time...

We’re not as good as last year.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Was happy for Grant Thomas to label the 2017 team the "worst group" to win a premiership. It didn't mean a thing and was almost like a badge of honour. Win a flag and you're untouchable for a week.

And that comes from a coach who's team couldn't get the job done in consecutive weeks of grand finals

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
Was happy for Grant Thomas to label the 2017 team the "worst group" to win a premiership. It didn't mean a thing and was almost like a badge of honour. Win a flag and you're untouchable for a week.

It was interesting listening to a Josh Jenkins interview earlier in the year. He spoke of the pain in losing that GF, firmly believing they were the better side. He mentioned that pain easing as we dominated 2018, because they were finally realising thet maybe the Tigers were the better side all along.

Reactions: 2 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
It was interesting listening to a Josh Jenkins interview earlier in the year. He spoke of the pain in losing that GF, firmly believing they were the better side. He mentioned that pain easing as we dominated 2018, because they were finally realising thet maybe the Tigers were the better side all along.

I've got no problem conceding that Adelaide were the better side for most of the year. But as we saw in 2018, it doesn't count for much.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
It's all a salutary reminder to our team and followers that, on Saturday, being the better, or best team all year, or in recent form, means absolutely nothing. A GF is a 2 horse race, and anything can happen.

Reactions: 5 users

Number8

Tiger Superstar
Oct 12, 2010
Melbourne
King is a moron - said the side the giants are bringing this weekend is the best they ever brought to the MCG. Where the hell has he pulled that from? Reckons last time we played they were far weaker side than this side!?! Didn’t they turn up in round 17 with Coniglio, Whitfield, Deledio, Davis all fit?

Here is the side the Giants brought to the MCG for the 2017 preliminary final:

Zac Williams, Phil Davis, Heath Shaw
Nick Haynes, Adam Tomlinson, Aidan Corr
Dylan Shiel, Stephen Coniglio, Lachie Whitfield
Toby Greene, Harrison Himmelberg, Callan Ward
Steve Johnson, Jonathon Patton, Brett Deledio
Rory Lobb, Jacob Hopper, Josh Kelly
Tom Scully, Tim Taranto, Nathan Wilson, Matt de Boer

Changes from that team to this Saturday's likely lineup:

Out: Shiel, Coniglio, Ward, Johnson, Patton, Deledio, Lobb, Scully and Wilson
In: Taylor, Finlayson, Keeffe, Perryman, Daniels, Cameron, Mumford, Reid, Kennedy

(Working on the assumption Bobby Hill and Daniel Lloyd will make way for Greene and Whitfield.)

Despite being two years' less experienced back then, I'd argue the 2017 side was significantly more talented than this Saturday's team is shaping up to be.

Reactions: 4 users

kiwitiger

Go the AllBlacks, the Storm , and the Tigers.
Jul 28, 2004
I worry they may be implementing a game plan now that might cause us more problems than 17,

That is the concern for me, but hopefully we punish them just like 17

• Sad

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
TO ME GWS LOOKED OUT OF LEGS BIG TIME, reminded me of the many sides that won close games by falling over the line,then got smacked in their next game ala pies in 1980 gf,eagles in 2017 against port in second semi, port in 2007 against geel gf,all sides just won ,then were out of legs early in their next game.

Reactions: 3 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
TO ME GWS LOOKED OUT OF LEGS BIG TIME, reminded me of the many sides that won close games by falling over the line,then got smacked in their next game ala pies in 1980 gf,eagles in 2017 against port in second semi, port in 2007 against geel gf,all sides just won ,then were out of legs early in their next game.

GWS has been running on the smell of an oily rag.
Mentally they've been digging deep and getting away with the last couple of games on self belief.
Do they have the strength to do it one last time?

Self Belief can be a very strong to take you to that next level.
Just wondering if they are physically and mentally exhausted.
Well find out soon

Got to given them credit.

Reactions: 7 users

IanG

Tiger Legend
Sep 27, 2004
Melbourne
And that comes from a coach who's team couldn't get the job done in consecutive weeks of grand finals

FWIW its worth Thomas regarded it as a compliement. He's said more than once even recently that we play the ultimate team game out of all the clubs.

Reactions: 1 users