Ben Roberts Smith | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ben Roberts Smith

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
he might ask you to shoot an innocent civilian he just kicked off a cliff, would you follow those orders?

In all honesty, i really couldnt predict how i would behave in a war.

My best guess is i'd play dead, wait till the moon rose, then follow a river to the sea

Sure, but he'd probably shoot you in the back if it meant it would make him look good.

Yes

Last edited:

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
he might ask you to shoot an innocent civilian he just kicked off a cliff, would you follow those orders?
if he's going to (or I believe he is going to) shoot me if i don't, self preservation is probably going to beat my morals

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
if he's going to (or I believe he is going to) shoot me if i don't, self preservation is probably going to beat my morals

Right, but you'd probably not want to be serving next to someone who you'd believe would shoot you because you weren't willing to commit a war crime.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019

Yeah i think, within reason, you probably need to leave your moral compass at home if you find yourself fighting in a war.

I have always thought of the rules of war,

As an oxymoron.

im not excusing BRS, more laying a significant portion of blame with political leaders, generals and arms dealers

Reactions: 1 user

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Yeah i think, within reason, you probably need to leave your moral compass at home if you find yourself fighting in a war.

I have always thought of the rules of war,

As an oxymoron.

im not excusing BRS, more laying a significant portion of blame with political leaders, generals and arms dealers
all quiet on the western front (netflix) portrays this dilemma pretty well

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Right, but you'd probably not want to be serving next to someone who you'd believe would shoot you because you weren't willing to commit a war crime.

If theres that much free will involved,

I tick the box that says

'Banana lounge by the clothing optional pool with a bottle of tequila, a big lump of opium, and a good book'

• Love

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004

I tick the box that says

'Banana lounge by the clothing optional pool with a bottle of tequila, a big lump of opium, and a good book'

I'd serve alongside you on a banana lounge any day EZ even if the optional clothing is slightly concerning

• Haha

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005

I tick the box that says

does a bottle of tequila and the lump of opium make the book choice moot?

• Haha

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
Yeah im a bit the same

Ive got a dog thats well trained to round up cows, but i just cant get her to stop biting the horse

And if im being honest,

if im getting shot at, i want BRS beside me over Bob Brown.
Very humourous eZy. :ROFLMAO:

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
Sure, but he'd probably shoot you in the back if it meant it would make him look good.
As a former member Australian of the Australian Defence Force I find yours , Ant & eZyt's " kick him whilst he is down " comments on the result of Roberts - Smith civil libel case pathetic . Sure but he'd probably in the back etc etc . Wonder wot will spew out next.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Are you calling the multiple SAS soldiers who testified against BRS liars?

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
his own brothers in arms testified against him you plonker.

We should believe him and not them? After the judge found him to be a liar who tried to bribe and intimidate witnesses?

Wake up mate.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
look @Tigaman , i get that you went to 'Nam.

I imagine That must have been horrible, and profoundly shaped your world view at a formative age.

But 'i was in the army, so show BRS respect' makes no sense.

I live on the edge of a forest near the pacific highway and have picked up hitchhiking backpackers,

But im not saying 'lay off Ivan Milat'

I know youre POV is yours to express, and its informed by your experience,

But do you reckon you could try turn it round in your mind a few times, and take a look at it from another angle?

Im not even laying into BRS, in the context of whats transpired, im empathizing with him and aportioning blame above him. Can you not decipher that?

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
“Not only did I have to worry about the Taliban but I also had to look over my own back at … people in my own squadron,”
- Statement from one of the SAS soldiers who testified against BRS.

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
“Not only did I have to worry about the Taliban but I also had to look over my own back at … people in my own squadron,”
- Statement from one of the SAS soldiers who testified against BRS.
What is his name ?

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
What is his name ?

Witnesses giving evidence at BRS's idiotic defamation action had their names suppressed under the National Security Information Act - pretty standard that SAS soldiers who served in active warzones don't want their names linked to specific events, but in this case it wasn't their choice - it was a court order enforcing that act.

The question has to be asked @Tigaman - why do you believe BRS in the face of all evidence, and you disbelieve all of his SAS brothers who saw what he did and testified against him? Do you respect the SAS or do you just worship one man?

The full article here where his SAS colleagues are scathing about his self-importance, his lies, his bullying and his war crimes including Dusty Miller, SAS medical officer who witnessed war crimes and testified around them.