Does consecutive straight sets losses cancel out a premiership? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Does consecutive straight sets losses cancel out a premiership?

Does consecutive straight sets losses cancel out a premiership?

• Yes

• No

• Cheese Sandwich

Results are only viewable after voting.
This may be the silliest thread ever. Cancel a premiership because you don't win more?

Reactions: 2 users
This may be the silliest thread ever. Cancel a premiership because you don't win more?
Agree, a flag is a flag. Never easy.

I think the question should be, is this a wasted generation? And the answer is yes. This is the Baby Bombers all over again.

They will trade Grundy and Max will go down with a 10 week injury next year. Nothing surer. That’s how the era closes.

And if Grundy goes, they will still need to find a back up for Max. They need to play Van Rooyen and Jefferson the entire year. Lot of work to be done at Melbourne, lot of draft capital to play with, lot of moves will be made.

Reactions: 3 users
Agree, a flag is a flag. Never easy.

I think the question should be, is this a wasted generation? And the answer is yes. This is the Baby Bombers all over again.

They will trade Grundy and Max will go down with a 10 week injury next year. Nothing surer. That’s how the era closes.

And if Grundy goes, they will still need to find a back up for Max. They need to play Van Rooyen and Jefferson the entire year. Lot of work to be done at Melbourne, lot of draft capital to play with, lot of moves will be made.
Yeh, under achieved. And you sense they aren't a "team" in the same way the multiple premiershipt sides are. Guys like May/Fritsch/Hunter/Pickett don't come across as likable/well liked within the group. Oliver is a different cat, Petracca not a leader in the chimp sense. Gawn is a leader but does he really have enough leadership support? And Goodwin never says anything that makes you sit up and notice. He's bland.

Reactions: 2 users
Definitely underachieved. How long does a successful period of being up the top last? 4 seasons I reckon (obviously there’s exception, Geelong). There’s still time for this current list at Melbourne but not much, 1 maybe 2 seasons.

The Dees could add another pick inside 30 with Grundy going, giving them 3 inside 30.

They could add Zane Duursma with the Freo pick. That’s the type they need forward of centre.

Van Rooyen, Duursma and Pickett is a 10 years forward line built.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeh, under achieved. And you sense they aren't a "team" in the same way the multiple premiershipt sides are. Guys like May/Fritsch/Hunter/Pickett don't come across as likable/well liked within the group. Oliver is a different cat, Petracca not a leader in the chimp sense. Gawn is a leader but does he really have enough leadership support? And Goodwin never says anything that makes you sit up and notice. He's bland.
Yeah the May/Lever pointing fingers and shouting/arguing was noticeable on Friday night as was the "negative" response from some teammates. Interesting dynamics.

Reactions: 1 users
They have more than enough talent, even without a functioning forward line. Their problem is leadership and decision making. Carlton shouldnt have won but they did.

Look at what the Dee's draft hand is, they are in a great position, that is unless Gawn goes down with an LTI next year.

Yeah the May/Lever pointing fingers and shouting/arguing was noticeable on Friday night as was the "negative" response from some teammates. Interesting dynamics.
May does a lot of pointing. He is one that will drop off quickly I think. Not great speed or agility. Form not great this year compared to previous years.

Reactions: 1 users
May does a lot of pointing. He is one that will drop off quickly I think. Not great speed or agility. Form not great this year compared to previous years.
Yeah his 1 on 1 bodywoork was superb but apart from that his workrate was poor and his speed and agility is definitely on the wain.

Don't be 'gobsmacked' it's Goodwin pulling the strings.
The most underwhelming senior AFL coach I've seen. 12 year old kids can see what the issue is but he refuses to fix it.
Tough titties

More underwhelming than Neeld? Just to name 1 example.

• Haha
The AFL era is littered with teams that should've won more.

North in the '90s underachieved I reckon - should've won at least one more.

Carlton in the '90s also should've won another.

Then there's Essendon from 1999-2001; all for one premiership.

St Kilda from 2004-05 ... then 2009-2010.

It's not uncommon for teams to underachieve while in the flag window - and Melbourne will likely fall into that.

The fact of the matter is they're so bloody hard to win ... particularly in the 18-team era, which makes what Hawthorn and Richmond have done solely in that time even more impressive.

Reactions: 4 users
The Dees could add another pick inside 30 with Grundy going, giving them 3 inside 30.

They could add Zane Duursma with the Freo pick. That’s the type they need forward of centre.

Van Rooyen, Duursma and Pickett is a 10 years forward line built.
Not convinced on Van Rooyen. Time will tell.

Pickett is an excitement machine but needs to get his head together. When the demons were on top early he was responsible for a relatively easy shot for goal by Smith being reversed. Very damaging when your team got beaten by 2 points.

Then he got reported later as well.

Not convinced on Van Rooyen. Time will tell.

Pickett is an excitement machine but needs to get his head together. When the demons were on top early he was responsible for a relatively easy shot for goal by Smith being reversed. Very damaging when your team got beaten by 2 points.

Then he got reported later as well.
F*****g glorious, wasn't it? Especially when he hit the post late. Suffer in ya jocks, Pickett, coward.

F*****g glorious, wasn't it? Especially when he hit the post late. Suffer in ya jocks, Pickett, coward.
Glorious if you are a blues supporter, not so much for the demons fans

Pickett can play but he needs to look at players like Cameron and some old videos of Eddie Betts and stop trying to get into opponents faces all the time.

Toorak might be missing a KPF but it’s their one paced mids and kicking by their better players that’s just as big a problem.

They are second last in the AFL for kicking efficiency. Gawn 52%. Oliver 52%. Viney 49.5%. Pickett 53%. Even Petracca is only 50%.

They can’t hit targets.

Demons have a bunch of selfish players that burn team mates in better positions. Even in their flag year this was noticeable to me.

As others have pointed out they have some blokes quick to blame rather than support / improve as well.

Seems a super fragile culture and those little flaws got exposed big time in this final.

Their mid and backline talent is crazy good - once the slight drop off comes though I reckon they will eat themselves alive.

Demons have a bunch of selfish players that burn team mates in better positions. Even in their flag year this was noticeable to me.

As others have pointed out they have some blokes quick to blame rather than support / improve as well.

Seems a super fragile culture and those little flaws got exposed big time in this final.

Their mid and backline talent is crazy good - once the slight drop off comes though I reckon they will eat themselves alive.
But they have Melcham coming back.
I was only gone for 10 weeks and I've come back to.
'Melcham should be back by round 1"
'Melbourne really missed Melcham'