Changes for the grand final rematch v GWS | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes for the grand final rematch v GWS

Your right Hocking is clueless but this decision is Travis Auld's. He is an absolute *smile*

I understand the club are fuming and may send a VFL team in protest

Don't blame them.
Each player at GWS has been sleeping in there own bed and has been able to move around Sydney freely.
Why they fixtured us going there has me dumbfounded.
Huge difference in venues regarding the result

Finlayson will be hoping like hell that DTLD isn’t selected. He’d still be having nightmares about the GF.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Fake News!

False advertising!
It really is shocking to look at our list compared to a few years ago.

With all the outs we have atm, we lose Caddy and a simple like-for-like gives us the chance to see any of Ross, Stack, Markov, Naish, Dow, RCD, Turner, English or as a long shot any of the newbies like Ralfsmith, Martyn or Cumberland.

It'll probably just be an Astbury return but I'm totally stunned by the fact our recruiting is so good that we STILL have half a dozen valid options.

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone know whats happening with Tickets for Friday's game. Cant see anything on the club website and Ticketmaster not showing anything either. No emails to members from the club who live in Sydney
We're Sydney resident members & received emails yesterday with barcodes to enter a ballot for Friday night tickets, 1 per member, no guests. Ballot closes noon tomorrow, 21/07. Outcome known late Wednesday, early Thursday 23/07.

We're Sydney resident members & received emails yesterday with barcodes to enter a ballot for Friday night tickets, 1 per member, no guests. Ballot closes noon tomorrow, 21/07. Outcome known late Wednesday, early Thursday 23/07.
Gee I didnt get those. Will call the club tomorrow morning. Thx for the information.

How is this game going still ahead in nsw is beyond a joke with all going on and us already in a hub in qld which is the safest state at the moment beyond a joke by the afl.

AFL do some stupid things, the fixture was released last Monday when NSW was going through a spike about 10-15 a day. Today it was 20.
They knew it but still scheduled us to play in Sydney, we should be playing GWS in QLD.

I HAVE NO worry whats so ever on loosing naish,rcd, both will be good footballers who will stay,theb one i worry about loosing is callum cloeman-jones,could be anything.

CCJ is the bloke GWS are rumoured to be heavily into at the moment too. offering long term deal.

Reactions: 1 user
CCJ is the bloke GWS are rumoured to be heavily into at the moment too. offering long term deal.

CCJ is gone unfortunately. Hardwick has messed this one up. We don’t have a good history with SA ruckman. Clarke, Ottens and now CCJ stars at other clubs. Good news is GWS have plenty of currency to trade with. I‘d be insisting on Green in return.

Reality is he has played 1 game of AFL . Doesn’t know if he is a ruckman or forward or both ? . If he doesn’t get a game this year . Interesting times ahead . Long term deal ? Wouldn’t of thought so . Two years at a club who will give him the opportunity to develop his games and actually play a few games in a row . Unlikely to get that if we are injury free moving forward . I suggest if he doesn’t get offered a contract next year or is unhappy with what Richmond may put forward , he will explore opportunities elsewhere. Potential is there but needs the game time to develop further

no change again this week i reckon. Rioli should be dropped, but won't. Balta has been good and I would give Astbury another week off in preparation for the compacted run of games coming up.

money is with GWS at the moment- love the underdog status

Our record up there hasn't been late in recent years. we've lost a couple of close ones in 2017 and 2018 and got flogged last year.

Tige's haven't beaten anyone of note yet and lost to Hawthorn and Saints, 1st real test since those loses.

Reactions: 4 users
straight swap for Tom Green

makes perfect sense GWS would target CCJ.

Their 1st and 2nd rucks are 66 years old.

and yes, Tom Green would be the fair and only price.

realistic too I reckon

then with a 10 year midfield of $hai, Green, Dow, Ross, Stack, RCD,

we could play Jake Aarts in the ruck and it wouldnt make any difference.

although with our 1st, 2nd and 3rd ruck age totalling less than GWS's 2,

we haven't really got a rucking worry in the world.

makes perfect sense GWS would target CCJ.

Their 1st and 2nd rucks are 66 years old.

and yes, Tom Green would be the fair and only price.

realistic too I reckon

then with a 10 year midfield of $hai, Green, Dow, Ross, Stack, RCD,

we could play Jake Aarts in the ruck and it wouldnt make any difference.

although with our 1st, 2nd and 3rd ruck age totalling less than GWS's 2,

we haven't really got a rucking worry in the world.

If I were the Swans, from our list I would target both CJ, (they have no rucks whatsoever), and RCD as a Kennedy replacement, they would think they would be able to get them relatively cheaply.
Luckily CJ is contracted till 2021, hopefully now that player contract signing freeze is over they can stitch up the likes of Riley too.

Last edited:
CCJ is gone unfortunately. Hardwick has messed this one up. We don’t have a good history with SA ruckman. Clarke, Ottens and now CCJ stars at other clubs. Good news is GWS have plenty of currency to trade with. I‘d be insisting on Green in return.

you're funny.