Changes v Bombers | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes v Bombers

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
If Graham plays I think Ross becomes the sub. If Graham is out, Ross will come in and Aarts will be the sub. Clarke and Banks ain't going to be the sub.
Hard to disagree with that, but I thought the club had finally moved on from the likes of Jake.

Reactions: 1 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Can’t believe Castsgna wasn’t dropped for Cumberland. Surely Cumberland can provide the offensive and defensive running that George does. Oh wait….

Noah Cumberland (13 disposals, four marks, three goals)

"Another player that was involved in a strong collision. Offensively, he was very good on the day, he can do things that many players can't. I'm really looking forward to seeing a strong improvement in the defensive side of his game, which we know he's capable of."

Reactions: 4 users
Feb 25, 2007
Hard to disagree with that, but I thought the club had finally moved on from the likes of Jake.

Spot on! With the ressies playing ESS on the MCG 2.45 pm, perhaps the match committee wanted dow, collier dawkins, ralphsmith and stack to play a full game and happy for Aarts to be the sub.

Reactions: 2 users

jackfrost

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2007
Los Angeles, California
Majorly disappointed to see Tarrant back in and Biggie OUT ! ... :mad:

For the life of me I do NOT see a single positive about Tarrant's game that can help us going forward ...... and I'm trying very very hard to be totally diplomatic towards the guy too.

• Love

Tigaman

Tiger Champion
May 23, 2010
Yep Tarrant stood out at LoL Norf because the pill entered there backline that many times he just had to get quite a few touches. At Punt Road it is a different kettle of fish. At his age he must count his lucky stars that he is playing against an really out of sorts Bombers outfit.

tropicaltiger

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Jan 11, 2003
cairns
Majorly disappointed to see Tarrant back in and Biggie OUT ! ... :mad:

For the life of me I do NOT see a single positive about Tarrant's game that can help us going forward ...... and I'm trying very very hard to be totally diplomatic towards the guy too.
tarrant will be ok with both grimes and vloss working with him

Tigers2011

What did I miss dad?
May 6, 2007
Mt Waverley, Victoria
Selections logical but thought Stack may have been made emergency.

Agree with Biggy being dropped. While athletic & can see the player he might become, there’s still a lot of development to do. He’s not AFL level yet. Last week would have told him that.

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
We have had a few others included since he went out to be fair.

Not saying he makes us lose.

I'm saying he doesn't help us win.

Genuinely, I'm not sure how he's a better option than Miller or Biggie.

Future: No
Stops a tall: No
Intercept marking: No
Run: No
Distributing: No

Where's the upside?

Reactions: 1 user

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017

Where's the upside?
Yeh, no doubting he's been very underwhelming.

But, he has played very good football not long ago, much better than what Miller/Biggie are capable of at this stage. We are shooting for a flag, if Tarrant can rediscover his mojo its a big bonus.

If he plays like he has the first 7 rounds I'd prefer he be Capuanoed though.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015

Where's the upside?
Bigger body, hopefully uses his experience to block Peter Wright's run at the ball?

bugsy

TIGERISING
Jul 31, 2004
Experience and depth. Allows more time for Miller, Biggie boy and Gibcus to settle in and harden up to the rigours of winter season footy.

Some people have written him off very quickly but not me…. yet at least. I think he will pay his way still.

Reactions: 1 user

Tiger Superstar
Feb 28, 2008
Bigger body, hopefully uses his experience to block Peter Wright's run at the ball?
That'd be the thinking.
2mP in the form of his career.
Tarrant recruited to play on the experienced gorilla's.
2mP too big a challenge for Biggy (or Miller) at this stage.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Jordan Ridley, Essendon's best defender out due to H & S protocols.

Reactions: 4 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Yeh, no doubting he's been very underwhelming.

But, he has played very good football not long ago, much better than what Miller/Biggie are capable of at this stage. We are shooting for a flag, if Tarrant can rediscover his mojo its a big bonus.

If he plays like he has the first 7 rounds I'd prefer he be Capuanoed though.
I reckon his poor form is being overstated a bit.
He was good against the blues, ok against Giants, ok against the Saints until he left at 3/4 time with the rest of the team, decent against the dogs, then poor against the crows, and the dees.
while age is catching up with him, for the most part he has restricted his opponents from kicking goals, and while i was hoping Biggie would play again, i can understand why we havent gone with Gibcus and Biggie as our 2 tall backs.