Brexited | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Brexited

Iceland sends England a big FU from the EU.

Oh look Harry, Standard & Poors and Fitches just started scaremongering by downgrading the UK's credit rating two points. Sterling on a 31 year low - first world problems :hihi

evo said:
When the bureaucrats, central bankers, politicians, media and big business are all united in telling you to vote one way you should run to vote the opposite.

Murdoch, the dominant media, player pushed the exit case hard, but yeah good point.

antman said:
Iceland sends England a big FU from the EU.

Oh look Harry, Standard & Poors and Fitches just started scaremongering by downgrading the UK's credit rating two points. Sterling on a 31 year low - first world problems :hihi

same mobs who said the US mortgage bonds were top notch and caused the GFC. They've managed to have their key role talked down and forgotten though. The fact that their rolled-gold conservative status remains intact after such a fundamental and monumental stuff up speaks volumes about the global financial system. Its all a sham.

tigersnake said:
Murdoch, the dominant media, player pushed the exit case hard, but yeah good point.
murdochs media influence in Britain is in decline.

tigersnake said:
same mobs who said the US mortgage bonds were top notch and caused the GFC. They've managed to have their key role talked down and forgotten though. The fact that their rolled-gold conservative status remains intact after such a fundamental and monumental stuff up speaks volumes about the global financial system. Its all a sham.

Perhaps, but makes the cost of borrowing money even higher for the UK now.

the cost of borrowing money in Europe is certainly cheap. They pay you to take it!

Crazy world. Back in the stone age when i studied economics bond interest rates reflected risk. Buggered if I'd lend Germany, Japan or America money at the moment. They're all insolvent.

either way he just one player. And he mostly seems to take a contrarian view merely to sell more papers it seems.

There is little doubt in my my mind the establishment wanted Britain to remain.

Back when the EU was first conceived I thought it was a good idea, but have changed my mind over the years. History will show the British people did the right thing I reckon. The EU is a corrupt, undemocratic bureaucratic monolith that's going to collapse.

Deutchebank will probably be the catalyst.

evo said:
either way he just one player. And he mostly seems to take a contrarian view merely to sell more papers it seems.

There is little doubt in my my mind the establishment wanted Britain to remain.

Back when the EU was first conceived I thought it was a good idea, but have changed my mind over the years. History will show the British people did the right thing I reckon. The EU is a corrupt, undemocratic bureaucratic monolith that's going to collapse.

Deutchebank will probably be the catalyst.

On Murdoch, yes, but not always contrarian. He tends to back winners, used to only back Labor if they are an absolute shoe in and the conservatives are a rabble, but yes, always to sell papers. Bit less so now he's diversified and papers don't sell as much, and maybe 'cos he's older, but he's just far right all the way now.

On the establishment, mostly, there is a significant old, old, money bloc that wanted exit, that's pretty establishment. But the broad current establishment, yes.

On the EU, hard to argue with, but dunno if the alternative is any better, who knows. I wonder if there is an optimal-sized country or federation?

tigersnake said:
On the establishment, mostly, there is a significant old, old, money bloc that wanted exit, that's pretty establishment. But the broad current establishment, yes.

On the EU, hard to argue with, but dunno if the alternative is any better, who knows. I wonder if there is an optimal-sized country or federation?

Oh yeah, the Establishment definitely wanted Remain. This referendum was a bizarre coalition of the Establishment/young people/professionals/tech businesses/most businesses/lefties/Scotland/Northern Ireland on the Remain side and the elderly/unemployed/northern England/Wales/UKIP racists/I want to go back to the 1950s crowd on the Leave side.

On the Tories, most MPs are Remainers whilst most of the Tory party membership are Leavers.

Both the Tories (do we really want Boris as leader?) and Labour (do we have anyone else besides Corbyn to lead us) in crisis now.

We might start seeing a new wave of 'boat people' flooding our shores trying to get in - all carrying 10 Pounds in now worthless currency.

antman said:
Oh yeah, the Establishment definitely wanted Remain. This referendum was a bizarre coalition of the Establishment/young people/professionals/tech businesses/most businesses/lefties/Scotland/Northern Ireland on the Remain side and the elderly/unemployed/northern England/Wales/UKIP racists/I want to go back to the 1950s crowd on the Leave side.

On the Tories, most MPs are Remainers whilst most of the Tory party membership are Leavers.

Both the Tories (do we really want Boris as leader?) and Labour (do we have anyone else besides Corbyn to lead us) in crisis now.
http://www.abc.net.au/religion/articles/2016/06/22/4486618.htm

Heh heh seems Angry Ant is afraid of change which might explain his constant backing of the current RFC administration and Hardwick. I can see him blow his top if Peggy Benny and Hardwick get kicked out, blaming it on the ferals

evo said:

Yep - a big problem for British Labour. The old English working class either gets educated and becomes middle class (or their kids do) or they become a permanent welfare dependent underclass living in the bleak cities of the north. Who would probably do better under Labour but can't reconcile their situation and are easily exploited by the xenophobes/Daily Mail.

Orwell had it right - every ruling class needs a scapegoat - whether it's Eurasia, the EU or the Polish people who moved in down the road.

Same thing happens here - see Peter Dutton saying that refugees are both illiterate/welfare dependent and will somehow take our jobs at the same time - but on a much smaller scale.

Harry said:
Heh heh seems Angry Ant is afraid of change which might explain his constant backing of the current RFC administration and Hardwick. I can see him blow his top if Peggy Benny and Hardwick get kicked out, blaming it on the ferals

Post needs more work to troll me successfully Haz.

evo said:

Similar problems for Labor here that they don't seem to be able to deal with. Been fluctuating but increasing since the mid-80s. Bleeding votes from the xenophobic/ nationalist working class flank to the Libs, bleeding votes from their progressive/ humanist flank to the Greens. Trying to have it both ways, and as we all know, in general, it can't happen.