Does consecutive straight sets losses cancel out a premiership? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Does consecutive straight sets losses cancel out a premiership?

Does consecutive straight sets losses cancel out a premiership?

• Yes

• No

• Cheese Sandwich

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
Has a team ever encountered consecutive straight sets elimination before?

Let's also factor in that none of their fans witnessed 2021 live

Posted in the game day thread that I'd be filthy if I was a Dees fan tonight. They have a serious premiership threatening list, yet meekly bow out again in straight sets.

The answer to the question for me is no, no way in hell if you are talking about the team. A premiership is what it is all about.

But if linking it to credit in the coaching bank for Goodwin, it does given the way it has happened IMO.

Reactions: 1 user
Posted in the game day thread that I'd be filthy if I was a Dees fan tonight. They have a serious premiership threatening list, yet meekly bow out again in straight sets.

The answer to the question for me is no, no way in hell if you are talking about the team. A premiership is what it is all about.

But if linking it to credit in the coaching bank for Goodwin, it does given the way it has happened IMO.
wouldn't say meekly. With one half decent KF they would have won both games, would have won tonight with Brayshaw. But yeah they'd be filthy.

Reactions: 1 users
6-0 6-0
Simona Halep Grip GIF by Wilson Tennis

• Haha
Lots to be pissed about if you’re a dees supporter considering the Grundy conundrum and coming into a final with Schacke as an emergency. Team played selfish footy towards the end.

Lots to be pissed about if you’re a dees supporter considering the Grundy conundrum and coming into a final with Schacke as an emergency. Team played selfish footy towards the end.
Team does very selfish footy.
Petracca wheels and goes.
It makes me think about how phenomal is Dusty, always bringing his teammates in

Reactions: 5 users
Say what? the dees are in the prelim. MCC shot their load a bit too early it seems.

dees.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11 users
I guess if we hadn't won a flag for as long as Melbourne then maybe not but they didn't get to see it live so there would be a large degree of unflfilled angst for sure.

Reactions: 3 users
I guess if we hadn't won a flag for as long as Melbourne then maybe not but they didn't get to see it live so there would be a large degree of unflfilled angst for sure.

100% spot on. I was at the G for the 2017 & 2019 GF's with my wife and kids, and other family members and friends too to witness it LIVE and celebrate like no tomorrow, especially 2017. Dees supporters would feel a little robbed on not witnessing their team live win the premiership on the G after 60-odd years.

2020 was great in that it was the flag that catapulted us as a dynasty team. We weren't there due to COVID but what a feeling to see us lift the cup again after the triumphs of 2017 & 2019. Satisfied to the max!!!

Reactions: 4 users
I reckon what this exposes is that they really need to do something about their forward line. The defence: covered. Mids: covered. Ruck: covered. No forward line and they are out.

Makes you wonder a bit about Collingwood too . . .

DS

You recruit Grundy to form a one-two ruck combo with Gawn and don't even play him? Surely their fwd line looks better with Grundy or Gawn fwd than it did last night.

Reactions: 3 users
I didn’t even watch last night because of the fear of seeing them win - but read a book and followed the score on my phone.

I’ve sat in the MCC members area for Melb v Richmond games and they are the most nauseating bunch of plonkers imaginable.

Oh the bliss of just imagining their reaction at siren time.

Melbourne’s issues start and end with their coaching and culture. Any list that has Petracca, Oliver, Gawn, May, Lever and Viney as it’s core and is supported by the likes of Langdon, Salem, Pickett, Fritsch, Grundy, Brown et el should be regularly bringing home silverware.

I’d be devastated as a Melbourne supporter, they are wasting a once in a generation list.

Absolutely it cancels out the premiership, after all they only beat the Dogs, who have done nothing since.

Melbourne’s issues start and end with their coaching and culture. Any list that has Petracca, Oliver, Gawn, May, Lever and Viney as it’s core and is supported by the likes of Langdon, Salem, Pickett, Fritsch, Grundy, Brown et el should be regularly bringing home silverware.

I’d be devastated as a Melbourne supporter, they are wasting a once in a generation list.
Hard to disagree - they looked like a dynasty in the making. Lost two finals they should of won by 4 goals each this year due to inaccurate kicking. Poor coaching or poor kicking? Looks like the Richmond coaching selection committee thinks its the latter.

Lost two finals they should of won by 4 goals each this year due to inaccurate kicking. Poor coaching or poor kicking? Looks like the Richmond coaching selection committee thinks its the latter.
Hopefully Yze can help fix our kicking for goal.

I reckon what this exposes is that they really need to do something about their forward line. The defence: covered. Mids: covered. Ruck: covered. No forward line and they are out.

Makes you wonder a bit about Collingwood too . . .

DS
2017 Crowbaits v Us all over again when it comes to Colonwoods game n set up. Colonwood bring their game, it'll stand up to just about anything.

Yeah, talk to a Saints fan, their 66 premiership is all they talk about....................not, none of them were alive to see it:cool:
Plenty of old Saints fans that saw it are still alive, they've just all got alzheimers n can't remember it.

• Haha