Ash Barty | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ash Barty

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
A bit of an odd choice but no big deal.
Agree, i probably would have preferred a non-celebrity supporter if there was no other suitable options available, but when she gives Trent cup i wont be worried she is there.

Tiger Superstar
Feb 28, 2008
Yeah fair call, I sold her well short with the comment. I was wr wr wr wr.........

To be honest, not being much of a tennis fan, I've barely heard of her outside of her' the cameras on me so I better give some sort of weird reaction' over the past few games.

But to be honest I don't care what her history is, presenting the cup should be reserved for people that have made a huge contribution to the club.
Otherwise give Ezy or one of the other die hards with tickets a crack.

It's no big deal, who presents the cup to you if you win is literally the best problem in footy, but it's a poor choice.
Obviously if you are not much of a tennis fan, have barely heard of her, don't care what her history is, and you haven't being paying attention to the numerous news items about Barty / Tigers on the Tigers website and in the sporting media over the years, etc etc, you'd have no idea that she has had a long association with the club from well before we started winning games regularly, and has a strong on-going connection to Cotch and others in the club.
And that's fine to not know or care.
But that then leaves you in a precarious position to make big assertions about the level of her involvement with the club and suitability to hand over the cup, when you literally have no idea.

Reactions: 4 users

kyuss

Tiger Superstar
May 13, 2012
Happy with the choice. Don't really care. However if it was my choice and we were to win it, i'd take chris scott and dangerfield to present it to us.

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

Total Tiger

Tiger Champion
Apr 13, 2009
Sorry, I think this is a *smile* decision. Surely somewhere in Qld, NT and SA we have a retired champion of the club who can do this. Joel Bowden comes to mind. I'm sure there are plenty of others. It's a fan this time, albiet a famous one. Will it be the highest bidder at a fundraising auction next time?

Total Tiger

Tiger Champion
Apr 13, 2009
Obviously if you are not much of a tennis fan, have barely heard of her, don't care what her history is, and you haven't being paying attention to the numerous news items about Barty / Tigers on the Tigers website and in the sporting media over the years, etc etc, you'd have no idea that she has had a long association with the club from well before we started winning games regularly, and has a strong on-going connection to Cotch and others in the club.
And that's fine to not know or care.
But that then leaves you in a precarious position to make big assertions about the level of her involvement with the club and suitability to hand over the cup, when you literally have no idea.
Mick Molloy has had a long association with the club that pre-dates winning games regularly. Not so flash at tennis, but his connection to the club is the same. Would you make the same argument for him to do it?

Reactions: 1 user
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Geoff Raines was my favourite player as a kid but devastated when he left to the arch enemy so that’s a hard no from me.

I like the Bowden idea but am absolutely ok with Barty doing it if we win.

Reactions: 2 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I'm aware of her being the number 1 ticket holder for the AFLW program, a position we don't even bother filling in the AFL program.
Well, not now that one of our #1 Ticket Holders was arrested for being a kiddy fiddler and has a known history of protecting kiddy fiddlers. Ash, by comparison, is a much better option.

Reactions: 3 users

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
So we just need to win another 3 premierships after 2020 to get Raines, Bowden and KB to present a premiership cup.

Make it happen Dimma.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
So we just need to win another 3 premierships after 2020 to get Raines, Bowden and KB to present a premiership cup.

Make it happen Dimma.

KB and Bowden sure. Raines, we have much better options than him. Dale Weightman is someone who should be up for consideration for the 2021 Premiership Cup

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
I'd like to see Ash present the cup to whoever the winner might be.
I wouldn't be able to watch Scott being presented the cup, unless it came via a Barty backhand/er.

Last edited:

nswtiger

tiger army tiger army!! thank you very much
Feb 14, 2005
Nrth NSW
great choice
a real passionate supporter gets to be involved
fan engagement

Reactions: 1 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
just saw that sitting next to Ash Barty at the Saints Semi were Steph Gilmore and Nikki Van Dijk (tigers supporter) - 2 of the girls on the Womens World Surfing Tour. Anyway, should've got all 3 of the lovelies to present the cup. nice!

tigerhalsey

RICHOOOO What A Mark!!
Jul 28, 2007
Melbourne
Now they turned on Ash Barty, is there no end to the Richmond hate. Geez

Attachments

• 1603249835870.png
    1603249835870.png
    59.8 KB · Views: 48

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
just saw that sitting next to Ash Barty at the Saints Semi were Steph Gilmore and Nikki Van Dijk (tigers supporter) - 2 of the girls on the Womens World Surfing Tour. Anyway, should've got all 3 of the lovelies to present the cup. nice!
Ahh right is that who they were? They looked familiar but couldn't place them. Nikki Van Dijk is a Victorian if I recall correctly; Phillip Island I believe.

Good on her.