Changes vs Port | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes vs Port

Seriously..I have lost interest.
The line has been crossed .

AFL is now entertainment theatre with scripted outcomes.

It is insulting to football fans and in my view a reflection of current agenda nonsense and superficial behaviour with a lack of genuine honesty.

I am disgusted by recent outcomes and will now follow Storm.
AFL can keep their contrived crap.
Yeah, shame. Good luck with it. Gutsy.

Now, back to the ins and outs.

I don't think dropping Soldo for Ryan is an answer MrPosh. He had a bad game (in a stupid strategy) but NankDo has been doing well.

In Lynch (if fit), Pickett, Balta (if fit)
Out Castagna, Ross, Tarrant

Reactions: 1 user

I don't think dropping Soldo for Ryan is an answer MrPosh. He had a bad game (in a stupid strategy) but NankDo has been doing well.

See my reasoning as to why though. Its not that Nankdo (as you call them, I prefer Nandos) isn't working in the middle. Its when Soldo isn't in the middle that the problem arises. He's either ineffectual forward (can't even perform a defensive blocking role) or he sits on the pine stealing minutes from our older mids.

I like Soldo and think he is a good 1st ruck, but thats Nanks role and he is better at it than Soldo, so Soldo needs to be the one thats considered. Either Balta or Ryan should be given a chance to take that role. Both have good tanks, both can impact when forward. We need to find a way where we can keep our 2nd ruck on the field for as long as possible 80%+ TOG. Soldo has never done that for the above reasons and thats why I feel he needs to drop out of the lineup.

Call it a team balance thing. I think its more than just Ryan / Balta doing better at that role than Soldo, they may only do the ruck role as well or slightly better, but I feel the overall team benefits more from any drop off, with the additional flexibility that either Balta or Ryan would in that role.

BTW Ross was similar against Sydney - only 64% TOG I think. Was he injured at any point does anyone know? It seems more of a one-off with him, but if he cannot run out 80%+ TOG, then he cannot play. Those minutes always get stolen from our older mids who need the additional recovery minutes.

See my reasoning as to why though. Its not that Nankdo (as you call them, I prefer Nandos) isn't working in the middle. Its when Soldo isn't in the middle that the problem arises. He's either ineffectual forward (can't even perform a defensive blocking role) or he sits on the pine stealing minutes from our older mids.

I like Soldo and think he is a good 1st ruck, but thats Nanks role and he is better at it than Soldo, so Soldo needs to be the one thats considered. Either Balta or Ryan should be given a chance to take that role. Both have good tanks, both can impact when forward. We need to find a way where we can keep our 2nd ruck on the field for as long as possible 80%+ TOG. Soldo has never done that for the above reasons and thats why I feel he needs to drop out of the lineup.

Call it a team balance thing. I think its more than just Ryan / Balta doing better at that role than Soldo, they may only do the ruck role as well or slightly better, but I feel the overall team benefits more from any drop off, with the additional flexibility that either Balta or Ryan would in that role.

BTW Ross was similar against Sydney - only 64% TOG I think. Was he injured at any point does anyone know? It seems more of a one-off with him, but if he cannot run out 80%+ TOG, then he cannot play. Those minutes always get stolen from our older mids who need the additional recovery minutes.
Yeah, I with you on Soldo, but he has had effective forward minutes when he's chopping Jack or Lynch out. Whether he can get to 80% though, not sure. Nank isn't good enough in the middle to cover the weaknesses of our inside mid brigade, not sure we can win games with just Nank, and Ryan..., he's not a future champion waiting in the wings unfortunately. I like Nandos by the way, but I'm sticking with Nankdo.

People dislike Trent Cotchin because they are envious of his achievements.
Their opinions are meaningless.
Water off a duck's back.
He is a triple premiership captain, in the rare air of greats like Hodge and Voss.
I cannot think off the top of my head of the predecessor to Voss, if there was a triple premiership captain in the 1990s.
Selwood is not a premiership captain.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
A wise man said all games should be umpired in the spirit of a grand final. Pay the obvious frees and don't try to make the Razor Ray types the centre of attention.
Bloke has obviously never had any involvement at AFL H.Q.

Unfortunately when you have a company where the H.O. is filled with highly paid and important executives the first rule that goes in the bin is K.I.S.S. as the suits are all desperately justifying their existence by making *smile* up.

Reactions: 2 users

This would be the three easiest, most impactful changes in history.

Bloke has obviously never had any involvement at AFL H.Q.

Unfortunately when you have a company where the H.O. is filled with highly paid and important executives the first rule that goes in the bin is K.I.S.S. as the suits are all desperately justifying their existence by making *smile* up.
I think the rules need pairing back

1. If he gets a coathanger, he gets a ‘free’ kick.
2. If he ducks, it’s play on
3. If they hold each other - play on
4. Get rid of the block
5. Bring back the 15m

A win v port is really really important
Away from home they’ve beaten
Saints in cairns
North in Tasmania

At home they beat ess bulldogs and WCE

Last edited:
I think the rules need pairing back

1. If he gets a coathanger, he gets a ‘free’ kick.
2. If he ducks, it’s play on
3. If they hold each other - play on
4. Get rid of the block
5. Bring back the 15m
I have been saying for ages to bring the 15m penalty back. 50 is way to harsh for most of the decisions they are giving it for.

Think I picked up in one of Dimmas comments that Tom would be more likely available for the game after Port - Carlton (also a Thursday night).

Yeah, I with you on Soldo, but he has had effective forward minutes when he's chopping Jack or Lynch out. Whether he can get to 80% though, not sure. Nank isn't good enough in the middle to cover the weaknesses of our inside mid brigade, not sure we can win games with just Nank, and Ryan..., he's not a future champion waiting in the wings unfortunately. I like Nandos by the way, but I'm sticking with Nankdo.
Wasn't there a movie called Shark-Nankdo?