Changes vs Port | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Changes vs Port

Seriously..I have lost interest.
The line has been crossed .

AFL is now entertainment theatre with scripted outcomes.

It is insulting to football fans and in my view a reflection of current agenda nonsense and superficial behaviour with a lack of genuine honesty.

I am disgusted by recent outcomes and will now follow Storm.
AFL can keep their contrived crap.
20 bucks u watch & cheer every game

The injury report has Balta 1-2 weeks away. He did this hammy on the 14th May, the Port game is 9th June, 1 week away. That’d be a 26 day break.

It also has Lynch as 2-3 weeks away.

The injury report has Balta 1-2 weeks away. He did this hammy on the 14th May, the Port game is 9th June, 1 week away. That’d be a 26 day break.

It also has Lynch as 2-3 weeks away.

Looks like Balta will be back for Port game.
In: Pickett Balta Dow
Out: Cumberland Ross Tarrant Soldo

Looks like Balta will be back for Port game.
In: Pickett Balta Dow
Out: Cumberland Ross Tarrant Soldo

Good changes. Surely we don't play Soldo forward again assuming Lynch doesnt get up. Do we go Balta forward/ruck and leave Tarrant in? Or Bauer in for Soldo and leave Nank as ruck with Balta down back and chopping out in the ruck? Port ruck stocks very weak.

Soldo and Nank tandm ruck give us 4 wins and a 6 point loss over the last 5. Yes, Soldo did not work on a slippery SCG deck last Friday but I like the double ruckmen and we look poor without a real ruckman in the middle.

For me v Port in 7 days
In: Pickett, Balta
Out:Ross, Tarrant

Lynch and Lambert in for Carlton (optimistic)

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Hoping we get Pickett and Balta back in.

Feels like these two give us grunt, power and speed at ground level. Rare combo.

Tarrant back to the scoobs for Balta. Not to sure who goes out for Pickett but it happens.

Reactions: 1 users

Feels like these two give us grunt, power and speed at ground level. Rare combo.

Tarrant back to the scoobs for Balta. Not to sure who goes out for Pickett but it happens.
Using a horses for courses approach, Tarrant would be perfect to take Charlie Dixon and Balta could swing between defence and forward depending on how the game pans out.

Reactions: 1 user

Ross for Pickett.

Rossy had a mare and Hugo provides run and hits the scoreboard with regularity.

Using a horses for courses approach, Tarrant would be perfect to take Charlie Dixon and Balta could swing between defence and forward depending on how the game pans out.

I would do this with Tarrant against Port and play Balta as ruck / forward in place of Soldo.

Might be different against the Cats, although I think Tarrant would be a good match up for the Shover.
I don't think we'll need Tarrant against Carlton, so as you say, could be a few horses for courses games where we select Tarrant where we need him on those power forwards. He did well a couple of weeks ago on Peter Wright. Thats is MO I believe.

20 bucks u watch & cheer every game
I'll double it and take that bet any day of the week.

I struggle to watch a full tigers game nowadays. I check the scores on the web, I look at various players stats. Then I come here.
Some games, I don't watch at all. The game has lost significant interest for me.

I went to a few games in 2017-18. 5 across both years perhaps, mainly finals. I don't use my membership, or barely use.
19 I didn't really go to many, maybe 2.
2020 - obviously none.
21 - 2 games, Carlton and Swans.
22 - 0 games.

The AFL has turned me off, and has been for years (look for my posts back in 2015 and 16 saying the same thing). If it wasn't for the Tigers
winning, I'd probably have dropped off completely.

• Sad
Reactions: 6 users
We're not far off full strength. Not many excuses. Need to start banking wins whilst we have a relatively healthy list or this season could become another struggle.

I'll double it and take that bet any day of the week.

I struggle to watch a full tigers game nowadays. I check the scores on the web, I look at various players stats. Then I come here.
Some games, I don't watch at all. The game has lost significant interest for me.

I went to a few games in 2017-18. 5 across both years perhaps, mainly finals. I don't use my membership, or barely use.
19 I didn't really go to many, maybe 2.
2020 - obviously none.
21 - 2 games, Carlton and Swans.
22 - 0 games.

The AFL has turned me off, and has been for years (look for my posts back in 2015 and 16 saying the same thing). If it wasn't for the Tigers
winning, I'd probably have dropped off completely.

try the dees - they win a lot.

try the dees - they win a lot.
It's not about winning mate. I resent the inference, it's offensive.

As you could see from my post, I was already losing interest before the we started to win. It was the fact something I'd hoped for all my life happened that kept me excited. The fact was, soon after that, as the AFL started changing rules to try undermine us, it became a bit of "oh yeah, that's right. These guys suck at running a competition. I remember where I was now." Shiney new things distracted me from the malaise.

I used to sponsor players in the Wallet and early Dimma eras. and contribute - for me - a significant amount of cash in donations to the club through their fundraising channels. I now have a 3 game membership, and have done ever since 2015.

What I didn't like before we won Premierships, was how the AFL kept manipulating outcomes to try get GCS to win. The way the Demons were having the league intervene, helping them get coaches and administrators in to fix the club. At the same time, we'd struggle for much the same reason as the Dees, and Carlton (mismanagement) but there wasn't a hell of a lot of help coming out way. The reason why 2017 is such a triumph, is that we managed to pull something together in spite of what the AFL were doing.

The Brandon Ellis compensation, the stand rule, the arbitrary rules on the run (Geelong trading away a bunch of first round picks, then having a "reinterpretation" of the rule so they could bring back G Ablett Jr), the list could go on and on. The AFL have tried to limit our success, and they certainly didn't give us as much support as other clubs got to get out of the hole. We made our success, we tried to keep it going. They've done all the could to end it, and at the same time, made the game ugly to watch.

I think I've said a very long time ago, the AFL is a contrived competition, run by a bunch of "old boys" who bury anything negative about them, have too much virtue signalling, I still haven't bought the book discussing the shady nature of the AFL by M Warner, mainly because it would probably make me angrier than I am today. Nothing that is happening today is addressing any of the concerns either.

Reactions: 17 users
It's not about winning mate. I resent the inference, it's offensive.

As you could see from my post, I was already losing interest before the we started to win. It was the fact something I'd hoped for all my life happened that kept me excited. The fact was, soon after that, as the AFL started changing rules to try undermine us, it became a bit of "oh yeah, that's right. These guys suck at running a competition. I remember where I was now." Shiney new things distracted me from the malaise.

I used to sponsor players in the Wallet and early Dimma eras. and contribute - for me - a significant amount of cash in donations to the club through their fundraising channels. I now have a 3 game membership, and have done ever since 2015.

What I didn't like before we won Premierships, was how the AFL kept manipulating outcomes to try get GCS to win. The way the Demons were having the league intervene, helping them get coaches and administrators in to fix the club. At the same time, we'd struggle for much the same reason as the Dees, and Carlton (mismanagement) but there wasn't a hell of a lot of help coming out way. The reason why 2017 is such a triumph, is that we managed to pull something together in spite of what the AFL were doing.

The Brandon Ellis compensation, the stand rule, the arbitrary rules on the run (Geelong trading away a bunch of first round picks, then having a "reinterpretation" of the rule so they could bring back G Ablett Jr), the list could go on and on. The AFL have tried to limit our success, and they certainly didn't give us as much support as other clubs got to get out of the hole. We made our success, we tried to keep it going. They've done all the could to end it, and at the same time, made the game ugly to watch.

I think I've said a very long time ago, the AFL is a contrived competition, run by a bunch of "old boys" who bury anything negative about them, have too much virtue signalling, I still haven't bought the book discussing the shady nature of the AFL by M Warner, mainly because it would probably make me angrier than I am today. Nothing that is happening today is addressing any of the concerns either.
General I agree with a lot you wrote there.

The game has become difficult to watch.

Hair pulling, loss of hair and at times losing the plot( pure frustration).

I use to watch & listen to every game. The last two years it’s changed. Not because of the Tigers, not because of Covid, just the many things General noted.

It’s just about $ and the next AFL package with prove that!

Reactions: 2 users
Noticed many have forgotten George *smile* house pathetic performance against the Swans
Shirley George gets dropped

In Pickett Balta
Out George Tarrant