Damien Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damien Hardwick

Inside info from
A reliable source

Dimma told the bloke that it’s a long climb to the summit of Everest and there’s 20 games and three finals to go and we’ll see them on the MCG later in the year.

☝️ May or may not be true

DirtyDogTiger said:
Inside info from
A reliable source

Dimma told the bloke that it’s a long climb to the summit of Everest and there’s 20 games and three finals to go and we’ll see them on the MCG later in the year.

☝️ May or may not be true

If thats all he said why the outrage? Whateley was even talking about it on SEN this morning with Buckley apparently.

Legends of 2017 said:
If I was Dimma I would have replied " didn't realize Premierships were won on sh!theaps like here"
Easy with hindsight and calmness :)

Sounds like he's still salty from the premiership. Maybe the bloke could have salted Dimma's chips

se7en said:
Sounds like he's still salty from the premiership. Maybe the bloke could have salted Dimma's chips

they're all still salty. they keep saying it would have been different if the GF was in Adelaide. the umpiring killed them. they finished on top and were the best team all year.

Dimma should have given the idiot his card and told the idiot to ring him next time he is in Melbourne and Dimma would let him see the premiership cup.

Ian4 said:
they're all still salty. they keep saying it would have been different if the GF was in Adelaide. the umpiring killed them. they finished on top and were the best team all year.

1. If they turned their 50k suburban ground into a 100k mega stadium, they may be in with a chance to host a GF. But no doubt there would be a power cut half way through the game with their 3rd world power supply

2. Betts was held - I will give them that. Happy to retrospectively make the margin 42 points if they like....i.e. still a whacking

3. No doubt they were the best team all year. But they don't play in the EPL so they have to be the best team in the GF or it counts for nothing.

They finished 1st in 2017, but they weren't that far in front. We were 2 pts behind despite managing to lose a string of games by less than a goal.

they will *smile* and moan, throw up excuses on why the didn't win
It's now written into history they crumbled on the most important day.
They lost, fell in a hole, got found wanting geez the list goes on.

Let them continue to wallow in their sorrow but the inexcusable truth is they LOST.
If they continually bring it up, it just leaves questions on why they didn't perform.
I really feel they and their supporters just thought if they turned up the result would go their way.

BrisTiger24 said:
1. If they turned their 50k suburban ground into a 100k mega stadium, they may be in with a chance to host a GF. But no doubt there would be a power cut half way through the game with their 3rd world power supply

2. Betts was held - I will give them that. Happy to retrospectively make the margin 42 points if they like....i.e. still a whacking

3. No doubt they were the best team all year. But they don't play in the EPL so they have to be the best team in the GF or it counts for nothing.

They weren't actually the best team all year.

They finished highest after the home and away. Richmond and Adelaide played the same number of games in 2017, and we finished with more wins. If you ran the ladder through the finals, we were the best team ALL year.

Coburgtiger said:
They weren't actually the best team all year.

They finished highest after the home and away. Richmond and Adelaide played the same number of games in 2017, and we finished with more wins. If you ran the ladder through the finals, we were the best team ALL year.

Spot on. We won 18 games for the season. They only won 17. Ergo we were the best team.

Ridley said:
Spot on. We won 18 games for the season. They only won 17. Ergo we were the best team.

x3. The best team all year thing is a total myth.

as for the Betts was held thing, Caddy was tunnelled badly by Otten just prior. So thats a myth too 8-

tigers80 said:
they will b!tch and moan, throw up excuses on why the didn't win
It's now written into history they crumbled on the most important day.
They lost, fell in a hole, got found wanting geez the list goes on.

Let them continue to wallow in their sorrow but the inexcusable truth is they LOST.
If they continually bring it up, it just leaves questions on why they didn't perform.
I really feel they and their supporters just thought if they turned up the result would go their way.

well said.

The 2017 cup will sit in Tigerland forever.

Tex's sook speech is indicative of the Crows leadership and broader culture.

The pissweak sooks can GAGF.

Thought for the H&A season, Adelaide were by far the best team. They threw away their last game, lost the previous by 3 points and had a 18% percentage better than us. But come finals time the Tigers were by far the best, one of the most dominant finals display in a long time.

The argument that Adelaide was the best team all year is blatantly wrong. Under a grand final system all games until that point are about making that day and performing at your best on that day. Adelaide did not do that. They peaked at round 20 or thereabouts hence they got their season progression wrong. Therefore not the best team that year.
Top of the ladder is only a relevant measure when in an EPL style system

Dimma should have said not as funny as the drive back home to Adelaide after the final.

I've been arguing this best all year thing for months with anyone who wants to degrade our triumph.

In regards to Betts was held, there's a contest in the 3rd qtr where Vlaustin takes a mark in the middle of the ground and just before he marks it Betts holds his arm, the mark was paid not the free kick, the umpires were being consistent

Statistically - scores for and against wise, I can't recall exactly, but I think it was:

Adelaide were the best team for the first half of 2017.

Richmond were the best team in the second half of 2017 (even excluding finals I think?).

Then finals where we were clearly the best team.

Now in 2018 their home dunghill win against us was nowhere near as impressive as it was last year. And they lost their first game to the bumbers.
Given this and the fact that they only play two more times at the G in the home and away season (Hawks and us), if they were smart they would realise that they are better off shutting up and not getting ahead of themselves (but they do seem quite good at getting ahead of themselves). Only very small bragging rights for them so far. I'll take the 2017 premiership thanks.

I never liked Port but Adelaide's lead up and reaction to the finals has me hoping Port do better this year.