Alex Rance | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Alex Rance

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Not worth risking him.
We need a another midfielder and genuine ruckman before we can challenge again.

Reactions: 1 user

casper68

Tiger Champion
Oct 20, 2004
dromana
If he is ruled as fit at anytime during this season, you would have to imagine that Alex would be selected in the team.

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
If he’s right to play and has done the ground work why is it any different to next season? With knees is there ever a fool proof time to return to the field?

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Gee I miss Tross the Boss. Needs to shave the beard as it's bad luck.
I think thats an old photo, I saw him on instagram or something the other day and he didnt have a beard, plus theres no strapping or anything on his knee.

Tails

Still Chasing Dreams
Mar 10, 2007
Sydney, Australia
I would back him in to return, I think he said Camplin did it in 16 weeks and that would put him around the first week of September. This could be just like Dusty resigning at the start of the finals in 2017. Manna from heaven!

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Can’t see Rance making the team unless he has at least 2 games of H&A prior.

Massive risk to bring him into a finals game without playing any AFL.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Can’t see Rance making the team unless he has at least 2 games of H&A prior.

Massive risk to bring him into a finals game without playing any AFL.

i heard on radio last night that Goldsack returned in 20 weeks and Rance reaches 15 weeks on thursday. He has started doing sprints at training. We have 8 rounds left. R21 will be 21 weeks. I'd like to see him play a half in the VFL. If he gets through OK, play a full game in the VFL in R22 with an eye to return to the senior team in R23.

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
There has to be a massive question mark over whether he would have confidence, agility and power, let alone match fitness, reflexes and decision-making, with such a rushed return.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
i heard on radio last night that Goldsack returned in 20 weeks and Rance reaches 15 weeks on thursday. He has started doing sprints at training. We have 8 rounds left. R21 will be 21 weeks. I'd like to see him play a half in the VFL. If he gets through OK, play a full game in the VFL in R22 with an eye to return to the senior team in R23.

I want the full fairy tale.

comes in for bellis (inj) after we beat Geelong in the prelim.

Wins the norms smith after keeping degoey possessionless.

then gets investigated by the AFL integrity department for taking a multi; Rance to win NS X degoey to go possessionless at 10000000-1

But they cant prove it, even though Alex rolls up to the JD medal in a black and yellow McLaren.

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I want the full fairy tale.

comes in for bellis (inj) after we beat Geelong in the prelim.

Wins the norms smith after keeping degoey possessionless.

then gets investigated by the AFL integrity department for taking a multi; Rance to win NS X degoey to go possessionless at 10000000-1

But they cant prove it, even though Alex rolls up to the JD medal in a black and yellow McLaren.

It was Rance's performance in the preliminary final that cost us.
He went on Degoey and he slapped him and then the 2nd qtr went onto Cox and he destroyed him.
No need to bring him back.

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
if Rance returns he replaces Broad.
no offence to Nate but he is the piggy in the middle at the moment. He's struggled at #2 key defender, as he doesnt have the muscle power to compete. He is best as #4 but we already have Floss and Grimes.
IMO that is why Balta has been demoted. If Rance doesnt make it back, its Balta.
We've seen that Garth is not ready/quick enough.
Balts needs to learn the defensive side of #2 back, essentially to play tighter. He has the skill to rebound, but we need him to play tall.
thats the likely scenario for this year

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
It's this simple, if a Dr is ready to stake his reputation that Rance has a reasonably high chance to make it thorugh this season with no greater risk than if he were to play next year, he plays.

If the medicos can't justify that the risk is the same as if they waited until 2020, then we don't put him out on the park.

You don't run a Bentleigh with non-genuine parts inside. They're either 100% or they're not.

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
He went on Degoey and he slapped him and then the 2nd qtr went onto Cox and he destroyed him.
Big call that, not sure I'd single him out but I agree there's no need to come back this year. Our backs as a group did not play well in the PF for various reasons including illness and injury. DeGoey was just too agile, too good and no one got in Cox's way. He knew Rance played off his back shoulder so he just half-turned around, pushed Rance in the chest so his weight was going backwards then timed his leading run and jump at the ball to perfection. Very hard for any defender to beat that tactic on his own. Don't think I've seen that done to Rance before but the lack of cohesion among all of them was evident. We know they can't wait to meet the Pies again.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Big call that, not sure I'd single him out but I agree there's no need to come back this year. Our backs as a group did not play well in the PF for various reasons including illness and injury. DeGoey was just too agile, too good and no one got in Cox's way. He knew Rance played off his back shoulder so he just half-turned around, pushed Rance in the chest so his weight was going backwards then timed his leading run and jump at the ball to perfection. Very hard for any defender to beat that tactic on his own. Don't think I've seen that done to Rance before but the lack of cohesion among all of them was evident. We know they can't wait to meet the Pies again.

Your correct, but Rance had been smashed prior to that preliminary final by Jenkins, Dixon and Darling.
It was the first time I’ve ever seen him go onto degoaty, but he was way too fast for him. Grimes should’ve been on him and mudguts Astbury should’ve stayed home if he was sick.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne

with or without Rance our backline always struggles against the big gorilla forwards. The solution is the supply. and we got destroyed out of the guts. Cox always keeps his best for us. its very frustrating.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
with or without Rance our backline always struggles against the big gorilla forwards. The solution is the supply. and we got destroyed out of the guts. Cox always keeps his best for us. its very frustrating.

cox has been back to embarrassing deplorable this year. His prelim was one of the great injustices of my lifetime.

Reactions: 3 users

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
I am just very uncomfortable with Rance potenially coming back this year. There is no way you are fully healed strength-wise and I just feel it's playing with fire. I'd much rather see him take the extra few months to get himself right with a strong pre-season and come back as strong as ever next year.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
cox has been back to embarrassing deplorable this year. His prelim was one of the great injustices of my lifetime.

Everything he did in that prelim he hasn't managed to exceed this year at all. Against us 11 marks this year max is 7, contested marks 8 this year 6, goals 3 this year 2, disposals 15 this year 13, 1%ers 7 this year 6. It was like the perfect storm. We were destined to lose that prelim final long before it was played.