Cardinal George Pell, The Catholic Church and Child Sex Abuse | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cardinal George Pell, The Catholic Church and Child Sex Abuse

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Headmaster Stephen Russell & Dean of Sport of Luke Travers have resigned in the wake of the St kevin's revelations regarding coverups.
Bravo Louise Milligan ..absolutely brilliant reporting. Hopefully you've made the world a little safer from rock spiders & those protecting them.
Thank heavens for the ABC.

As for that Murdoch #### Andrew Bolt.. Check this interview out.

Paedophile apologist

The question begs what is Bolt protecting??
ABC- just elitist propaganda.

in fairness to the SKevs headmaster, if it is good enough for an ex-PM to support a pedophile why can he?

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
St Kevs flying the flag for the establishment. As long as we keep protecting the pedophiles.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
The only thing i find odd is that Paris left the school for a period but then returned.

Yeah I found that odd as well.

But the whole sordid story is just a disgrace and makes me feel sick. Good riddance to the headmaster who finally resigned. Not before time and good riddance; the way he handled it was an absolute disgrace.

Reactions: 1 user

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
It's more than just the usual left v right stuff though, David. There's a creepy edge to the way he defends these people.

No idea why.

It is weird. I'm pretty sure he's stated that he's not Catholic which makes his over the top defence of Pell and others even stranger.

Last edited:

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
It is weird. I'm pretty sure he's stated that he's not Catholic which makes his over the top defence of Pell and others even stranger.

He stands with the establishment - just as Abbott and Howard couldn't believe an important man like Pell could be taken down and lined up with him, so too does Bolt.

HR

Tiger Superstar
Mar 20, 2013
Bolt is a disgrace. His past and ongoing support for pedos is beyond belief.
The Catholic church is a disgrace. They are still systematically enshrined in supporting pedos, through churches, parishes and schools. They refuse to use their influence for just purposes.
St Kevins has serious ongoing issues and should be placed into an "administration" of sorts to protect the students.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
It's more than just the usual left v right stuff though, David. There's a creepy edge to the way he defends these people.

No idea why.

Did he not read the transcript of the texts? How depraved given the nature of the relationship?

Does he think its OK for an older man in a trusted position to send that sort of stuff through to a 15 year old boy?

Is it only if the old guy try to force himself on the child that it would be inappropriate?

Henderson, he is just a creep full stop.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
The only thing i find odd is that Paris left the school for a period but then returned.

Why does the victim have to be the one that leaves permanently? The offender should be expelled and the victim can make their own mind up about staying or leaving - I imagine that's a highly personal decision. Friends, teachers, and other issues would all play into that.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
ABC- just elitist propaganda.

in fairness to the SKevs headmaster, if it is good enough for an ex-PM to support a pedophile why can he?

I think you mean the Murdoch media. If you think the ABC is elitist or propaganda, you're clearly not able to think/read/listen/watch or comprehend with any discernment at all. Which other arm of the media would have the journalistic integrity, honesty and guts to produce and screen the 4 Corners expose of St. Kevin's resulting in the two principal resignations - most reluctantly and begrudgingly - thus far. So why do you think they had to resign?

Do you realise that many of the parents, staff and students were virtually in revolt if this did not happen!?

Also shown by aligning yourself with the discredited and tossed-out-of-his-seat Tony Abbott, one of the greatest sicko, paedophile apologists and entrenched climate change deniers getting around.
You actually identify with Abbott?

But try this as an answer to your incredibly stupid question: because as a Principal he has an over-riding responsibility for the students' welfare, safety, education and protection.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
I think you mean the Murdoch media. If you think the ABC is elitist or propaganda, you're clearly not able to think/read/listen/watch or comprehend with any discernment at all. Which other arm of the media would have the journalistic integrity, honesty and guts to produce and screen the 4 Corners expose of St. Kevin's resulting in the two principal resignations - most reluctantly and begrudgingly - thus far. So why do you think they had to resign?

Do you realise that many of the parents, staff and students were virtually in revolt if this did not happen!?

Also shown by aligning yourself with the discredited and tossed-out-of-his-seat Tony Abbott, one of the greatest sicko, paedophile apologists and entrenched climate change deniers getting around.
You actually identify with Abbott?

But try this as an answer to your incredibly stupid question: because as a Principal he has an over-riding responsibility for the students' welfare, safety, education and protection.

I think you need to recalibrate your sarcasm detection meter.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Why does the victim have to be the one that leaves permanently? The offender should be expelled and the victim can make their own mind up about staying or leaving - I imagine that's a highly personal decision. Friends, teachers, and other issues would all play into that.

Don't disagree with any of that. I can only imagine how hard it was for that kid to return given the lack of support from the school.

Not having any sort of crack at him. Only have great admiration for him standing up like he has.

Reactions: 2 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
I think you need to recalibrate your sarcasm detection meter.

I usually read a fair bit of the background on a thread before wading in, but I admit that in this case, I did take Broder's post on face value. I have seen others on PRE make ludicrous statements on the ABC. I suppose I have been quite angered by the latest events at St. Kevs. When will the Catholic hierarchy ever learn?
However, apologies to Broders if he was being sarcastic.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Most disturbing for me was the complete lack of care for the two students. ABC did an amazing job building the story about culture and negligence then providing the evidence. Fantastic investigative journalism sadly lacking in Australia.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Appreciate that Rids.

In this RoCo tweet Paris explains why BoIt and Henderson are pigs and also why he chose to return to the school. Some of this is graphic so be warned.

Wow. That is so strong, brave and honest. To think Paris is now subjected to this kind of attack from these two dubious old toads. He has suffered enough damage and disruption to his young life already without now having to defend himself from such scuttlebutt.
A powerful rebuttal to Bolt and Henderson's highly questionable positions.