Damien Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damien Hardwick

Fat. Slow. Hopeless.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2018-03-11/jlt-2-dusty-might-even-get-better

To think we used to mock Damien for his cliched responses. There are 2 Hardwicks and the one we don't often see has climbed the highest peak.
I'm in awe & forever in debt for what he's been able to do for our football club.

Tigers of Old said:
To think we used to mock Damien for his cliched responses. There are 2 Hardwicks and the one we don't often see has climbed the highest peak.
I'm in awe & forever in debt for what he's been able to do for our football club.
Well said mate

Yet another accolade for Dimma, named Victorian Sports Coach of the Year yesterday.

His mantle would be getting crowded with all the awards he has won in recent times.

Tigers of Old said:

Also I'm in awe & forever in debt for what he's been able to do for our football club.

To think we used to be mocked for cliched responses calling for persistence and patients for Damien and the club!

Ah the good old day's!

nothing-wrong-with-blowing-your-own-trumpet.jpg

ninjahaha said:
Also I'm in awe & forever in debt for what he's been able to do for our football club.

To think we used to be mocked for cliched responses calling for persistence and patients for Damien and the club!

Cl

Ah the good old day's!

nothing-wrong-with-blowing-your-own-trumpet.jpg

Classic!

After 37 years Im just glad we finally won a flag!

Only slight niggle for me is that the rest of the footy world seems to dismiss how dominate we ended up being.

Hopefully the preseason's intent is a sign we will dominate again. You would think the so called experts would be a little gun shy about underestimating us, but nah!

800K seems about right for a plodding coach dependent on an elite support structure and the most coachable playing group in the league.

Baron Samedi said:
800K seems about right for a plodding coach dependent on an elite support structure and the most coachable playing group in the league.

Good call Baron

Baron Samedi said:

You are a funny guy Bas.

There is a reason why the group is so coachable. Without Dimma we would still be wallowing in a sea of mediocrity.

800k is unders....but then again i expect you know this.

It's a shame Mr Damien Hardwick signed so quickly. Poor form, really.

He should have put off negotiations until Essendon is looking for a coach and then tantalised the *smile* out of them for months before resigning with us for a squillion.

Baron Samedi said:

After reading the book Yellow and Black it's my conclusion that without the connection between the players and coaching staff initiated by Dimma in the 2017 preseason and continuing through out the season we wouldn't have won the premiership. Caracella and Leppitsch were great additions to the coaching staff, but i don't believe we would have won the flag without the bond that the players had for each other and the coaching staff.
In Peter Dickson's documentary, the great man Tom Hafey said words to the effect if you haven't got the players onside even Jesus Christ would struggle as coach.

Baron Samedi said:

Still looking for a headline Baz

The nitty gritty of it all in 2017 was that a bit of Tiger Balm eased our pain from our 2106 angst.