Connors | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Connors

Troy Taylor was completely unsuited to professional sport. He never stood a chance of succeeding. I know a player who was at Tigers same time as Troy, said he was a freak, could do anything on field but was a disaster off field and most of it had to do with alcohol. Recruiting indigenous kids from small/remote communities is almost being unfair on them such is the shock in not only moving to a big city but also into the cut throat demands of AFL.
Dan Connors is still one of the most talented players I have ever seen. Skills, athleticism, footy nous were all top shelf. Alcohol and drugs were far too appealing.
Yes. Sad that people often use those two ways to escape some kind of pain they are in without being able to get the right help to overcome their emotional/mental health issues going on in their lives. I would hope we could assist someone like him a lot better now compared to 12 years ago, but first he's got to want to change his life and probably his social contacts.