Ben Roberts Smith | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ben Roberts Smith

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I watched 15 minutes - seems a reasonable logic as to why the senior person shouldn't have got a medal - but I guess we don't really get to hear their side of the story - or more importantly the logic of those who gave the award and how they view the criteria. the creator of the video presents their logic as factual/indisputable. We do hear a senator ask the recipient why he think he meets the criteria, and the recipient not answer the question and ask the senator to follow the process/protocol to do this.

Anyway, it got pretty boring / comments are closed on the video and we don't know the motivation of the maker of the video. Maybe they had an award docked and felt it was hypocritical - there is a little bit where the senator pushes that line.

I'm not sure of the relevance of the video to BRS.

Certain people in power having egos isn't breaking news.

According to Tiga he's the one seeking SAS "scalps". Of course Tiga's never been able to explain why 20 SAS ex-soldiers are lying about BRS and BRS is telling the truth. They are all SAS.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
According to Tiga he's the one seeking SAS "scalps". Of course Tiga's never been able to explain why 20 SAS ex-soldiers are lying about BRS and BRS is telling the truth. They are all SAS.

So the argument is an egocentric leader allegedly seeking false fame means everyone who worked in his chain of command is innocent of separate charges because the leader is out to get everyone besmirking the award he got?

O. k.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Ben lodged His appeal today so the Rules of Engagement have been changed.

Not really - it will still be KCs in front of a judge. Also, it's not about witnesses giving evidence now - the appeal is purely around whether Justice Anthony Besanko erred in interpreting evidence given by specific witnesses.

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
Not really - it will still be KCs in front of a judge. Also, it's not about witnesses giving evidence now - the appeal is purely around whether Justice Anthony Besanko erred in interpreting evidence given by specific witnesses.
Ant the goal posts have changed.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
He's is making some sense. Goal posts were originally that he wanted the media that blatantly stated he was a murderer and guilty of war crimes to be proven wrong in court. That resulted in an own goal, a really bad own goal.

New goal posts are that hopefully, maybe, Kerry's KCs can find a way to argue that the judge made a technical or procedural error, and reverse a couple of the charges. Nothing to do with proving that he isn't a murderer and guilty of war crimes, just that the judge made a mistake.

Reactions: 1 user

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
That's right - has the judge erred in law or as the plaintiff argues, "cherrypicked" the evidence.

Seems like a Hail Mary to me but then Pell got off so you never know.

Reactions: 1 user

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
He's is making some sense. Goal posts were originally that he wanted the media that blatantly stated he was a murderer and guilty of war crimes to be proven wrong in court. That resulted in an own goal, a really bad own goal.

New goal posts are that hopefully, maybe, Kerry's KCs can find a way to argue that the judge made a technical or procedural error, and reverse a couple of the charges. Nothing to do with proving that he isn't a murderer and guilty of war crimes, just that the judge made a mistake.

OK, but this is exactly what happened with George Pell and Bruce Lehrmann. Neither were found not guilty by a court. But it never stopped the hard right from claiming they were innocent. I'm sure BRS is banking on this.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
OK, but this is exactly what happened with George Pell and Bruce Lehrmann. Neither were found not guilty by a court. But it never stopped the hard right from claiming they were innocent. I'm sure BRS is banking on this.
Hard right and their cult members don't deal with truth and facts.

Like most cults, they create their own reality.

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
In a case relevant to this Heston Russell ex SAS is suing ABC & two journos for defamation alledging He Russell committed war a crime in Afghanistan. At this moment ABC case is like a ship without a rudder. If ABC lose costs against them picked up by the Tax Payer.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
In a case relevant to this Heston Russell ex SAS is suing ABC & two journos for defamation alledging He Russell committed war a crime in Afghanistan. At this moment ABC case is like a ship without a rudder. If ABC lose costs against them picked up by the Tax Payer.

you aren't up to date tiga, the ABC has already conceded as the confidential sources on this case preferred to remain confidential. So Russell has won this case as the ABC has chosen to protect their sources.

The BRS one is different - around 20 SAS ex-soldiers have already testified in open court against BRS so confidentiality is not the issue. BRS' appeal will be around whether an error in law was made, not what has been proven on balance of probabilities to have happened.

I'd ask you again why you believe BRS, a proven liar, bully and domestic abuser over 20 other soldiers but I don't think you even know yourself.

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
The ABC is gutless . Urr well not proceed with this
you aren't up to date tiga, the ABC has already conceded as the confidential sources on this case preferred to remain confidential. So Russell has won this case as the ABC has chosen to protect their sources.

The BRS one is different - around 20 SAS ex-soldiers have already testified in open court against BRS so confidentiality is not the issue. BRS' appeal will be around whether an error in law was made, not what has been proven on balance of probabilities to have happened.

I'd ask you again why you believe BRS, a proven liar, bully and domestic abuser over 20 other soldiers but I don't think you even know yourself.
The ABC is gutless. Urr we will not proceed with this as ho hum our penalties will be paid by the Australian Taxpayer. Albo should drag Madame Buttrose AC OBE into his office by her butt & explain to her that the Article & capitulation just does not pass the Pub test. But will he ,No.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
The ABC is gutless . Urr well not proceed with this

The ABC is gutless. Urr we will not proceed with this as ho hum our penalties will be paid by the Australian Taxpayer. Albo should drag Madame Buttrose AC OBE into his office by her butt & explain to her that the Article & capitulation just does not pass the Pub test. But will he ,No.

Maybe lay off the cans before you reply next time... but happy Friday tiga, you clearly started the weekend at 1pm

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010

All hearsay which the woke swallow whole.