Dayle Garlett | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dayle Garlett

Tigertough1974

Tiger Champion
Oct 1, 2013
The article i read said he played with two amatuer teams, no one would take him in WAFL and i dont think he wanted to go back.. Not sure but thats what i read.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Tigers of Old said:
https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/25436612/meth-addiction-behind-garletts-fall/
The story just keeps getting worse. Such a waste.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Probably because he'd found the gateway in Perth before coming over.

I seem to recall a tweeted pic or Instagram pick of him with a smoking apparatus. It got deleted leading up to the first draft.

Maybe it was one of those Arabic water pipes?

In any case, hard road for him. I hope he kicks his problems, and gets back to a decent life, let alone play football again. Can only worry bout his future based off that article.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Yuck. That's just plain sad. Depressing.

What a waste of talent.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
bullus_hit said:
Remember the pic with the dilated pupils? Talk about a red flag.

Due diligence. The unpopular phrase when looking at footballing ability. Lessons to be learned that there is often more than meets the eye when it comes to fantasy football.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
As one who was an advocate of getting DG it's s bullet I'm glad we dodged.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Also shows that when a prodigious talent slips through an entire draft, there is usually a very good reason even if the BigScooty Phantom Drafters can't see it.

Tigertough1974

Tiger Champion
Oct 1, 2013
Unfortunate... Hope as per one article states he can get back to WAFL ASAP, structure and good mates might be his saviour...

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
He'll probably twig when he's 30. Poor bastard. Had 2 chances and then some. I knew a bloke like this at high school (I'm sure a lot of fellow posters did as well, its not an uncommon story). Phil Carmen crossed with Ken Hunter. If he get off the *smile* and pot to play, this was u16s, his side won, if he didn't, they didn't. Heaps of sides were keen, always had plenty of flash AFL club official gear, but he had zero discipline or understanding of what was required. Also he just loved booze and drugs.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
It is sad when those blessed with this sort of talent don't realise how hard it is to come by and waste it like this.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
Tigertough1974 said:
Unfortunate... Hope as per one article states he can get back to WAFL ASAP, structure and good mates might be his saviour...

Weren't there reports earlier that said he needed to escape Perth and his mates over there, hence why neither of the WA sides would pick him?

Nothing more common in life than wasted talent. Hope he gets his life back on track, irrespective of what he does with footy.

tigerdave

Ya just gotta stand in line
Feb 1, 2006
He chose to digest whatever it was so i don't feel sorry for him at all.