Dayle Garlett | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dayle Garlett

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
bullus_hit said:
I don't know, he would have to do something exceptional in the state leagues to be even considered. As far as maturity is concerned, we're probably talking 5 years of growing up, past his used by date in the eyes of many recruiters.

Yeah, I'm his biggest fan but I wouldn't have the guts to take another chance on him.

He is Hawthorn's Troy Taylor. Talent is worth the risk. The Hawks are ok as they are not looking to have massive changes to their list so delisting him this year doesn't really throw them out.

It's a sad state. But the Hawks gave him every chance. Just not able to conform.

tigerlandishome

Carna Tiges
Jun 4, 2007
Perth
SCOOP said:
Yeah, I'm his biggest fan but I wouldn't have the guts to take another chance on him.

He is Hawthorn's Troy Taylor. Talent is worth the risk. The Hawks are ok as they are not looking to have massive changes to their list so delisting him this year doesn't really throw them out.

It's a sad state. But the Hawks gave him every chance. Just not able to conform.
Trust me, he has too much going on in his life. If you knew his family background and upbringing, none of this would be a surprise, as it wasn't to me. Just proves once again that talent is simply not enough in this game.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
SCOOP said:

On Taylor, I reckon 99% of kids drafted come across as good respectful citizens when u meet them and even if there not! they can fake it well enough! Taylor I found as a *smile* don't stink smart arse an came as no surprise the boys didn't want him around

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Elmer said:
Agree. He has burnt the Hawks who now go through the year a player down on their list. Had 'buyer beware' written on him previous and despite apparent immense talent even local clubs would be extremely wary.

I don't blame Gartlett for having a go or giving it away, but 'he'll be back' seems nonsensical right now.
Yes it is nonsensical NOW but in the future, who knows? It was once nonsensical to think Ben Cousins would play AFL again after being de registered and cut adrift by WCE.

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Interesting note to this.

While they say they are concerned for his welfare, Swan Districts, Garlett's WAFL club, have basically ruled out his return this season.

Apparently happy with their list.

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
Streak said:
Interesting note to this.

While they say they are concerned for his welfare, Swan Districts, Garlett's WAFL club, have basically ruled out his return this season.

Apparently happy with their list.

Yeah heard that tonight Streak. Doesn't add up.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Streak said:
He supposedly left them on good terms. I am wondering if there has been other stuff since.

Not sure, would they have got a pay day when Garlett played his first Afl game? If so they would be dirty that he walked out on the Hawks.
I see that he wants to play for Dandaragan, can't see him ever playing afl footy if thats the case.

tigs2010

Tiger Champion
Nov 21, 2009
tigerman said:
Not sure, would they have got a pay day when Garlett played his first Afl game? If so they would be dirty that he walked out on the Hawks.
I see that he wants to play for Dandaragan, can't see him ever playing afl footy if thats the case.
Pretty sure his junior club gets paid when he's drafted.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Been arrested and is in custody on car theft, aggravated house burglary and breaching bale conditions on another matter.

Tigertough1974

Tiger Champion
Oct 1, 2013
Its actually quite sad, i find no pleasure in seeing a talented kid stuff up again.. Looked like he could have been anything

Gus

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 18, 2005
Tigertough1974 said:
Its actually quite sad, i find no pleasure in seeing a talented kid stuff up again.. Looked like he could have been anything

It's so true but he has had access to better mentors, advice and opportunities than so many others and hasn't taken the right steps. You have to wonder when the message will get through.

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
Lucky no clubs took the risk with a high draft pick.

Sounds like there were more to the rumours prior to him being drafted with respect to his activities outside footy.

Tigertough1974

Tiger Champion
Oct 1, 2013
Gus said:
It's so true but he has had access to better mentors, advice and opportunities than so many others and hasn't taken the right steps. You have to wonder when the message will get through.

No Doubt Gus, even if he wasnt a highly touted jnr footy player, sad to see kids go down this path, dont see the funny side of any jokes regarding youth stuffing up, its the adults around him that have generally failed