Changes against Bulldogs | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes against Bulldogs

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
Im really excited about Blitzkreig on friday night.

Dimmas press conference clearly indicates a behind 4 walls blowtorch being applied.

pressure like a prelim.

this game is gonna be a cracker.

maybe we wont have the cattle to get the choccys

but they'lle go down swinging.

i think we win this one through shock and awe and a colossal Tom Lynch kicking 8

these are the games we bought him for.

Got me excited, EzYt
Hope your're right !
Go Tigers

Reactions: 1 users

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017, 2019, 2020 ...2021?
Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne
Personally think only forced changes

Out Martin, Lambert
In Ross, Caddy

Rioli, George, then Aarts very lucky imo to stay in side if selected this week

angle ankle

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 6, 2020
Personally think only forced changes

Out Martin, Lambert
In Ross, Caddy

Rioli, George, then Aarts very lucky imo to stay in side if selected this week
.ru serious about george?....brings heat the envy of any club
.one poor game where he should have been moved to salem (urs zip yes) & ur on him?!
.we need more of him

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
Salem, Lever, May all played well last week because the delivery to our fwds was hopeless due to Melbourne's midfield pressure. It's not going to get any easier for our mids this week but they have to work harder, run to the contest and only pick guys who are fit. If Cotch is carrying an injury then rest him, he certainly looked unable to go up and back as he needed to.
Out: Martin, Lambert, Grimes (ankle), Aarts (too many smalls)
In: CCJ, RCD, Ross, Caddy

Reactions: 1 user

angle ankle

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 6, 2020
.I'm hoping for a bigger, faster approach
.rcd-middle muscle,
.ccj-jack's buffer while tom roams,
.last chance chol wing-where no one runs at u

crackertiger

Swan street 2017
Jan 4, 2003
melbourne
Not sure why people are asking for Caddy to return. Would be a step backwards in my opinion. Great servant and thank you but time to look forward.

Reactions: 5 users

Punt n Brunton

Tiger Purist
Sep 17, 2003
This game will tell us a great deal about where our gameplan is at. If the Bulldogs pick us apart with precision ball movement, and we can't shut them down defensively, there are big warning signs. I sense we are 'all in' on winning this game. No more cruising along hoping to claim an easy 4 points because we don't want to peak this early in the season. This will be a true test for the team and the 'system'. It's going to be a fascinating game as I reckon the Dogs are a genuine contender.

Reactions: 1 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
The Dogs are very good, but one thing they do is to over-possess. If we bring the heat and intercept like we can then we are a damned good chance despite the injuries.

DS

Reactions: 2 users
Feb 25, 2007
Happy for Riley, well-earnt debut. I'm hoping CCJ also comes in to give nank a chop out and to stretch the doggies backs.
Don't want to see Pickett rucking even though he has surprised in some rucking contests.

Ins: RCD, Ross and CCJ
Outs: Dusty, Lambert, Aarts

But think the match committee will go RCD and Ross in, with dusty & lambert out (in)

Last edited:

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
So it'll be in RCD Ross
out dusty lambo
Both Aarts and Houli have survived pretty ordinary contributions over a few weeks now.

There is a sameness about Dimma’s response to poor form. If he likes you he tries hard to keep you.
If you look at the basics of our game plan however it appears that Bachar has slowed up and is no longer the player he has been.
Aarts too has shown what he has.

Bulldogs will play tall.

Surely there is room for another tall in black and yellow?

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
I watched and it was very depressing.......can’t remember any Tiger highlights. It appeared that Melbourne were dominant everywhere.

No Tigers seemed to be knocking on the door of senior selection.
Still, I would like to see CCJ and RCD promoted, as they have shown promise in other games.

Will Martin probably deserves another go. The Port game was a tough initiation for him.

I think we are missing Fly’s coaching and wisdom in the VFL.
They all loved McCrae. Sadly missed

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
Changes for this week .
Go back to playing forwards inside F50. Eg Rioli , Aarts and Castagna playing high each week and therefore opponents drop off and create 3 on 1 against Lynch / Riewoldt as we saw last week
Richmond are too predictable as shown against Swans and Dees and were simply outcoached
Inside 50 count is good
Game plan needs tweaking at present

Reactions: 6 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Will be a hard tough game but if we bring the intensity and pressure we could beat the reigning back to back premiers.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Changes for this week .
Go back to playing forwards inside F50. Eg Rioli , Aarts and Castagna playing high each week and therefore opponents drop off and create 3 on 1 against Lynch / Riewoldt as we saw last week
Richmond are too predictable as shown against Swans and Dees and were simply outcoached
Inside 50 count is good
Game plan needs tweaking at present
Great point you make about small forwards pushing too far up the ground.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Daisy Peace THE only tipster tipping us.

great signs.

Reactions: 4 users