Damien Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damien Hardwick

tigers80

Tiger Legend
Jul 7, 2004
Apparently Carlton asked the question. I'd like to think they hung up the phone after hearing maniacal laughter for a good 10mins.

My source from Essendon tells me they also enquired a couple of years back.
He politely declined apparently.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
He's now our most successful coach of all time. (Without checking the records) I don't think there are many other coaches who have won 2 flags for the tigers, let alone getting there after where the club was when he took over

Tiger immortal!

Yep, Hardwick is a legend, but there is the small matter of the great Tommy Hafey winning four flags as Richmond coach to consider.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
He is just Dimma mark 2 so that change would be seamless
I thought I when Dimma steps down, hopefully after a few more flags and many years in the future, that it would be nice if one of his players steps in. I think Cotch and Rance would make great coaches.

Al Bundy

Premiers 2017, 2019, 2020 ...2021?
Aug 27, 2003
Melbourne
Just a superb coach, has grown and developed into a fantastic leader.
His interview on the Talking Footy show after 2016 season or end of 17season (I forget) was a great insight. The changes he made personally in being a better coach & manner on how he leads. His willingness to throw away everything and restart was a massive gamble and it worked. Trusted those around him & deligated.

Was a fan for many years of him, lost me during the 16 season and was frustrated the way he coached & even wanted him gone or gone early in 17 if he could not show change (glad to be wrong too). So rapt to have him as a coach now. he is still young and hopefully have him for a long time to come.

On a lighter note, RFC let EFC have Sheedy got them 4 premierships. Now we have EFC's Dimma. He got us 2! Hmm 2 more needed Dimma :) LOL :)

Reactions: 3 users

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
It’s well known Dimma has been a flag magnet ie Richmond coach 2017, 2019. Hawthorn assistant coach 2008, Port Power player 2004, Essendon 2000 but I didn’t know his magnetism went back as far back as 1991:

check out the baby faced number 29 for North MelBourne.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
I thought I when Dimma steps down, hopefully after a few more flags and many years in the future, that it would be nice if one of his players steps in. I think Cotch and Rance would make great coaches.

Cotchin should be earmarked for future CEO of the club

Reactions: 2 users

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
George would have to be a more erratic and unpredictable Club President than Kennett, Kochi and John Elliott combined! He would leave the rest of the comp in his wake and leave AFL House completely dumbfounded.

Reactions: 1 user