Anyone signed up to Kayo new sports online streaming service? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Anyone signed up to Kayo new sports online streaming service?

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
is the telecast delayed by 30-60 seconds? It says live but i doubt it.
I watching the last Q of Collingwood vs Port on Kayo on my phone and my wife turn on the TV and i could see the same game but about a 1 minute ahead.
I checked the buffering to make sure i didn't have the game delayed, but it was fine.

On the evidence I have, the 'live' games are definitely slightly delayed.

I was watching a 'live'' EFL League One play-off game the other night which was really good viewing.

However, I made the mistake of checking the mobile to see how the other games in the play-offs were going, and stuff me if I didn't time it to perfection and see that another goal had been scored in the game I was watching. However, I would estimate it was a good 4-5 minutes behind being live.

Doesn't really worry me, it is close enough to being live to be OK, I just will not make that mistake again.

Cricket will be a different matter though. I am one of those who likes to watch on the TV with the radio going in the background.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
On the evidence I have, the 'live' games are definitely slightly delayed.
The streams are not all concurrent. I often have two, occasionally even three TVs on the same Kayo program and walk into a room and hear the same audio that I heard a few seconds earlier in a different room.

Sometimes if you open the stream during the preamble, it gives you no 'live' option, only 'from start'. So you might be five minutes behind and that will flow on into the game - you could be looking at the stats on another screen and wondering why they're not updating, then find it's actually half time while your stream is still showing the final minutes before half time.

If you think your stream is significantly behind real time, jump out, cross your fingers and re-open it.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
It’s *smile*, pure and simple. I’ve done the same and if you read reviews a lot of people have trouble. I cast using either chromecast or Apple TV and the Apple TV casting is horrendous. I don’t think there’s anything you can do. And yeah, why there’s no app for smart TVs is odd.
There is an app, it works on smart TV's that are '17 or newer

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Wow! i was under the impression it worked on all of them
Different brands have different operating systems. Android on Sony, Panasonic and Chinese cheapies. LG has a WebOS, the faild Palm Pilot OS. Samsung had Tizen, their own OS that they also use in their smart watches.

Not all Smart TV's are the same.

Reactions: 1 user

Ralphie

Tiger Rookie
Dec 6, 2015
Ive been using it with the telstra tv box on my 5 year old sony bravia and it works fine 98% of the time, i got the $5 per month deal

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Anyone else having issues ATM?
Being asked to enter a one time activation code then receiving msg were receiving too many requests

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Being asked to enter a one time activation code then receiving msg were receiving too many requests
Yep, similar, tells me there’s too many trying to log in, seems it’s *smile* itself.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
I’m having issues with the streaming of Foxtel - shows the same golf footage in the channel for the Suns game and nothing for the WC game
Similar problem?

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Yep, similar, tells me there’s too many trying to log in, seems it’s *smile* itself.

Same - just tried to automatic login and it wants me to login through streamotion and I can’t get in - is it hacked Or are they sick of Telstra customers getting a subsidised amount cause it ant worth $24 per month otherwise.

Typical - it better be fixed by tomorrow 2.10pm

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Not getting my money, Telstra right now is still very very lucky to be getting it after stitching its customers up.

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Emailed customer support to report issue
better be fixed by 2pm tomorrow
Many tweeting about it under #Foxtel

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I’m having issues with the streaming of Foxtel - shows the same golf footage in the channel for the Suns game and nothing for the WC game
Similar problem?

Same here. Moved house yesterday, foxtel was working through my IQ when I transferred over, then magically stopped working about 2 hours later, rang back up and they said I need a technician because of my signal (even though I said it was working, the guy was in some Indian call centre and I guess it wasn't on his sheet). My guess is someone pressed the wrong button on moving as all of my recordings in the library (including the 2019 and 2020 premierships) have all disappeared, there was me thinking it would just plug in and they swap the address!!

Anyway, trying to use Foxtel Go and getting the same as you. I can't watch any live tv at all on the foxtel go app. At least I know its not something I've done, but worried about the game tomorrow as want to watch it obviously.

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Same here. Moved house yesterday, foxtel was working through my IQ when I transferred over, then magically stopped working about 2 hours later, rang back up and they said I need a technician because of my signal (even though I said it was working, the guy was in some Indian call centre and I guess it wasn't on his sheet). My guess is someone pressed the wrong button on moving as all of my recordings in the library (including the 2019 and 2020 premierships) have all disappeared, there was me thinking it would just plug in and they swap the address!!

Anyway, trying to use Foxtel Go and getting the same as you. I can't watch any live tv at all on the foxtel go app. At least I know its not something I've done, but worried about the game tomorrow as want to watch it obviously.
Don’t think you need a technician Problem is across the board Foxtel Kayo Sports
many with same issues tweeting about it

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Don’t think you need a technician Problem is across the board Foxtel Kayo Sports
many with same issues tweeting about it

Apparantly need the technician for the IQ4 as I can't access any foxtel channels through my IQ (I could when they 1st transferred over but then something changed).

Looks like the Kayo / Foxtel Go issues are across the board so hopefully fixed tomorrow.