Anyone signed up to Kayo new sports online streaming service? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Anyone signed up to Kayo new sports online streaming service?

MalenyTiger

Tiger Superstar
Jan 27, 2005
I tried the 14 day trial but didn't continue as my internet speeds were too slow and there was too much buffering. Would be ideal if you had good internet (but does this exist outside of our cities in this country?)

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
Thinking about dispensing of Foxtel entirely and just getting this.

WatchAFL is hard to setup on Apple TV (by putting a VPN on the router...)

YinnarTiger

Tiger Legend
May 2, 2007
Gippsland
MalenyTiger said:
I tried the 14 day trial but didn't continue as my internet speeds were too slow and there was too much buffering. Would be ideal if you had good internet (but does this exist outside of our cities in this country?)
Same thing with me.

RichoMan28

#GoTiges
Mar 21, 2010
I tried on my laptop during the BBL, got rid of it due to buffering. Downloaded the app on my smart TV and it’s a million times better now.

E

easy_tiger

thanks fellas. my internet (satellite, 70,000km round trip) won't support I'd say.

Ill stick with the wireless

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
Tiger Tuff. said:
I tried on my laptop during the BBL, got rid of it due to buffering. Downloaded the app on my smart TV and it’s a million times better now.
Hey TT. I’ve got an Android smart TV but can’t find the Kayo App in the Google Play Store.
Any advice on downloading the app?
Thanks mate

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
MalenyTiger said:

Good internet doesn't even exist in the cities MT. Unfortunately the imbeciles who signed off on the rubbish system we've Been fobbed off with, are being rewarded with massive superannuation benefits & Directorships with some large corporations.
Meanwhile the rest of us are left with a 3rd rate internet system, which will needs a massive amount of $ spent on it to bring it up a satisfactory level.

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
If you use Kodi or Smart TV app and have a wired ethernet connection I reckon almost any internet will be fine.

The problems are usually from wireless streaming via wireless and your phone in my experience.

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
Does anyone else experience severe stream quality reduction and signal drop out in big tigers games? I recon we crash the servers. Yes I know I could resolve the problem by just getting a Tele but I stubbornly refuse (and it’s a complex exercise remote as I also need a satellite dish installed an telstra doesn’t acknowledge my address so I am on mobile ‘broadband’ only)

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Finally entered the 21st century and connected the NBN during the week. Just signed on for Kayo and using it to watch the footy for the first time.
Cya later Foxtel and the overpriced junk you serve up! .... so far so good!

Reactions: 1 user

sconies

Tiger Rookie
Aug 22, 2019
welp.
I've mentioned this before, but if you'd like to watch all games for free:

Fun fact: if you sign up to BetEasy (no need to place a bet), they'll give you a 3-month Kayo trial (no need to put in credit card details in case you forget to opt out). I've been doing that for two years now.

I refuse to pay for anything Murdoch related. If the content was available on any other platform/provider I'd happily pay, however. Nice way to watch non-FTA games.

Tigertool

Tiger Legend
Mar 10, 2008
I’d be happy to switch to foxtel, but Kayo streams are about 6-10 seconds behind foxtel cable. I couldn’t handle getting texts from friends about things that haven’t happened on my stream yet.

Having that privilege costs me a bit though

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Finally entered the 21st century and connected the NBN during the week. Just signed on for Kayo and using it to watch the footy for the first time.
Cya later Foxtel and the overpriced junk you serve up! .... so far so good!

Love Kayo. Only channels I watched on fox were sports and sky news. Now can stream sky news on kayo and can watch whatever sport whenever you want, so that plus netflix/stan and foxtel is way redundant

Reactions: 1 users

sconies

Tiger Rookie
Aug 22, 2019
welp.
Love Kayo. Only channels I watched on fox were sports and sky news. Now can stream sky news on kayo and can watch whatever sport whenever you want, so that plus netflix/stan and foxtel is way redundant

Why on earth would you want to watch Sky News?

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Yes mate, I was aware of that. They appear to be breaking off portions of it every so often ie Kayo and now Binge for streaming. No doubt Rupert and Lachie have got some cunning plan to shaft us another way!
I reckon Kayo is pretty good value. Foxtel wasn't terrible back in the days before Netflix etc. Quite exciting initially to have so many channels to choose from, but they become humdrum after a while.
I’d be happy to switch to foxtel, but Kayo streams are about 6-10 seconds behind foxtel cable. I couldn’t handle getting texts from friends about things that haven’t happened on my stream yet.

Having that privilege costs me a bit though
It's pot luck how much delay there is in your stream. I have three TVs and three Apple TVs (with Kayo) in the house... sometimes if I'm busy around the house I'll have all three on at the same time (sorry greenies). Bit disconcerting to go from one room to the next and hear the commentators repeat a sentence.

If you're aware of a big lag, you can always drop out of the stream and go back in and hope you get one that's more "up to date".