DRAFT DAY! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

DRAFT DAY!

Help me out here people, do we now have a guaranteed opportunity to pick up another 1 or 2 players of our choice? If so, who are they likely to be?

Tigerbob said:
Greg on SEN now.

Absolutely Music to my ears.

Looks like Richards is gone WooHoo!

Will take the best kid at PSD and then first rookie.

I am absolutely thrilled.

Why not just use pick 67 then. I'm pretty sure we would have fully researched all the juniors by now.

Redford said:
Miller astounded that Rance was available. Clearly a shock that both he and Selwood were still there at 18 and why they took so long to select.
Selwood would've been superb at #19.

It's the only beef I have with this entire draft by Richmond.

11 year Selwood >6 year McMahon.

jb03 said:
Why not just use pick 67 then. I'm pretty sure we would have fully researched all the juniors by now.

Because there were only 5 picks or something after our last, so very little risk with passing, and then weighing things up by bringing the kids in and having a look at them again.

The_General said:
Because there were only 5 picks or something after our last, so very little risk with passing, and then weighing things up by bringing the kids in and having a look at them again.
and also I think the contract terms are more favourable

Very happy with that lot. I was deeply suspicious that the Morton trade came with strings attached, very happy to get Cotchin. Pumped that Rance lasted so long, KP defenders usually slip a bit but I thought that Rance may have gone earlierin such a shallow draft.

On the flipside, McMahon looks like an expensive trade seeing that Selwood was available.

Happy with draft day, a far better performance than during trade week.

A bit dissapointed Howat didn't get picked up by anyone. held a small hope he would, I hope someone takes him in the PSD.

Say what you like about him, he tried his guts out to earn his shot.

Best Available in PSD for mine, whoever that may be, then fill out the Rookie positions with........

1. Ruckman
2. Small crumbing forward (eg. Gartlett)
3. KPP of some sort
4. Someone from Coburg (or just keep Howat if possible)

evo said:
Selwood would've been superb at #19.

It's the only beef I have with this entire draft by Richmond.

11 year Selwood >6 year McMahon.

fair enough evo, pic 35 for morton looks like being a steal....I can understand guys like urself and claw questioning pic 19 for Mcmahon...Mcmahon will be very good for us and free up guys like newman into the midfield....but in saying that yes a 10yr+ selwood or collier would've been great.

Cothin and Rance i am over the moon with and a ruckman at pic 51, 202.5 cms tall will please claw and others.

PSD pic 1 and Rookie draft pic 1 need to get the best young kids that weren't picked up....adios Guy Richards

Happened to mention pick 19 to Frank on Tuesday night at the draft night. He said nothing but he his eyes went straight to the ceiling.
He has had a great day with Cotchin and Putt but they really wanted Selwood, and but for some madness from Terry, would have had him.

I think any recruiting manager/scout would want more picks, cause it gives them more chances to do their job. Maybe Greg Beck, but....