Australian Flag banned at the BDO | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Australian Flag banned at the BDO

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Redford said:
evo said:
Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoudrel-Samuel Johnson.

:hula

What does such a bad actor starring on such bad show as the Secret Life of Us have to do with anything ?

Not Samuel Johnson the bad actor and ad voice over bloke, evo meant samuel johnson the hula girl dancing cross dresser.

Damn, beaten to a bad joke.

FightingFury

Its back to Brooke time again!
Nov 25, 2003
Richmond
I've just phoned the Adelaide Crows FC.

I asked could they ban flags being taken to the game at Football Park when Richmond play there as I will find them offensive,as im from a rival club.
It may start a blue among us spectators you know.

I even offered to stay off the crystal meth and booze til at least half time just to compromise.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
struggletown3121 said:

I asked could they ban flags being taken to the game at Football Park when Richmond play there as I will find them offensive,as im from a rival club.

I even offered to stay off the crystal meth and booze til at least half time just to compromise.

What did they say ?

FightingFury

Nov 25, 2003
Richmond
Redford said:
struggletown3121 said:

What did they say ?

We're negotiating over 1/4 time.

I ain't budging.......bloody right wing nazis expecting me to visit their dungheap and let them enjoy themselves.
Pah!

the claw

thufferin thuckertash
Jun 17, 2003
WA
wasnt going to post until the krakouer thread is unlocked but feel i have to make an exception with this issue.

its time all normal rational thinking people went out and bought a shotgun and we pronounce our annual cull of all politically correct dickheads. before they totally destroy this great country. to say im appalled is an understatement.

the worst of it is the morons cant see the damage they are doing. :( :mad:

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
the claw said:
wasnt going to post until the krakouer thread is unlocked but feel i have to make an exception with this issue.

its time all normal rational thinking people went out and bought a shotgun and we  pronounce our annual cull of all politically correct *smile*s. before they totally destroy this great country. to say im appalled is an understatement.

Agree claw. Who's the f.... prick that started this political correctness ??

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
TigerForce said:
the claw said:

its time all normal rational thinking people went out and bought a shotgun and we  pronounce our annual cull of all politically correct *smile*s. before they totally destroy this great country. to say im appalled is an understatement.

Agree claw.  Who's the f.... prick that started this political correctness ??

Not any one person as such. Lawyers. Politicians. Minority groups by the hundreds..... and generally very soft people who live in and around the Lower Plenty region.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Redford said:
What we’ve gotta remember here is that there is infinitely more good about this country than bad, that we have come a long way as a nation in a relatively short period of time, and that we have achieved things that many other countries have only ever been able to dream about.

So, with all of that, I say that in no way whatsoever should any of us EVER be prevented from using our flag to celebrate or convey our feelings of just how proud we are of this nation and the aforementioned achievements simply because an infinitesimal minority of aholes choose to use it as a symbol for something else.

The flag is NOT the problem here.

That may be the best post this year but seeing as Redford is the author I take that back.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Redford said:
TigerForce said:
the claw said:

Not any one person as such. Lawyers. Politicians. Minority groups by the hundreds..... and generally very soft people who live in and around the Lower Plenty region. 
I'm safe.... :hihi

FightingFury

Nov 25, 2003
Richmond
Redford said:
TigerForce said:
the claw said:

*smile* you JB03.......you and Rainsybaby just... well....stop it NOW.

Liverpool

How did that Julia and Kevin thing work out? :)
Jan 24, 2005
Melbourne
the claw said:

Agree Claw.

The morons might see some damage at the Sydney BDO and every other BDO around the country now, as thousands of people who weren't going to wear a flag will be wearing one, flags painted on faces, sheilas wearing flag bikinis....they've opened the Pandora's Box now, and serve them right.

If you take out the one or two political-correct duds on this forum (we know who you are), the majority of people do not want to see our own flag banned, ANYWHERE, EVER.

Hopefully pressure will come from Howard, Iemma, and the ones who rely on this majority voting them back into power, and the BDO is made to backtrack on their ridiculous and prejudice demands.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
tigersnake said:
craig said:
I thought i lived in Australia.

We don't know where you live, this is the internet.

There should never ever ever ever be a time when our national flag should not be allowed to fly nor its people wave it with pride.

Flying it isn't the problem, weraing it is causing a bit of a kefuffle though.  So you reckon anyone should be allowed to wave with pride in the name of any cause?

This country is overgoverned by left wing, panderers who just offended me and probably most proud Aussies by once again submitting to the bleats of minorities.

Who is currently in the chair Craig 'ol son?

THIS IS AUSTRALIA FFS!!!!!

5 exclamation marks, you should get your own radio show, you're a talent.

Dear o Dear snakey dear oh dear

All states are Labour, and ilemma is part Lebo so work that out.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
SCOOP said:
Redford said:
What we’ve gotta remember here is that there is infinitely more good about this country than bad, that we have come a long way as a nation in a relatively short period of time, and that we have achieved things that many other countries have only ever been able to dream about.

So, with all of that, I say that in no way whatsoever should any of us EVER be prevented from using our flag to celebrate or convey our feelings of just how proud we are of this nation and the aforementioned achievements simply because an infinitesimal minority of aholes choose to use it as a symbol for something else.

That may be the best post this year but seeing as Redford is the author I take that back.

Yeah, I never agree with anything that jerk says either. Dud.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Redford said:
SCOOP said:
Redford said:

Yeah, it had a tinge of the Johnny Howard tone in it.........

pahoffm

No one player is bigger than the club.
Mar 24, 2004
Last rock concert I can remember going to was Steve Winwood, back in the 80s/90s.
Can't remember seeing any Australian flags at that concert.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Phantom said:
Last rock concert I can remember going to was Steve Winwood, back in the 80s/90s.

Was that on Australia Day ?

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
TigerForce said:
Redford said:
SCOOP said:
Redford said:

Yeah, it had a tinge of the Johnny Howard tone in it.........

Geez. It really must have been a bad post then.

Liverpool

How did that Julia and Kevin thing work out? :)
Jan 24, 2005
Melbourne
Phantom said:

Was it on the Australia Day weekend though?

My sister went to the Robbie Williams concert, and there wasn't any Aussie flags there either, she said.

The thing with the BDO is that it is on the Australia Day weekend, and isn't that a time when we have a weekend to celebrate Australia and being Australian?
Isn't that the idea of having the Friday off as well?

The whole banning flags (or as the BDO organisers sa, "advising people not to bring Australian flags") thing is just a discriminatory, predjudicial, farce.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I could be wrong but I think the Australian flag became more recognised by Australian people when the Yanks showed heavy patriotism just after the 9/11 attacks.

I travelled the US in May 2002 and still saw many US flags (big & small) in front yards of many houses.