Changes vs Port | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes vs Port

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
In Lynch Balta Pickett Stack Cumberland

Out Castagna Ross Edwards Tarrant MJ

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
In Lynch (if fit), Ryan (2nd ruck), Pickett, Balta (if fit), Lambert (if fit)

Out Soldo, Castagna, Ross, Tarrant,

The 5th out for Lambert I'm not sure about, probably either Shedda (who was ok, but could play as sub) or Hugo but I thought both were pretty good, but if Lambo is ready to go, he has to play. He makes us so much better.

pete and tys

Tiger Superstar
Feb 19, 2009
Seriously..I have lost interest.
The line has been crossed .

AFL is now entertainment theatre with scripted outcomes.

It is insulting to football fans and in my view a reflection of current agenda nonsense and superficial behaviour with a lack of genuine honesty.

I am disgusted by recent outcomes and will now follow Storm.
AFL can keep their contrived crap.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users

Broders

Tiger Superstar
Jul 29, 2012
In Lynch (if fit), Ryan (2nd ruck), Pickett, Balta (if fit), Lambert (if fit)

Out Soldo, Castagna, Ross, Tarrant,

The 5th out for Lambert I'm not sure about, probably either Shedda (who was ok, but could play as sub) or Hugo but I thought both were pretty good, but if Lambo is ready to go, he has to play. He makes us so much better.
I doubt we’ll see Lambo until much later in the season if at all.
Dimma’s comments about Lambo saying “I think I’m done” sounded to me like a bloke who knew his career is over

• Sad
Reactions: 1 user

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
vs Port
Grimes Balta Broad
DRioli Vlastuin Baker
Pickett Cotchin McIntosh
Stack Bolton MRioli
Gibcus Riewoldt Martin

Nank Short Graham
Soldo Prestia Edwards Ralphsmith

Bill Haverchuck

Tiger Superstar
Jun 27, 2011
In Balta Pickett Dow Stack/cumberland/clarke
Out Edwards George(mike) Ross Soldo

Is 8 talls too much? Can Balta play as second ruck from the backline?
We clearly need more pace/run

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
Seriously..I have lost interest.
The line has been crossed .

AFL is now entertainment theatre with scripted outcomes.

It is insulting to football fans and in my view a reflection of current agenda nonsense and superficial behaviour with a lack of genuine honesty.

I am disgusted by recent outcomes and will now follow Storm.
AFL can keep their contrived crap.
Seriously,you need to re think.If after this blip in the radar you intend to watch neanderthals try to play sport go ahead.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

pete and tys

Tiger Superstar
Feb 19, 2009
Seriously,you need to re think.If after this blip in the radar you intend to watch neanderthals try to play sport go ahead.
At least it is genuine and not a contrived and fabricated result.

Reactions: 1 users

pete and tys

Tiger Superstar
Feb 19, 2009
PS
. I love the Tigers and have followed them through good and bad times for 55 years.
I was at the MCG to Save our Skin..
We had 8000 members at that time.
I hate AFL 2022.

Reactions: 11 users

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
PS
. I love the Tigers and have followed them through good and bad times for 55 years.
I hate AFL 2022.
It is that very fact you were there at SOS you need to hang in and keep the faith. I was there also shaking cans and the rest,Do not let those fleas at AFL bite you.One thing for sure the Tiges will outlast any toe rag that currently sits on the board.Storm my arse!

Reactions: 12 users

tora

Tiger Rookie
Dec 10, 2021
PS
I hate AFL 2022.
I've followed the club since the early 70s too. But big chunks of time not being in Australia, not being in Melbourne, not being into footy. Off and on being a member. I feel fresh I'm in NSW now so away from the spotlight.
VFL's been mucking around with rules since year dot. I liked one umpire. I was interested in the whole Whately state of the game changes. It seemed thorough but then they introduced them without trialling them and they didn't have the expected results I knew that capricious rule changing is just something I'd have to deal with 666, Stand, 50s for dissent. I'm from the era where the only stat was goal kicking. I couldn't care about free kick differential. The club is on the wrong side of some stats. If our admin aren't worried about it then thats good enough for me. Dimma, Cotch, Balme Peggy and Benny are saints to me. Saved our club. Made it respected.
The dissent 50m penalty is harsh but if it filters down to lower levels too. Then we might avert a crisis in umpire numbers. (2 field umps around here. Usually no boundary umps so they ball it up instead of boundary throw ins)
Watching the Richmond in the AFLW broadens my perspective too. Have a break from footy for a year.
INS Lynch, Pickett, Balta. OUTS: Soldo, HRS/Ross, Kmac/George

Last edited:

achillesjones

"just kick it to Royce"
Apr 19, 2004
The law of unintended consequence has hit the umpiring fraternity very hard. More stupid rules like Stand and don't remonstrate has put the men in flouro in the spotlight more than ever. Too many frees. Too many umpires. A wise man said all games should be umpired in the spirit of a grand final. Pay the obvious frees and don't try to make the Razor Ray types the centre of attention.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users

Tortured Tiger

Junior Development - The Tigers key to success !!
Jan 24, 2005
How about not giving stupid 50M penalties away for petulance
In fairness they are only doing what they have been instructed. Apparently a lot of the senior umpires don’t like it either.

Reactions: 1 user