Christianity | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Christianity

cassady

You took my dreams from me when i first found you
Nov 22, 2004
Floating
Jayfox, where do you stand on abortion and euthanasia, if u don't mind me asking?

cassady

You took my dreams from me when i first found you
Nov 22, 2004
Floating
and sex before marriage, and marriage generally and the role of women in society and capital punishment.

what about those issues man?

jayfox

Tiger Champion
Nov 11, 2003
cassady said:
Jayfox, where do you stand on abortion and euthanasia, if u don't mind me asking?

Very interesting topics Casablanca. I don't believe in abortion as I feel that no matter when you kill a foetus that their life has begun. We wouldn't kill a newborn baby so why is it ok when their life has started in the womb? It does bring about other interesting topics such as pregnancy by rape etc. but my belief remains the same. It is not the unborn childs fault that the mother was raped so why kill it? Hopefully in situations like that some good (i.e. mother and baby relationship) can come out of an incredibly evil situation.

With regards to Euthanasia, I don't believe it is our decision to decide when we die. I believe that decision should be left to God. I don't support suicide for the same reason. I also believe that what we do on Earth has consequences after we die so I cant support killing yourself. I can understand that this may touch a nerve with some people and I have seen my own Grandparents suffer greatly in older life but, the way I believe, they were in God's hands and he qould take them when he was ready for them. I appreciated every last moment he gave me with them though and they really taught me something about living a happy life no matter how great your suffering.

jayfox

Tiger Champion
Nov 11, 2003
cassady said:
and sex before marriage, and marriage generally and the role of women in society and capital punishment.

what about those issues man?

I don't believe in sex before marriage as I belive it SHOULD be a union only between Man and Wife. I am not sure what you are asking me about marriage but I am married with a child who is one in 2 weeks.
Womens roles in society are changing and I am fine with that. My wife worked right up until the birth of our child and will continue to work after he gets a bit older too.
If you mean Capital punishment as in the cane at school, disciplining kids by smacking etc. I am in favour of it. If you mean the death penalty then I am not. I don't think, no matter what a person has done, it gives us the right to kill them in return.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
cassady said:

Personally, in the case of a) if it lessens the chance of anymore David Bourke types playing for Richmond and in the case of b) its what Lou Richards wants… then I’m all for both practices.

How about you guys stop skirting around the real issues and give us your thoughts on the big topics such as:

1) Why does God hate Richmond ? and;
2) Why does He still refuse to smite Collingwood ?

jayfox

Tiger Champion
Nov 11, 2003
Redford said:
cassady said:

Personally, in the case of a) if it lessens the chance of anymore David Bourke types playing for Richmond and in the case of b) its what Lou Richards wants… then I’m all for both practices.

How about you guys stop skirting around the real issues and give us your thoughts on the big topics such as:

1) Why does God hate Richmond ? and;
2) Why does He still refuse to smite Collingwood ?

I hadn't thought of it like that Richford. You provide 2 very good examples of why they should be allowed!
As for why does God hate Richmond, I think that even God was disappointed when we nominated Frawley as coach after having Walls and Geischen. He likes Terry though, how else do you explain such an even tan!

poppa x

Tiger Legend
May 28, 2004
Mt Waverley
According to the believers, God is all knowing, all powerful and seriously cares about we mortals.
And every day we see humans committing atrocities in his/her name.
Now stop and think about this.  Don't you think (logically) that He/She would put an end to this mayhem by revealing Him/Her self?
But God apparently is happy to allow people to committ mass murder, rape and pillage in God's name and look silently on from afar.
Why is this?  Is he/she so uncaring that he/she thinks it's OK to remain silent.  To say nothing when woman are burnt at the stake? To keep lips sealed when suicide bombers strike?  To allow children to suffer?

Why does he/she not reveal him/her self so we can all see the light and put an end to this madness?

Or could it be that this whole God caper is just a load of bollocks designed by people who don't want us to fully enjoy our time on earth?

jayfox

Tiger Champion
Nov 11, 2003
poppa x said:
According to the believers, God is all knowing, all powerful and seriously cares about we mortals.
And every day we see humans committing atrocities in his/her name.
Now stop and think about this. Don't you think (logically) that He/She would put an end to this mayhem by revealing Him/Her self?
But God apparently is happy to allow people to committ mass murder, rape and pillage in God's name and look silently on from afar.
Why is this? Is he/she so uncaring that he/she thinks it's OK to remain silent. To say nothing when woman are burnt at the stake? To keep lips sealed when suicide bombers strike? To allow children to suffer?

Why does he/she not reveal him/her self so we can all see the light and put an end to this madness?

Or could it be that this whole God caper is just a load of bollocks designed by people who don't want us to fully enjoy our time on earth?

God gives me a purpose to our time on Earth. My faith doesn't stop me enjoying Earth one little bit, in fact it adds immensely to the enjoyment. My day-to-day life is probably not that different from yours Papa Smurf. It says in the Bible that there will be many trials and tribulations, particulalry in the last days before Christ does come back to Earth. If you look deeply into it, it is absolutely amazing how Bible prophesy is coming true today. As for why God doesn't intervene in every evil act that man does, well, where would it stop? As I said before he gives us all a free will and we will be judged on the decisions we make in this life. Those who commit the sins you have mentioned will be judged accordingly. And the pain and suffering that we feel on this Earth is but a blink of an eye compared to eternity. That is why, I believe, it is important to stay faithful even during times of trouble that you cannot understand.

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
good point pop, I was thinking about that myself.  Why do the poor and oppressed cop the brunt of war and disaster, while the wealthy, who are often responsible, sit smug and pretty?  But it might be god scooping up the poor for a cushy home-theatre recliner-chair in heaven, with unlimited Golden Gaytimes and veal parmagianas, while the rich and greedy head down that fiery escelator for all eternity.  The thought does have its attractions.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Good to see you’re enjoying Earth Gluebox……

Shoebox, in you professional opinion, how do you reckon I’ll go with the Big Fella ? Do you reckon the time I threw a water balloon (full of something that wasn’t water) at Craig Kelly will count against me when my time comes ? Thanks.

poppa x

Tiger Legend
May 28, 2004
Mt Waverley
Try and think of one pleasurable human activity that the god-fearing people have not tried to stop or limit.
And before you say "footy" - they tried to stoo it being played on Sundays for more than 50 years - before sanity finally prevailed.  And even now Good Friday is a no-no.

jayfox

Tiger Champion
Nov 11, 2003
poppa x said:
Try and think of one pleasurable human activity that the god-fearing people have not tried to stop or limit.
And before you say "footy" - they tried to stoo it being played on Sundays for more than 50 years - before sanity finally prevailed. And even now Good Friday is a no-no.

Spending time with your family and friends.

jayfox

Tiger Champion
Nov 11, 2003
Redford said:

Shoebox, in you professional opinion, how do you reckon I’ll go with the Big Fella ? Do you reckon the time I threw a water balloon (full of something that wasn’t water) at Craig Kelly will count against me when my time comes ? Thanks.

No idea how you will go Bratford, I don't know you well enough. Maybe we need to catch up for that beer you have been promising me for ages and I will let you know. ;D Nah, I'm glad it's not my decision to make because you seem like a good bloke and I'd hate to have to fry you!

P.S. Is the Craig Kelly story really true?

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
jayfox said:
Redford said:

No idea how you will go Bratford, I don't know you well enough. Maybe we need to catch up for that beer you have been promising me for ages and I will let you know.   ;D Nah, I'm glad it's not my decision to make because you seem like a good bloke and I'd hate to have to fry you!

P.S. Is the Craig Kelly story really true?

What do you take me for playbox !! Of course its not true. As if I’d need to use a balloon…..geez.

poppa x

Tiger Legend
May 28, 2004
Mt Waverley
And before you say "footy" - they tried to stoo it being played on Sundays for more than 50 years - before sanity finally prevailed.  And even now Good Friday is a no-no.

Sorry but my one of daughter's gay and history has shown she would be burnt at the stake thus depriving me of the pleasure of her company.

Try again.

jayfox

Tiger Champion
Nov 11, 2003
poppa x said:
And before you say "footy" - they tried to stoo it being played on Sundays for more than 50 years - before sanity finally prevailed. And even now Good Friday is a no-no.

Sorry but my one of daughter's gay and history has shown she would be burnt at the stake thus depriving me of the pleasure of her company.

Try again.

I personally really enjoy time with my family and friends. It's a shame you don't.

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
Redford said:
What do you take me for playbox !! Of course its not true. As if I’d need to use a  balloon…..geez. 

ahahahahaha,some of your better work.

You're definately Penske material.