Alex Rance | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Alex Rance

Just can't understand why now?
A day after the GF yes,
But today not sure it helps the club.
Don't worry we have Carthwaite.
West coast to 1.50 favourites.
Healy will be happy the koksak..

Happy that Alex has done it his way but really annoyed re the timing. Cud have targeted some backs in the draft and pre draft etc. Maybe there is more to this as others have said. Why Now. weird timing.

Thank you Alex Rance, you made my life as an ardent Tiger Supporter/Member far far more enjoyable. Hoping the next chapter in your life unfolds the way you want it to for you and your family. And may your God be with you every step of the way..........

Reactions: 4 users
We can still pick up a player in the SSP.

If we win the 2020 premiership, we will have the $$$ to get another gun to the club for our 2021 premiership defence.

Will this *smile* up our season next year?
Hardwick would've had him in his plans for 2020.
What would Clarke be thinking??

The day was coming, but not so soon... thought he had a few more seasons in him... Thank you Alex.

Reactions: 1 users
Will this ** up our season next year?
Hardwick would've had him in his plans for 2020.
What would Clarke be thinking??

He was in our plans halfway through rd 1 this year, we recovered well from that.

Can we pick up another play now like the way we picked up Stack last year or do we have to 1 short into next season ?

Disappointing to see you go Alex but it is now the Richmond way to do whatever is in the best interests of the player and if that means seeing one of the best defenders ever walk before his time then so be it.

My fondest memory is watching Rance come from nowhere to spoil a certain Tex Walker mark early in the second quarter of the 2017 Grand Final. It was the decisive turning point of the match.

Reactions: 2 users
Happy that Alex has done it his way but really annoyed re the timing. Cud have targeted some backs in the draft and pre draft etc. Maybe there is more to this as others have said. Why Now. weird timing.

Was critical of Griffiths' timing, even while understanding the opportunity that presented given his history of concussions. Same standard needs to be applied here.

The feting of his career can come later. Unless the knee is no good, this isn't his finest hour.

Reactions: 7 users
He was in our plans halfway through rd 1 this year, we recovered well from that.

Can we pick up another play now like the way we picked up Stack last year or do we have to 1 short into next season ?

This decision rocks the club regardless what they say.
To decide to retire now leaves us one short.
Hardwick's planning for next year has just gone up in smoke.
Anyway you look at this is, it's a very selfish decision to make because it effects the club.

Was critical of Griffiths' timing, even while understanding the opportunity that presented given his history of concussions. Same standard needs to be applied here.

The feting of his career can come later. Unless the knee is no good, this isn't his finest hour.

Agree, I sense a sizeable ego at play here.

Of most interest to me is how we will utilise Grimes and Vlastuin to share the intercept load. We also need Balta up and running back there.

astbury one year older on those knees and Houli might slow a little.

We are a Grimes injury away from an issue or two down back.

Reactions: 4 users
He was training on Tuesday night.

That's what is baffling about it, all the media carry on with him trying to get back for the gf, then goes in for a cleanup & returns to training & is flying, next thing pulls the pin. All a bit strange.

Reactions: 1 users