Alex Rance | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Alex Rance

Just on Rance. Considering that he won AA, B&F and a flag.
When he had a bad game he had an ability to drag every teammate down too.
*The day cloke destroyed him after half time.
*The countless times Jenkins smashed him.
*Kennedy and Dixon didn't mind playing on him either
*The night the dud Hogan ripped him apart.
*The night Fasolo kicked 3 on him in 1 qtr 2016.
*The worse was the night whoever he went to, he got smashed (Preliminary final). First Degoey & then Cox. His first 40 minutes cost us any chance of back to back.
He was a good player for us but i always will remember him, Getting outmarked by Degoey in the goal square, to end our season in 2018

Just on Rance. Considering that he won AA, B&F and a flag.
When he had a bad game he had an ability to drag every teammate down too.
*The day cloke destroyed him after half time.
*The countless times Jenkins smashed him.
*Kennedy and Dixon didn't mind playing on him either
*The night the dud Hogan ripped him apart.
*The night Fasolo kicked 3 on him in 1 qtr 2016.
*The worse was the night whoever he went to, he got smashed (Preliminary final). First Degoey & then Cox. His first 40 minutes cost us any chance of back to back.
He was a good player for us but i always will remember him, Getting outmarked by Degoey in the goal square, to end our season in 2018
I'll always remember him a a champion Tiger.

And if he wants to get traded somewhere next year we should ask for a decent pick, not a bag of chips.

Reactions: 3 users
If there is a rift then it is amazing that it has stayed so quiet. These things always spread through AFL circles before the media and there hasn't been a word.
Certainly was a rift . Let’s say it was put to bed at pre season camp . Time to move on

Reactions: 1 users
That was part of it , yes

Hmmm, thanks Stig. Seems a bit arrogant to be out all year and expect to walk back into the side for finals/the GF whoever you are. Anyway, if he wants to play elsewhere good luck to him.

Reactions: 2 users
Hes past his best now physically age wise and hasn't played for two years post acl, he wont be the player he was at the RFC at any other club.

Time to move on sad end but an end nevertheless

Reactions: 1 user
Hes past his best now physically age wise and hasn't played for two years post acl, he wont be the player he was at the RFC at any other club.

Agree. No matter how Greek Godlike his physique was/is, two years out of the game tends to be almost impossible to come back from.

Don’t think you can draw that conclusion at all Doc.
Rance is a magnificent example of the confluence of improbable abilities and raw determination. Surely his playing career and his attempt to return last season is proof of that.
What is a greater concern in Brendan’s seeming ambivalence and the possibility that Religion apart that some other factor is at play here.
I want him back and the sooner the better. Covid has impacted us but no more or less than it has our opposition. Perfect circumstances for his return.
Get him back, get him back now!!

Reactions: 2 users
I'll always remember him a a champion Tiger.

And if he wants to get traded somewhere next year we should ask for a decent pick, not a bag of chips.

I can't remember the last Richmond trade to get us a top 10 or even a top 20 pick.
Wellingham got Collingwood Grundy.
Shaw trade got Collingwood Adams.
Beams got Collingwood Degoey/Crisp.

Bulter has been the most consitant of the Stkilda new recruits. He has been better then Hill and stkilda gave away 2 first rounders And we gave him away for a pick in the 70's. He is a premiership player.
Lloyd nothing again, hadn't missed a game at Footscray.
Conca virtually for free.
The list goes on.
Shultz for free unbelievable
Ellis we got nothing in a compo pick.

I change the way we trade
we need to start to play hard ball.
Try to get better deals or start forcing them into preseason Draft.
Enough is enough

Reactions: 4 users
I can't remember the last Richmond trade to get us a top 10 or even a top 20 pick.
Wellingham got Collingwood Grundy.
Shaw trade got Collingwood Adams.
Beams got Collingwood Degoey/Crisp.

Bulter has been the most consitant of the Stkilda new recruits. He has been better then Hill and stkilda gave away 2 first rounders And we gave him away for a pick in the 70's. He is a premiership player.
The list goes on.

Try to get better deals or start forcing them into preseason Draft.
Enough is enough

If you think we haven't done well on trades in the last three years you need help

• Haha
Certainly was a rift . Let’s say it was put to bed at pre season camp . Time to move on

Don't understand the point of telling us that if you're not going to go in to more detail. Causes more speculation.
Understand if you don't want to tell us, but maybe next time say nothing.

Happy for Stig to confirm the rift, I don't really care about the details.

The list goes on.

Spot on. The Butler and Lloyd trades, in particular, were dreadful.

These are blokes, it has been proved, who are best 22 elsewhere. That's how they should be valued.

I really hope we don't pay for this profligacy.

These guys could hardly get a game with us in their last seasons.

What did you expect in return?

Don't understand the point of telling us that if you're not going to go in to more detail. Causes more speculation.
Understand if you don't want to tell us, but maybe next time say nothing.
Well you can “ join the dots “ . Everyone knows there has been a fallout for a reason . You don’t walk out the door and don’t say goodbye . Move on !