Coronavirus | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coronavirus

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
The fearmongering from the Herald Scum is relentless. Every case from the Holiday Inn cluster has been in isolation. We had more cases over the new year and there was never any talk of lockdown.

Sure, if we get more cases outside of Iso (samples have been found in sewerage, so it’s possible), we might have to look at bringing in more restrictions. But after what we have been through, scaring people with the threat of unsubstantiated lockdown rumours, is just about as low as you can go.

Well, The Age is also reporting the strong possibility of a lockdown. Slo-Mo has stepped in as well now with his 2 cents, and supports it. It's coming it seems. Lets face it: this is another Victorian quarantine disaster.

Hearing that maybe a teacher at a big school has tested positive and worked there while infectious too ?

And how the *** did that close contact end up going to work at Tulla for 8 hours ?

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Well, The Age is also reporting the strong possibility of a lockdown. Slo-Mo has stepped in as well now with his 2 cents, and supports it. It's coming it seems. Lets face it: this is another Victorian quarantine disaster.

This is kinda my point though. the media speculating about a lockdown without any corroborating evidence. They are guessing and it scares people. Telling people this is bloody cruel and makes me so angry.

Why don’t they say something positive for once? Or do us all a favour and speak in facts instead of predicting the worst? Most of us are experienced enough to know that this is at its most contagious at 4-5 days. Today is day 5 since the first case was announced, so it is probably at its peak now.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
This is kinda my point though. the media speculating about a lockdown without any corroborating evidence. They are guessing and it scares people. Telling people this is bloody cruel and makes me so angry.

Why don’t they say something positive for once? Or do us all a favour and speak in facts instead of predicting the worst? Most of us are experienced enough to know that this is at its most contagious at 4-5 days. Today is day 5 since the first case was announced, so it is probably at its peak now.

Nah, the government met last night and one of the items on the table was the need to introduce a 'snap lockdown'. They were going to wait for further data this morning before making a decision on responses etc. That's all stuff that you'd expect to be standard media reporting. That's information/news....not scaring people.

As for a "peak" you can't ever say that for sure. We've got more cases appearing day by day with ever increasing hotspots with subsequently unknown transmission outcomes. Professor Baxter herself is worried we already have a much broader spread in the community that we are yet to know about. Even Weimar referred to this as just being the "first quarter" so dunno where you're getting this "peak" thing from. Nobody knows just yet.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
The fearmongering from the Herald Scum is relentless. Every case from the Holiday Inn cluster has been in isolation. We had more cases over the new year and there was never any talk of lockdown.

Sure, if we get more cases outside of Iso (samples have been found in sewerage, so it’s possible), we might have to look at bringing in more restrictions. But after what we have been through, scaring people with the threat of unsubstantiated lockdown rumours, is just about as low as you can go.

Well if it is as low as you can go, you know the Murdoch media will be there.

DS

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Well if it is as low as you can go, you know the Murdoch media will be there.

DS

True, they are the pits. But we have a *** serious issue here now regardless. Another quarantine disaster. 3500 passengers went through T4 on Tuesday (and any amount of others) while that infectious worker (who was a close contact) was there for 8 hours. How did that happen ??? If that person breached testing-iso requirements they should be prosecuted.

Several more hotspots to be announced shortly. Police on standby for a snap lockdown.

Hopefully we've got lucky with the contagion, but this seems to be the more transmissable UK variant at play here. Things 'aint sounding so good right now. But who knows yet. Bit early maybe but I sense a SA/WA snap lockdown type action might be on the cards.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
WIll support a lockdown if Dan & cronies believe it is out of control. Lesser of two evils compared to a UK situation.
I dont think any lockdown would be a sign they believe it is out of control, but an acknowledgment there may possibly be a wider spread than is easily contact traced- i guess say 3 people removed from the known source.
Hopefully it is not needed, hopefully if there is 1 it is not harsh, but more importantly hopefully there is no wider community spread.

Reactions: 1 user

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
True, they are the pits. But we have a *** serious issue here now regardless. Another quarantine disaster. 3500 passengers went through T4 on Tuesday (and any amount of others) while that infectious worker (who was a close contact) was there for 8 hours. How did that happen ??? If that person breached testing-iso requirements they should be prosecuted.

Several more hotspots to be announced shortly. Police on standby for a snap lockdown.

Hopefully we've got lucky with the contagion, but this seems to be the more transmissable UK variant at play here. Things 'aint sounding so good right now. But who knows yet. Bit early maybe but I sense a SA/WA snap lockdown type action might be on the cards.
from what I have seen she was at work before she was known to be a close contact, so she wasnt breaking any iso requirements, and was possibly contagious at the time., so hopefully wasnt able to spread.

Reactions: 1 user

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
from what I have seen she was at work before she was known to be a close contact, so she wasnt breaking any iso requirements, and was possibly contagious at the time., so hopefully wasnt able to spread.

Fair enough but I thought Weimar and co said that all Holiday Inn close contacts had been engaged ages ago ? And DHHS said last night that the two new cases they were adding were close primary household contacts and then at the same time put Brunetti up as a hotspot. So how did that happen ? Or has our contact tracing failed ?

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
WIll support a lockdown if Dan & cronies believe it is out of control. Lesser of two evils compared to a UK situation.

Dan & his cronies are incapable of managing hotel quarantine, the state that should have learnt the most from their failures has learnt the least :rolleyes:

Reactions: 1 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
And Andrew's hands in his resignation.

You cannot defend his governments incompetency.

You think that there is a hotel quarantine system that should be 100% successful? If so, then you will be sorely disappointed. There will be outbreaks, its how we deal with them which determines how good the system is.

At this stage we have dealt with outbreaks well. Lets just see how this one goes. Bear in mind that we haven't had any of these snap lockdowns since our lockdown ended what 4 months ago? Almost every other state has had snap lockdowns in that same period.

Reactions: 3 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Stage 4 lockdown for 5 days.

Dan can get *smile*.

Sort out your hotel quarantine you *smile* wit.

Reactions: 2 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
What is it about Victoria that allows the virus to spread so quickly in comparison with other states?

The UK strain escaped hotel quarantine in both QLD & WA yet there was no community transmission in either state. I think the QLD woman passed onto her husband and that's it. The WA bloke didn't pass it on to anyone despite driving Ubers whilst infectious.