Anyone signed up to Kayo new sports online streaming service? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Anyone signed up to Kayo new sports online streaming service?

I’d be happy to switch to foxtel, but Kayo streams are about 6-10 seconds behind foxtel cable. I couldn’t handle getting texts from friends about things that haven’t happened on my stream yet.

Having that privilege costs me a bit though
Mate.... we're in lockdown ...... I'm sure I heard Dan say today "No friends allowed!"

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
I’d be happy to switch to foxtel, but Kayo streams are about 6-10 seconds behind foxtel cable. I couldn’t handle getting texts from friends about things that haven’t happened on my stream yet.

Having that privilege costs me a bit though
That happens to me and I use foxtel.

I’ve just extended for 6 months with Foxtel after my “deal” expired
Was paying $39pm incl sports and HD and the IQ box but no movies or HBO type stuff
They wanted to increase it to $68 bUt settled for $61pm for the next 6 months but then it’d go to $74 but they added HBO channels
It is a rip-off at those prices when all I really want if the footy and cricket with no ads - $39 was bearable
Having the IQ box is handy but most of their other channels are unwatchable with so many ads
it is convenient to record stuff such as the footy

Pardon my ignorance but does Kayo always involve streaming or can you record and rewatch from your device
e.g. If you wanted to rewatch a game multiple times.

Yes mate, I was aware of that. They appear to be breaking off portions of it every so often ie Kayo and now Binge for streaming. No doubt Rupert and Lachie have got some cunning plan to shaft us another way!

They have no choice. Traditional Foxtel high pricing strategy can no longer be sustained. Separating the sports into its own entity is a good move.

I’ve just extended for 6 months with Foxtel after my “deal” expired
Was paying $39pm incl sports and HD and the IQ box but no movies or HBO type stuff
They wanted to increase it to $68 bUt settled for $61pm for the next 6 months but then it’d go to $74 but they added HBO channels
It is a rip-off at those prices when all I really want if the footy and cricket with no ads - $39 was bearable
Having the IQ box is handy but most of their other channels are unwatchable with so many ads
it is convenient to record stuff such as the footy

Pardon my ignorance but does Kayo always involve streaming or can you record and rewatch from your device

You don't need to record, every game is available to watch on replay. It really is quite a good service (that I'd happily pay for if it wasn't giving Murdoch money).

There's no downloading of streamable content available but you can watch old games any time you want. If a game is currently streaming you can always use a PC recording tool to capture it for watching later on.

I’ve trialed Kayo and liked it but was to much $ and opted for the AFL pass which is about 100 a year. Though no streaming to a TV and nothing larger than an iPhone screen on an iPad is allowed but it does the job when my wife watches Downton Abbey.

I’ve trialed Kayo and liked it but was to much $ and opted for the AFL pass which is about 100 a year. Though no streaming to a TV and nothing larger than an iPhone screen on an iPad is allowed but it does the job when my wife watches Downton Abbey.

I had heaps of problems with AFL Pass when I tried it last year and frankly watching on an iPhone size screen doesn't work for me. I also found their convoluted menu structure to access it very confusing, Why not go the 3 month free trial?

I had heaps of problems with AFL Pass when I tried it last year and frankly watching on an iPhone size screen doesn't work for me. I also found their convoluted menu structure to access it very confusing, Why not go the 3 month free trial?
At the time Kayo, was a weeks trial.

I got rid of Foxtel when the nbn was connected. Bought an Apple TV, shared Netflix , Kayo, Spotify and Stan accounts with the family and downloaded the apps for the free to air channels from the apps store. The Apple TV was $203, I think and my share of the subscriptions $24 a month. Not complaining.

I also signed up for a 12 month free subscription to Apple+, but the content seems to be pretty thin and won't be worth the subscription fee when my free time runs out.

I got rid of Foxtel when the nbn was connected. Bought an Apple TV, shared Netflix , Kayo, Spotify and Stan accounts with the family and downloaded the apps for the free to air channels from the apps store. The Apple TV was $203, I think and my share of the subscriptions $24 a month. Not complaining.

I also signed up for a 12 month free subscription to Apple+, but the content seems to be pretty thin and won't be worth the subscription fee when my free time runs out.

If you sign up to BetEasy they have a link that gets you a three month free trial of Kayo. Works a treat.

Use a different email and mobile phone nbr, sign up to beteasy (no gambling required) and join for 3 months free.

Extremely surprised they haven't cut this promotion off. I've been using it for 18 months.

Can a non-Murdoch entity company please bring in a similar service and I'll happily pay?

Anyone else watching the footy on Kayo and can tell me if this is normal that they're are streaming the Ch7 feed instead of the Foxfooty one?
Starting to remember how many *smile* ads they have unfortunately?

Anyone else watching the footy on Kayo and can tell me if this is normal that they're are streaming the Ch7 feed instead of the Foxfooty one?
Starting to remember how many *smile* ads they have unfortunately?

yeah they did that last night so I saved my data and watched on free to air.

I won’t renew if they keep doing that as I wanted to pay for add free footy so at the moment it’s a bit of a rip off imo

yeah they did that last night so I saved my data and watched on free to air.

I won’t renew if they keep doing that as I wanted to pay for add free footy so at the moment it’s a bit of a rip off imo
Yeah I can't figure it out either since Fox own it. Something NQR!

Gotta bit of info @year of the tiger.... just asked them the question and actually got a reply! Apparently anything that's produced by 7 they're contractually obligated to broadcast their feed.
Didn’t see that in the fine print!