Anzac Eve - Changes vs Melbourne | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Anzac Eve - Changes vs Melbourne

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Repeated.
I am glad you are amused.

The team selections this week are nothing but baffling.

I understand Naismith to help with Gawn. But Ryan was the logical in for Kosi. Lever and May will have a field day.

Then we drop arguably our two most talented young players.

How does Dow’s 12 possessions each week escape scrutiny?

Farcical.

Reactions: 2 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Banks has been given a wake up message so hopefully he responds with intensity. Sonsie getting that message now.
He needs to be given a shot at it

Plays round 1 and was ok, gets dropped but no vfl, plays against port was ok again, is sub against the swans and does really well when he came on in the last. Gets dropped again, no vfl.

He had a quiet first half last weekend and a very good 2nd half, against Werribee

I’m not comparing him with anyone but we need to see what he can do with a decent block of games. I would make McIntosh sub and play Banks on a wing.

I get the McAuliffe call by many but he isn’t out because of Banks, he has made way for Hopper. The call there was between him and Dow imo.

I think he has something, he can kick for one thing. Needs to get involved more but he also needs continuity, he has played 3 full games the whole season.

Reactions: 3 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
The only good thing about those changes is Kositscke out. He is dead set no good.

McAuliffe out before Dow? Come on man!

Hugo still in? Come on man!

Banks in? Come on man!

This could get real ugly.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
I am glad you are amused.

The team selections this week are nothing but baffling.

I understand Naismith to help with Gawn. But Ryan was the logical in for Kosi. Lever and May will have a field day.

Then we drop arguably our two most talented young players.

How does Dow’s 12 possessions each week escape scrutiny?

Farcical.
There is no farce. Let the coach cook.

Thats the problem, people think we have the second coming and we just don’t.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Plenty of wingers named, Banks, Hugo, Marlion and KMac.
We got smashed in the midfield against the Eagles, match committee mustn't have seen it that way. Would've preferred Kano, kept his spot for Banks.

tired'lilah

Tiger Cub
Oct 23, 2023
I find it strange when Young, who has a below par start to the season, is shown on the team sheet as a start up defender and Miller is only on the interchange when he has proven to be the better defender all season. Still I am probably reading something in this that is not there
I've got a worry they're gonna try to play miller as a swingman despite him clearly doing his best work down back

Reactions: 1 user

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Gotta say very strange selections.

Get the Naismith call. It's a specific match-up to best handle Max. He played well in the scratchie on him.

Don't understand the backline at all. Looks way too slow.

Young, Miller, Grimes as key backs. Broad, Vlastuin, Brown as medium talls and Rioli as the one runner. Suspect he is going to get very close attention.

This against a Melbourne team that has Petty as the key tall, supported by mediums Fritch (188cm) Van Rooyen (193cm) surrounded by a heap of hard running smalls like Pickett, Chandler, Neal-Bullen,

Maybe they are going to swing Miller or someone else forward.

On both form and match-ups, would have dropped Young for Grimes - 100%.

The faith in Dow in particular when he is routinely torched by bigger better opponents is also bewildering.

Anyway, hopefully they are pulling the right reign. Not confident though.

Reactions: 11 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
It would be interesting to see the stats on who he played on before last weeks mare and how many goals they kicked.
They had some stats on him a couple of weeks ago n sad to say, he's been getting hammered most weeks. been losing a lot of one on one contests.

Reactions: 1 user

Jason King

Forever the GOAT
Jul 19, 2007
Adelaide, South Australia
Im all in on the "McAuliffe is the next Harley Reid" train, but he didn't do himself any favours last game. Just needed to do a bit more.

Might be a bit of a protection aspect to this. Melbourne have big bodies.

Feb 25, 2007
I would've liked to have seen Ryan in, he couldn't do any worse than cricket bat arms KOSI

I like Naismith but who's going to play tall forward? It's ultra-small. Unless they have a plan to lower the eyes and hit up inside 50 leads. Maybe Miller plays forward
(I prefer him back) hence Naismith rotating ruck and Ryan left out.

If they have a plan to play Miller forward I would not be at all surprised if Macca plays back which he has done before.

Reactions: 1 users
Feb 25, 2007

Rob Innes is doing his job keeping the Swans players on the ground. Or are they just damn lucky with non-injuries ;)

Stark numbers tell the tale of Tigers’ availability

After the quarter-way mark of the season, Richmond has used the same number of players as the entire 2023 season.
By Tony Greenberg, Richmond Media

Richmond’s current injury plight is highlighted through a look at how many players each AFL club has used so far this season.
After six games (the quarter-way mark), the Tigers have had 36 players make an appearance at senior level.
That is the same number they used for the entire 2023 season, and it is four ahead of the club with the next most, which is Gold Coast, 32.
In comparison, Sydney sits at the foot of this list with just 26 players.

To further underline Richmond’s spate of injuries, it has had only eight players who have appeared in every game to this stage of the season – Nick Vlastuin, Daniel Rioli, Shai Bolton, Jayden Short (he’s now been sidelined with a calf injury), Marlion Pickett, Seth Campbell, Thomson Dow and Kamdyn McIntosh.
Compare that to the Swans with a competition-high 19 who have played every game.
Number of players used by each club at the quarter-way mark of season 2024 . . .

36 – Richmond
32 – Gold Coast
31 – North Melbourne
30 – Adelaide, Carlton, Geelong, Hawthorn, Melbourne, West Coast, Western Bulldogs
29 – Essendon, Fremantle, St Kilda
28 – Brisbane, Port Adelaide
27 – Collingwood, Greater Western Sydney
26 – Sydney

Number of players at each club who have played every game so far this season . . .
19 – Sydney
18 – Greater Western Sydney
17 – Brisbane, Fremantle, Melbourne, St Kilda, West Coast
16 – Collingwood, Hawthorn, Port Adelaide
15 – Carlton, Gold Coast, Western Bulldogs
14 – Geelong, North Melbourne
13 – Adelaide
12 – Essendon
8 – Richmond
https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/1531748/game-day-hub-round-7-2024

Reactions: 4 users

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Either
a) someone within the MC is trying to sabotage Yze
b) we are tanking
c) Yze has already lost the plot

Banks in for what/who?
Macauliffe out while Dow does what?
Our fwd line is depleted and Kosi just got dropped yet Cumbo still no show
If precise kicking is our new thing why isn't Coulthard given a show

Dow against Petracca should be fun to watch

Selections of late are really mindboggling. I get the cupboard is pretty thin due to injuries but some of the calls defy logic

Perhaps we realised after West Coasts sudden resurgence we are a real chance for no 1 pick
It’s the same BS selections we saw under previous coaches certain players gifted games
IMO Livingstone has a lot of say in team selection

Reactions: 5 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
It’s the same BS selections we saw under previous coaches certain players gifted games
100% there's way tooo many similarities.
No Cumberland
Persistent non performers rewarded with games.

Reactions: 3 users

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Maybe Livo needs to be looked at?

Bahaha! Get off the weed lads.

The senior coach does and always will have the overriding say on team selection.

Is he even on the match committee?

If you don't like selection fair enough, but put it on the right person/people.

Livo is a gun football administrator/leader who hopefully won't be going anywhere.

Reactions: 7 users