David Astbury, Thank You | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

David Astbury, Thank You

Huge issue at the moment. Cant out mark and can’t jump and way too slow.
We need midfielders but a Tall Marking Defender is a priority too

Flea74 said:
Astbury out when Jack Ruwoldt is ready to return. Jack R to play a hybrid Rance/Astbury role for the first 3/4's of games- then switch with Balta (Fwd-CHB); with Jack Ruwoldt forward in the last quarters of games to kick match-winning goals/ create match-up nightmares. Nank rucking his guts out for the final q with Kamdyn relief if required?

I had toyed with the thought of jack spending time back ,

But I was thinking more traditional CHB role , intercepting marks , setting up play , he is a smart player with elite disposal, could he be used as a swing man , forward and back depending on match ups ?

I thought Dave and Grimes were off in the first half, and I was thinking Rance made them.

2nd half, Grimes morphs into Rance 2.0 and Dave gets on top.

think they got their structure/mojo back

Just want Astbury to rediscover his marking form. He’s never been quick & his agility went with his early career injuries. But he competes well against the big body forwards & with Stack & Edwards now behind the ball, he can still be extremely valuable just bringing the ball to ground.

Tigers2011 said:
Just want Astbury to rediscover his marking form. He’s never been quick & his agility went with his early career injuries. But he competes well against the big body forwards & with Stack & Edwards now behind the ball, he can still be extremely valuable just bringing the ball to ground.

Yes still easily in our best 22 - has always been the player to keep our defence structures in place - clearly missing Rance but any defence would.

Houli BigV Broad and Grimes have been sensational in the absence of Rance.
But Astbury has been a disaster.
The sooner we find a tall marking defender the better.

Glad others picked this up. A deliberate act from Melksham. Eyes only on Astbury's feet to stop him . A hell of a lot worse than what Jack and Nank did. I'm angry that he has got away with this.