angus graham playing like a cardboard cutout | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

angus graham playing like a cardboard cutout

Looked so slow, akward, he won a lot of hitouts but it's no use winning them when they don't go to advantage - simply bashing it forward doesn't work in modern day footy anymore. When Leigh Brown marked that goal in the square, Gus couldn't get near him to make any body contact at all, this dissapointed me most about his night.

Forget the hitouts, not many were to his midfields advantage. This against a poor ruckman.

Leysy will say it again. Is so soft for an AFL ruck, just goes to ground far too easily & gifts goals away every week.

Needs to go to Coburg. Permanently. Then delist.

Leysy Days said:
Forget the hitouts, not many were to his midfields advantage. This against a poor ruckman.

Leysy will say it again. Is so soft for an AFL ruck, just goes to ground far too easily & gifts goals away every week.

How is that the rucks fault, when you ruck the mids tell you where they want it, you put it there if you win....

If the mids don't get there thats the mids fault not the rucks fault.

It looked last night that the scums mids were readily gus better than ours were, this is actually the sign of a great midfield being able to read the movement of the opposition mids to see where the ball is going to come to, our boys will pick this up soon enuff

Still not a bad game for the big lad...... just kept on working, which is good to see.

Again, is one of these very mechanical/robotic looking types that seem to find a home at Tigerland.

Is the Robot from Lost in Space on our recruiting panel ? They move with similar agility I've noticed.

Is very limited in what he can offer at AFL level..................has he ever taken a contested mark in general play ?

I seriously don't recall one ............. and as far as his kicking style/prowess, lets NOT even go there.

jackfrost said:
Again, is one of these very mechanical/robotic looking types that seem to find a home at Tigerland.

Is the Robot from Lost in Space on our recruiting panel ? They move with similar agility I've noticed.

Is very limited in what he can offer at AFL level..................has he ever taken a contested mark in general play ?

I seriously don't recall one ............. and as far as his kicking style/prowess, lets NOT even go there.

Yeah it's funny he moves like a big marionette puppet.

He's better than Wood though.

jackfrost said:

You do watch Richmond games don't you........

Last year was very good around the ground and when played forward was taking contested marks and kicking goals.......

Not bad for C3PO :p

Angus tapped the ball down the throat of his teammates many times.

Unfortunately, the collingwood players repeatedly sharked the ball, stepping in front of their opponents and clearing the ball away.

Suprised at the accolades for him.

He's a horrible AFL ruckman. Has no influence on the game, cant mark, doesnt hold his ground, doesnt clear a path for his teammates & doesnt provide a reliable target for his defenders to kick to.

All things that good ruckmen do.

Leysy Days said:

Hallelujeh!

The amount of times he actually falls over in the contests or doesn't make the contest is staggering.

His effort to cover Brown in a marking contest in the square when we were dominating in the third was also deplorable.

His hitouts are usually counterintuitive and he usually compunds the fact by falling on or around the ball hindering rather than helping our midfield clearances.

Plus has hands of concrete (and not in a Carl Ditterch good way)

Thought he was pretty good last night and is better than I'd ever thought he'd become. He's only a youngster still as a ruck at 23. Give him a break!

Stats:

36 HO
14 Possessions
7 Marks
113 DT points

Not too shabby really.

I feel a bit sorry for Graham. He is taking a tremendous amount of workload in the ruck to the point where at times he didn't even have the energy to jump up for a ruck contest. We need to get Derrickx in as soon as possible to back him up. Browne ain't ready from what I have seen.

lamb22 said:
Plus fumbles and is ponderous and skills are atrocious.
I almost fell off the couch laughing when big Angus had to bend down and pick up the ball at one stage, almost fell over his own feet.

If he could take a contested overhead mark he would be half serviceable, but we continually kick to a contest where Gus is involved and the ball comes back faster than it went.

He works hard, no one questions that, but he can't kick and can't mark and for a ruckman that spells disaster.

Leysy Days said:
Suprised at the accolades for him.

He's a horrible AFL ruckman. Has no influence on the game, cant mark, doesnt hold his ground, doesnt clear a path for his teammates & doesnt provide a reliable target for his defenders to kick to.

All things that good ruckmen do.

Agree with all of this.

I think Graham plays a big part in our slow starts. Usually takes half a game to warm up and not surprisingly the opposition midfield is well on top while big Angus tries to find his feet, literally in some instances. I cannot believe how often he falls over just running in to contest the ruck.

Surely Browne cannot be any worse?

Was the best ruckman on the night got his hand on the ball first.
What i would like to see is our rucks punch the ball forward was and a while.
Just dropping it at your feet all the time just gives me the *smile*.