Alex Rance | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Alex Rance

He's a loss no doubt. Rather him playing than not.
That said if he's not right, he's not right.
Can now focus on our campaign distraction free & he can focus on his rehab properly without rushing it.

Reactions: 2 users
I'm sure he will be doing everything he can behind the scenes to help his team mates win another premiership.

Reactions: 1 users
And presumably no nonsense about retirement or travel or whatever it was?

Last edited by a moderator:
When Dusty re-signed before the 2017 finals it seemed nothing could stop our momentum. But if Rance played and either got hurt or was torn a new one it could be demoralising.

It's all about the vibe, and for the next 8 weeks the MCG is our Mabo - even without Alex.

Reactions: 1 users
Rance has announced to his teammates that he will not be back this year and has set his sights on being right for 2020
Well done Rancey. Now Dimma doesn't have to keeping hearing the same bloody question over and over again.

Reactions: 1 user
Great news, best decision. Gives him enough time for the graft to toughen up so he can hopefully have a good pre-season. He'll still need to be careful up to 12 months post-operation.

It was always a crazy pipe dream. I never believed it for a moment.

Right decision made, move on, welcome back next year Tross.

Reactions: 3 users
Totally reasonable from Rancey.
But , Tigers make it into the Grand Final and one or two of the key defensive talls are unavailable. ?

No guarantees we will be there again.

Probably won't change his rehab and training schedule. At any rate it is the best way to stop the media nagging.