Carltony | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Carltony

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
I get that people are passionate and Carlton's fan base is supposedly one of the most passionate, but anyone basing their day-to-day happiness around how the team performs (which is entirely beyond the fans' control) needs to re-evaluate their life.
That’s the emotionally intelligent answer.

Happiness is a pretty ephemeral thing though. I think the trick is if it makes you happy when it’s going well then no issues but more the other way is to not let it impact your mood (at least for too long!). Easier said than done for many. Knowing only 1 in 18 can win is the intellectual argument.

Reactions: 2 users

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
I get that people are passionate and Carlton's fan base is supposedly one of the most passionate, but anyone basing their day-to-day happiness around how the team performs (which is entirely beyond the fans' control) needs to re-evaluate their life.

Well said BB. You see the same thing here and with every other team's fans, total overreactions to winning and losing, and it is sad.

Ultimately it is just a game and if it is anything more to a fan, who really has almost no practical role in it anyway, then they should be assessing what they are missing in their life.

Reactions: 1 user

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
Well said BB. You see the same thing here and with every other team's fans, total overreactions to winning and losing, and it is sad.

Ultimately it is just a game and if it is anything more to a fan, who really has almost no practical role in it anyway, then they should be assessing what they are missing in their life.
I've assessed what I'm missing in my life and it's more premierships.

• Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Voss in deep trouble. CEO Brian Cook has come out and said he (Voss) will absolutely be coaching the club in 2024.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Voss in deep trouble. CEO Brian Cook has come out and said he (Voss) will absolutely be coaching the club in 2024.
Lets hope Cooky's right n Carlscum have to put up with another year of the same *smile* before they get another new coach n start all over again

Reactions: 1 user

Feeling Tigerish

Tiger Champion
Apr 11, 2009
normally not like me to take joy out of anothers misfortune, but with Crapton, i absolutely make an exception. Last nights viewing was pure joy

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
So if you are a Carlton supporter you are thinking the misery will never end. The current team isn’t going to get it done so it’s start again. Cripps career wasted and curnow going to be 30 at next crack. McKay is a disaster if fixing his goal kicking is impossible. Gets a lot of footy directed his way and takes contested marks he turns into opposition kick ins. Bad goal kicking is really bad footy (as we have proven too).

Suffer in your jocks.

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
You know you’re *smile* when your own supporters are punching on amongst themselves in the outer!

• Haha