Carltony | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Carltony

I don't condone what he's done or how he's done it, but the gist of his sentiments aren't wrong - they ARE a disgrace and don't respect the jumper. It's merely a work uniform to them.

On another note - it was extremely liberating to disconnect on Sunday night from any association to the game - phone was off, I didn't keep track nor did I see a second of the match - and I didn't check the score until the following morning. Therapeutic, even.

Then when I did check the score, I wasn't surprised, nor was I angry.

A great Stoic attitude BB. Just let it go and it doesn't affect you.

Easier said than done of course.

Reactions: 3 users
It's merely a work uniform to them.

Ultimately that's what it is for them though BB, at the end of the day they are just blokes going to work.

I really fee sorry for everyone involved. It's an awful experience when a sporting team can't meet the expectations.

To me these things just show how little we actually understand about success in sport. Voss is a great coach, a terrific leader and knows plenty about the game. They've got some very good players but for whatever reason they are not good enough in combination to be successful.

There are so many factors at play that it is a miracle they ever line up, and yet everyone froths and bubbles about it when it inevitably doesn't work out. It's a brutal industry.

Reactions: 1 users
Ya should never kick a bloke(s) when they're down.... we've all been there and it's shjt!

But.... this popped up in my YouTube suggestions and I don't reckon I've ever seen 5 fellas look more broken than these poor sods.

Tough work loving ya footy club somedays!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Ya should never kick a bloke(s) when they're down.... we've all been there and it's shjt!

But.... this popped up in my YouTube suggestions and I don't reckon I've ever seen 5 fellas look more broken than these poor sods.

10 minutes in and I feel like I'm at the funeral of someone who died too young. The first speaker has had half of bottle of whisky before it even starts.

The inability to get a Charlie Curnow bobblehead because Essendon supporters could get it first to top it all off.

"*smile* sho of a football club bro" for quote of the week

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Haha, talk about stereotypical Carlton supporters. If you had to describe what a Carlton supporter looks and sounds like, you would name these 5. Haha.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Ultimately that's what it is for them though BB, at the end of the day they are just blokes going to work.

I really fee sorry for everyone involved. It's an awful experience when a sporting team can't meet the expectations.

To me these things just show how little we actually understand about success in sport. Voss is a great coach, a terrific leader and knows plenty about the game. They've got some very good players but for whatever reason they are not good enough in combination to be successful.

There are so many factors at play that it is a miracle they ever line up, and yet everyone froths and bubbles about it when it inevitably doesn't work out. It's a brutal industry.
There is no evidence that Voss is a great coach. Lots of evidence to the contrary though.

Reactions: 1 user

Slightly ironic he tees off at Cripps whilst he’s got a Cripps poster in the background.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

With all due respect TBR, what exactly has Voss done that makes him a ”great coach”? From what I see, he has only had 2 seasons where his teams have won more games than they lost ( his first years at both Brisbane and Carlton). His teams dramatically fall away in the following seasons.
Great player, yes, but I can’t see how he is a great coach

10 minutes in and I feel like I'm at the funeral of someone who died too young. The first speaker has had half of bottle of whisky before it even starts.

The inability to get a Charlie Curnow bobblehead because Essendon supporters could get it first to top it all off.

"*smile* sho of a football club bro" for quote of the week
The person that died too young must've been an absolute c*** with the way they're teeing off :LOL:
Haha, talk about stereotypical Carlton supporters. If you had to describe what a Carlton supporter looks and sounds like, you would name these 5. Haha.
Fully sik maaaaaate.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users
Until we sort the bobbleheads out then this club will not be successful!!!

F*****g over this club accepting mediocrity with the bobbleheads!! F*** em!!!