Changes for the grand final rematch v GWS | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes for the grand final rematch v GWS

Eric

Tiger Rookie
May 1, 2005
Richo says hi.

Richo has elite endurance. Something Balta lacks. He was also unbelievable at reading the play and a big enough attacking threat to not have to worry about the offensive impact of his opponent. Balta has looked best when the ball comes to him and while I think he will become a very good player I can’t see it being as a wing

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Gws are slow as dogs balls in there forward line.
No need for short.
Astbury plays on Cameron
Balta- Himmerberg
Grimes- Finlayson
Broad- Perryman
Baker-Hill or Daniels
BigV- Greene.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Astbury in for caddy. Got a couple of options - broad to the wing or baker to the forward line and george to the wing.

Reactions: 2 users

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
I think with the compressed games coming up that we will start to see players being managed through the process.

I would only play Astbury if I was really confident he was right to go. It hard not knowing what the schedule is for the next month or so.

i could see Lynch or Jack being rested at some stage.

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Zero chance any of those changes happening.
You honestly think we will rest Riewoldt and drop Rioli after losing 6 premiership players?
Riewoldt has been out of form for a very long time. He no longer gets separation, which has been the key to his success. He still has all the leading tricks but while his brain is still telling him what to do his legs can’t do it.
He is the Captain however and has been a wonderful player. I said I think he should go, not that I believe he will.
Rioli should go back ... the selectors would actually be doing him a favour.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
We still struggle with blokes that can take a mark in a pack.
Walker was like Carey.
And he still dropped 3 sitters.
We won't be that lucky against GWS.
Himmerberg, Cameron & Finlayson are capable of taking marks.
We need to ge strong in defence on Fridey night.

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
How is this game going still ahead in nsw is beyond a joke with all going on and us already in a hub in qld which is the safest state at the moment beyond a joke by the afl.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I forgot to mention
Spotless isn't Spotless.
Its the worse playing surface in the comp

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
How is this game going still ahead in nsw is beyond a joke with all going on and us already in a hub in qld which is the safest state at the moment beyond a joke by the afl.

Exactly the way Geelong got GC at home, when the others were scrabbling to get out of the state.
The game should in Queensland

daniel30

Tiger Superstar
Jun 14, 2010
We still struggle with blokes that can take a mark in a pack.
Walker was like Carey.
And he still dropped 3 sitters.
We won't be that lucky against GWS.
Himmerberg, Cameron & Finlayson are capable of taking marks.
We need to ge strong in defence on Fridey night.

We have did alright against them previously with Dave coming in most likely will be going a extra tall compared to the GF with Balta.Will back our system.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Agree Astbury for Caddy will be about it.

RCD & Naish must be starting to wonder if they have any future with us - cant find a role with Prestia, Cotchin, Edwards, Houli, Ellis & Caddy out of contention. Thats a damning stat for where they are at

Harsh!! Riley has been on the list for only 1 year of VFL development football, this year unfortunately is a write off for these guys trying to push their case.

Don't give me that Eggs, Chol, Aarts etc have gone past him :

Eggs, (22yo), drafted 2017, Chol, (23), drafted 2015 and Aarts is a 25 year old.

Riley, (20yo), drafted 2018.

Just because a couple of those boys came through academy's doesn't mean they deserve 4 or 5 years to develop and yet you are only giving Riley one :rolleyes:

Dimma did say in his last press conference he would love to get the likes of Riley in the side, my guess is they are waiting for Riley to tick one more box and that is getting from contest to contest and more 2 way running, (having no VFL is a huge impediment to improving and monitoring this area).

This is hardly a surprising area of required improvement as it was Riley's biggest weakness coming out of the draft combine where he was bottom 20% in 2km time trial. This will take several pre-seasons to build to required levels although he would be getting games with lesser clubs.

Once this contract freeze is over Riley would be the 1st player I would sign up, will be a inside bull that can spread in time IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
No need to state the obvious there Easy.
But there are now 35 players in the hub with some in recovery and the other 5 or 6 struggling hard to get into the team.
That is in fact an excellent dynamic to help Daniel refocus on his footy and what he needs to get back to form.
The selectors would be doing him a favour.

• Wow

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Saints apparently flying to Adelaide this arvo, for tonight's game, and back to QLD tomorrow morning.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
If we bring DTLD in for Caddy we are going to get even quicker.
Maybe Dave can play wing. Give him a haircut and a leg tatt and it will be hard to tell the difference.

• Haha

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
I HAVE NO worry whats so ever on loosing naish,rcd, both will be good footballers who will stay,theb one i worry about loosing is callum cloeman-jones,could be anything.

Reactions: 1 users