Are We Going To Turn On Our Team or Circle The Wagons in the Face of External Vitriol and Attack?? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Are We Going To Turn On Our Team or Circle The Wagons in the Face of External Vitriol and Attack??

Nank back this week. We have to win it out of the middle. Over the next couple weeks we need Prestia and Lambert back and firing. Broad and Balta will need to be back a week before finals but not sure that’s going to happen.
Selection this week is massive. We need something different, a spark, maybe Stack,Parker and Maurice. Those 3 could be electric.
Bolton and Dusty turning it in on at the “G”wouldn’t hurt either.

Talk of winning finals against good teams seems odd when we couldn't even beat saints or gold coast.
2 wins against the top 8. Missing many of our most significant players. Some may not be back at all this year. Some problematic to be fit enough even if they do come back. A challenge to win the required games to make the 8. Young players not filling the breach. A very different set of circumstances to previous campaigns.
If Balta/Broad do not get back we have little hope. Astbury is cooked. The new rules help key forwards. Hard to see how we hold the Cats/Lions key forwards with an Astbury/Grimes KD combo.

Previous years we've managed to arrive at the business end in good shape injury wise. With the double-chance. With a game plan that no one could counter. Some coke-bottle thick rose coloured glasses needed to see a flag this year.

Worst thing is there is no stand out side, the 3 peat was on with even injury luck.

Reactions: 1 users
2 wins against the top 8. Missing many of our most significant players. Some may not be back at all this year. Some problematic to be fit enough even if they do come back. A challenge to win the required games to make the 8. Young players not filling the breach. A very different set of circumstances to previous campaigns.
If Balta/Broad do not get back we have little hope. Astbury is cooked. The new rules help key forwards. Hard to see how we hold the Cats/Lions key forwards with an Astbury/Grimes KD combo.

Previous years we've managed to arrive at the business end in good shape injury wise. With the double-chance. With a game plan that no one could counter. Some coke-bottle thick rose coloured glasses needed to see a flag this year.

Worst thing is there is no stand out side, the 3 peat was on with even injury luck.

You’re as boring as JB at the moment, but that is hardly surprising.

Here’s the thing: it’s easy to make lists of things that aren’t working.

We’ve already worked out the midfield is an issue

But when you win 3 flags in 4 years you get the benefit of the doubt until we mathematically can’t make the 8.

Stop whinging

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
You’re as boring as JB at the moment, but that is hardly surprising.
I'd be more upbeat if you weren't so bullish. You're success rate is on par with Kingsights.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Well said MDJazzhands.

Look I'm a Brightsider and was on the Dimma bandwagon forever because I saw improvement year on year with 2016 the outlier.
Think back to when we had the first five key rotation mids out, I said we couldn't win and we didn't. There was bizarre strategizing on here about loading up on half back and "slingshotting" over the midfield whatever the hell that meant. Didn't happen of course. Injuries and age are a big part of our decline, but there are other factors too.

We are 90% out of it but I'm still hanging on to that 10% - IF we can beat the likes of Collingwood then we can sneak into the 8, IF Balta/Houli etc come back then maybe we can do some damage in the finals again. A fit Nankervis back could make a big difference, Prestia too. So we are not gone for this season yet but pretty close to it.

Against that, the coaches are a rabble right now. The losses of the key assistants has exposed Dimma again. The game plan is neither here nor there, mostly in the bin. Cotchin is looking more cooked now than Houli ever did.

I still have hope but things have to change quickly now, starting this Sunday.

Here’s the thing: it’s easy to make lists of things that aren’t working.

But when you win 3 flags in 4 years you get the benefit of the doubt until we mathematically can’t make the 8.
Gee Carts have you gone all out flower sniffing? I'm happy to eat crow, humble pie, or any other dish if we manage to get close to the last day in September/October/November. On all current evidence it aint happening. We is broke.

Gee Carts have you gone all out flower sniffing? I'm happy to eat crow, humble pie, or any other dish if we manage to get close to the last day in September/October/November. On all current evidence it aint happening. We is broke.

All I’m saying is how good would it be if we scraped in, then launched?

People are acting like it’s 2016 again, nodding sagely. That’s not hard to do. It doesn’t call for any expertise. Blind Freddie can see we’re struggling.

I’m calling them out for that, the miserable sods

• Haha

People are acting like it’s 2016 again, nodding sagely. That’s not hard to do. It doesn’t call for any expertise. Blind Freddie can see we’re struggling.

It's completely different to 2016 dude. Not one person here has compared it to 2016 that I can recall.

Not only would it be a miracle. It would be the best of them all. So many anti-Richmond soiled nappies to change. The vitriol would be at a level never before seen. For that alone the hope and dream is worthwhile clinging to. The spite, the hatred, the inquests, from all and sundry. What would be the excuse? Free kicks, favourable draw, home ground advantage, COVID, injuries, rule changes, cheating, Tom Lynch. But damn the miserable sods, I think they are right.

Yep, circle the wagons and wait for the cavalry to come, it's coming, it's on the horizon.
The cavalry is Nank........we alll know what Nank does. Caddy play forward and belt anyone that gets in his way. Stack and Mansell down back and do the same as Caddy.
Parker and Marlion on the wings, with the same brief as Nank, Caddy, Stack and Mansell.
While it still hurts, I can handle losing if we put up a fight. We haven't been hard enough, we are being out hunted.

It's time to bring back the biff !!

CARN THE TIGES !!!!

Reactions: 2 users
Lol, the usual brigade providing reportage of the obvious without providing a lick of interesting analysis.

Anyone who cares about “track records” on a footy fan forum is a read set loser.

All that matters to me is that we are a chance to launch 7-8 week campaign to seal a three-peat.

Maybe the players know how difficult high pressure is with the stand rule? Along with persistent injuries and patchy form?

Maybe there is an unspoken expectation that we’ll launch our run later than usual?

High pressure football is all-in. The beauty of it is it is entirely controllable by us.

There’s nothing in that injury column that makes me think we can’t do it again this year. A mini-season of chaos due to necessity.

And when we win this week against Collingwood to create the first spark, MD Jazz and JB will nod and say they “still had hope”.

Frauds. I’m calling out the frauds now. Anyone else who wants to nod sagely and tell us we have no chance, shovel your misery in here :)

Last edited:
It's completely different to 2016 dude. Not one person here has compared it to 2016 that I can recall.
Making it up as he goes. As is his want. Kingsight qualities. Most likely a big mince fan.

I don’t remember yours to be honest, which is the problem I am outlining
We are the best side in it. But we can’t get our best side in it. And it’s unlikely we will. And if we don’t we have FA chance to win it.