Clubs delistings | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Clubs delistings

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
leon said:
Surely we can cover him via Markov, BEllis and Menadue, at least short-term? Have hopes Markov will make it myself, the type to take the game on too.
[/quote

I agree, would much rather take a ready made midfielder, though we'd probably need to take them as a rookie.

Lonergan, Lovell or Partington would fit the bill.

We have 9 list spots still to fill (1 may be Towner), I'd be happy to take 1 or 2 retreads in the midfield.

Campbell may be an option but is he a better ption than re-rookiing Chol or giving CCJ a shot in the event that Nank gets an injury? We still have Soldo on the list too.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
bullus_hit said:
Mitch Hibberd just did a medical with Port, perfect replacement for Pittard & a player who will come dirt cheap. From a Richmond perspective he'd be good insurance for Houli.
Hey Bully have u checked out the TT Podcast interview with Hartley? Basically says we are taking 38 on Snr list with no DFA's planned & sounds like mature age with the Rookie Draft (given he noted they are all eligible to play rd 1. Don't mind this plan at all.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Jonesracing82 said:
Hey Bully have u checked out the TT Podcast interview with Hartley? Basically says we are taking 38 on Snr list with no DFA's planned & sounds like mature age with the Rookie Draft (given he noted they are all eligible to play rd 1. Don't mind this plan at all.
Yep, 4 kids and 4 state league/ mature players is good.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
tigertim said:
Yep, 4 kids and 4 state league/ mature players is good.
Agree, the state leaguers can play str8 away if good enough & the kids can push them out in the next yr or 2, ideally we find ourselves another Higgins/Graham with our 1st 2 picks & we are laughing if that is the case.

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
Jonesracing82 said:

Sound tactic, my shortlist would be Grigg, Schloithe, Maguire, Pickett & Bolton.

TygerTyger

oh yeah!
Oct 17, 2006
Richmond
Turner, English and Rance make 3 off ....Ive lost track of who's on rookie spots and who must be promoted... Do we have to delist anymore?

Reactions: 1 user

FitenFitenWin

Listen to the thunder RFC
Jul 30, 2009
Brisbane
Is there any idea of list size yet? Seems impossible to prepare for the draft, do delistings and trades, without knowing.
Apart from Rance retiring - expecting one or two more that will need to be delisted. Then there's the matter of how many picks we will be required to take from the National Draft. We'll have to cut for them too.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Turner, English and Rance make 3 off ....Ive lost track of who's on rookie spots and who must be promoted... Do we have to delist anymore?
Depends what list sizes are. That takes us down to 41 I think on the list. I suspect there will be a few more to leave, depends on how many we take in the draft, if you plan is 1 pick, plus MRJ, plus Baxter, then again it depends on list sizes.

How the AFL and the AFLPA still do not have this worked out astounds me. Amateur hour.

• Angry
Reactions: 5 users

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
I usually hate to lose any players, unless complete dud or Dhead, but especially hate losing untried (at AFL level) guys who you've been following and hearing they are showing promise. For instance, didn't we just hear about English burning when tried as a SF in the scratch matches up there, for what it's worth?
Hope we might take at least one of these guys back as a rookie if possible. I really liked what I heard about Turner.

[Is Naish lucky being a FS?]

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
add Broad and Higgins to that list who'll be traded. Expect Naish and Garth to depart also. Miller and Stack could go either way.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Shocked that Fraser Turner has been delisted , with Luke English

Yep in Turners first year in the VFL regularly got over 20 possessions had enough speed although disposal not always great.
Was not named as an emergency all year so obviously missing some traits that RFC are after?.
Tough not having VFL footy this year to get a clear picture on 2nd year players and with reduced list sizes tough calls have to be made.
English not surprised as I have said before I put him in the Anthony Miles mould.

Reactions: 3 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Yep in Turners first year in the VFL regularly got over 20 possessions had enough speed although disposal not always great.

you don't need to be able to kick to play for Richmond.

But you have to be some flavour of peerlessly tough.

Reactions: 2 users

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Surprised by Turner but not that surprised by English (despite some very good scratch match form).

We are just a victim of peerless depth at the moment, so there’s always going to be some unlucky ones. Hope they catch on elsewhere.

Reactions: 1 users