Anyone signed up to Kayo new sports online streaming service? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Anyone signed up to Kayo new sports online streaming service?

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Minor bug bear with Kayo is not being able to watch a stream from the place you last watched.
It always reverts to the start & you have to spool manually to where you last watched a show or game & it's never accurate. Also very hard to rewind/fast forward on certain devices.
The timeline could definitely be improved in that regard. I expect it will in time but it's a bit of a pain atm.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
evo said:
I'm really loving Kayo sports. Cancelled Foxsports and will never look back.

You have every sport you could ever want on demand. Plus all the fox sports channel. Any footy show and any game on replay whenever you feel like watching it, and all in 1080p. $25/ month.

You do have to do a little work to get it going ideally though. Chromecast from your phone is not optimal.

These best way to do it if you dont already have an Android smart tv( like a Sony) is to buy an Android Box. If money is no object just buy a Nividia Shield from *smile* Smith, they are $269. If you want to save a bit of money you can get a good quality Android player for around $100 from ebay. Android Boxes are amazing these days, theres that many apps for it, it's crazy. For example you can turn your box into a retro gaming console and pretty much play every game in the history of gaming free.

Once you've got an Android Boxt load in the Kayo App just like you get apps for your phone.

However a better way to do it, is to load an App called Kodi, then run a Kayo add on that a guy over at Whirlpool wrote for it. Gives you great fliexibility. I can provide the how-to link if anyone is interested.
Lost me at *smile* Smith, thought they went belly up a few years ago.
Bloody androids n apps n nividia, WTF! I'm still trying to get over the fact that t.v. comes in colour. Slow bloody down a bit I can't keep up.

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
spook said:
Yes, please, evo.

https://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2788029

https://www.matthuisman.nz/2019/03/kayo-sports-kodi-add-on.html

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Just signed up to watch todays game.

Watching college corn hole championship now until 4.30.

The range of sports is amazing.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
He sold out of it long ago, they just used his name. What has he done to upset you?
Made his mega millions by selling imported electronic stuff, then sold his brand off n started finger pointing n ranting at everyone to buy Australian. Keeps sticking his head up pretending to be the saviour of everything Australian.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
TigerMasochist said:
Made his mega millions by selling imported electronic stuff, then sold his brand off n started finger pointing n ranting at everyone to buy Australian. Keeps sticking his head up pretending to be the saviour of everything Australian.

Not sure local manufacturing was ever competitive with Asia in electronics.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
The stream can lag real time by quite a bit when Kayo is started up. Bit distracting reading comments on PRE about a goal when Kayo shows the player yet to kick. Bit of trial and error by closing and re-opening Kayo can fix it, but it's pot luck.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
He sold out of it long ago, they just used his name. What has he done to upset you?
https://www.smh.com.au/business/consumer-affairs/ozemite-wins-battle-of-the-patriotic-spreads-20160813-gqrsxv.html

Elise Ramsey is a friend of mine.

Why would you be reading PRE comments while watching the game? I'd find that too distracting, lag or no.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
spook said:
https://www.smh.com.au/business/consumer-affairs/ozemite-wins-battle-of-the-patriotic-spreads-20160813-gqrsxv.html

Elise Ramsey is a friend of mine.

Yeah, fair enough. I guess *smile* Smith was legally in the right, but it wouldn't have killed him to use another name.

spook said:
Fair enough. I just swear.

Swearing on the iPad is kinda therapeutic.

E

easy_tiger

Thinking about giving the 14 day free trial a crack

anyone know if I can watch on my Mac desktop ?

caspar

We won!!!!!
Jun 8, 2006
Melbourne
I tried last weekend but unsubscribed before the end of the game. Too much buffering. Got totally stuck at one point. Issue may have been our end, but don't usually have trouble watching, say, the vfl streams.
Plus we were playing *smile*, and I wasn't in a mood for second chances. :)